IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Robert Carpenter say he saw the girls regularly (or maybe it was daily)? Misty said she started her job 5 days prior and the girls have been playing for together for 5 days

I missed the part about her starting her job 5 days ago. Where did you hear that? So that fits with her previous statement about swimming at other lakes the past 5 weeks while she was off of work and Lyric being able to swim.

So if she called 911 because Lyric and her other cousin were gong longer than they were supposed to be, was that on her first day of work and then she started having Lyric go over to Elizabeth's house?

Elizabeth's mom stated previously that she stays close to home but could have been persuaded by her cousin Lyric to go further. But then Mr. Carpenter says he sees her daily.

FYI----There was a over 5 attempted child abductions around the area of PERU, IL today (which is just miles from my home) and the surrounding areas. Man, white van, 50 years old, Bald. They caught him and are taking one of the children he tried to abduct to the police station to identify him. I did alert the local LE of this case (in case they are living under a rock). Heard all this on our scanner at home and a few private FB posts. Scary World!

That's only 3.5 hours away down I-380/I-80. Yikes!

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...3mAJiDHG26HnWIRdbQ&oq=peru,+il&t=h&mra=ls&z=8

the earrings on lyric? she was wearing big girl earrings.. it looked like a school photo to me... I would not classify them like that at all imhoo. She is most likely in that stage where she wants to look "cool" and borrowed some jewelry maybe. I have a kid near this same age group and I see this happen with my own child... esp with music and clothes.
I have a teen daughter also and every morning before she leaves the house we have to discuss (sometimes argue) the "interesting" low cut jeans or shirt/makeup/earrings she has chosen for that day. Girls need parents/aunt/granny/guardian that helps them choose appropriate items whether they want to hear it or not (almost always its "not"). (i've been told they grow out of this stage and I'm eagerly awaiting it. :) )

Some thoughts -
Misty reminds me of Diena Thompson who was so strong in front of the camera when her daughter Somer went missing.

Someone mentioned a floating dock. Could the girls's bodies be stuck under it?

If the grass was so high between the path and the highway, I would think the LE would have seen where the grass had been pushed down if someone had crossed through it to reach the highway or the path.

We'd know by now. The docks are gone now, pulled out a few hours ago.

passion, I am in michigan but know the whole area including Iowa has been bathed in heat and drought... drowning deaths are up due to this. (people who cannot swim well flocking to bodies of water to beat the heat... including lakes, pools, and oceans)

It is hotter than hello here.. today in michigan we were at 106 on my thermometer. It is still at almost 9:30 pm, 99 degrees just in my house alone and my outside thermometer reads 93.

All previous links suggest that local RSO's have been cleared.

no word on poly results from family members.. they have taken them willingly so far it would seem.... they themselves are the only ones reporting that any have been issued.

If some sicko in the area is responsible he most likely is not on the register as all have been cleared. But we have seen this previously in the Sommer Thompson case... wonder if anyone in the area is under suspicion for anything else (like Jarred Harrell was in ST case)... either way they seem to be dealing with a ghost. Someone that did not leave much behind (that is, if they are not found once the lake is completely drained)

I'm not a body language expert, but a lot of shoulder shrugging during the interview from the dad...is what I noticed.

Did I miss something while I was away for an hour or so? Is Dad now a suspect??

My 10 year old niece doesn't have pierced ears, either. Her mom wants her to wait until she's older. I can't imagine any of my friends' daughters being allowed to wear long dangly earrings in public either.

That is your value judgment about what you feel is appropriate. It may be a norm or acceptable for that area, for that family, etc to wear a lot of jewelry or that type. It does not really need to be sexualized or anything other than what it is : earrings. It is about self expression at that age. I have friends who wore earring like that at age 10, even more outrageous looking and I personally have never worn any, due to allergies. A pair of earrings is simply that though. It does not mean good parenting, bad parenting or anything of the sort. Just different people with different tastes. And how people choose to adorn their bodies does not make someone a poor parent or a better human being or a more suspicious character than another. In fact, she may have even put them on for the school photo. Kids wear one outfit to school and change while they are there into something cooler all the time...LOL.

I missed the part about her starting her job 5 days ago. Where did you hear that? So that fits with her previous statement about swimming at other lakes the past 5 weeks while she was off of work and Lyric being able to swim.

So if she called 911 because Lyric and her other cousin were gong longer than they were supposed to be, was that on her first day of work and then she started having Lyric go over to Elizabeth's house?

Elizabeth's mom stated previously that she stays close to home but could have been persuaded by her cousin Lyric to go further. But then Mr. Carpenter says he sees her daily.

I would have to listen again to be sure, but I believe Misty said she started her job 5 days before Lyric went missing.

I have a teen daughter also and every morning before she leaves the house we have to discuss (sometimes argue) the "interesting" low cut jeans or shirt/makeup/earrings she has chosen for that day. Girls need parents/aunt/granny/guardian that helps them choose appropriate items whether they want to hear it or not (almost always its "not"). (i've been told they grow out of this stage and I'm eagerly awaiting it. :) )

I think all of us tween parents eagerly await that moment! I know I am waiting for it...

It was during the Nancy Grace interview. I think towards the end

Some thoughts -
Misty reminds me of Diena Thompson who was so strong in front of the camera when her daughter Somer went missing.

Someone mentioned a floating dock. Could the girls's bodies be stuck under it?

If the grass was so high between the path and the highway, I would think the LE would have seen where the grass had been pushed down if someone had crossed through it to reach the highway or the path.
From photos posted earlier today on here, the docks appear to be almost on dry land now.

Her earrings look like something an older girl/ teen would wear. That is what I think made her look older to me. My daughter is 10 and she is barely allowed to wear anything that dangles a little below her ear.

JMO

Morethanrubies,
I hear you..but, I was not refering to the earings,or anything superficial like that. It's more than that, and I cannot really define it. But, I have seen it before... Because it may not mean anything in terms of their disappearance, I will not dwell on it...JMO

OT a little---but I am just now watching NG and heard the grandma's convo w/ her and my heart just breaks. I couldn't tell you how many times we pulled stuff over my grandma's eyes. We were never supposed to go past the church (just a few blocks away) and we'd ride a path that went from town to town (going east AND west) BUT....we were always back on time b/c we didn't want to be caught.

My intentions are certainly NOT to criticize... just to state the facts and assist with the timeline

A firm timeline is desperately needed and I agree there isn't one and it doesn't appear that there will be a definitive one any time soon. Wish there was one as it would certainly pinpoint the exact window of opportunity any perp may have had.

There is something about these (man and woman who live two blocks from the lake) witnesses that make it difficult for me to trust their account. They seem like good folk, but are they sure it was the same girls?

On the video @ 1:30 the woman mentions how she sees E every night riding her bike...that little E always stops to talk to people (every night), and she's a friendly little girl. To me this sounds like a child in the immediate neighborhood, surrounding blocks. The man says that they could not tell the police the color of the bikes because the children all ride their bikes so fast. If they could not see the color of the bikes, how could they see the girls up close enough to know? Surely, there could be other bike riding girls in their neighborhood?
I am just not sure how they could positively ID "kids" they never met.
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/ar...irls-after-their-disappearance?nclick_check=1

JMO

Did a family member say that he or she called "911"? I can't remember. I'm thinking that if something about a call was said, maybe someone said they called LE, which would not necessarily mean 911. Someone could have called the Black Hawk Sheriff's Dept. directly and been told to come in and file a report or one person could have called the Sheriff's Dept. while at about the same time another person went to the Sheriff's Dept.

What was the weather like 4 days ago when they disappeared???
Here it was in the 90's, hot, muggy......did they take water?
Could someone of offered them something?
Could they be in someone's house held hostage?
Pediphiles been checked out?
The FBI brought in 30 agents. They went to every RSO's home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LightInv