LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all the cameras around I believe they saw him in the area for an unusual period of time before 2:00am then after Mickey was last seen the truck wasn't either.
moo

Yet some time prior to them searching the home.

I agree they did see his vehicle for an unusual period of time thus the wording used by the COP in presser.

Thus if they felt she had been kidnapped/taken I would think they would enlist the publics help much like they did with the Bain's girls. They did not put out any type of pleas like this.

ETA I would think there would of been a sense of urgency and I did not get that from LE

With all the cameras around I believe they saw him in the area for an unusual period of time before 2:00am then after Mickey was last seen the truck wasn't either.
moo

I think you are right about them seeing his truck on camera in the area before 2 am. I remembered what Chief Craft said at the press conference.

"I think based on the information we have...maybe he was riding around looking for someone to victimize," Craft said.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...ice-hold-press-conference-Mickey-Shunick-case

I never thought about crawfish farms. I had to google and they're similar to catfish farms like we have around here. I guess he literally could have put her about anywhere if he had planned it out and had a hole dug already.

/I just read my post and it sounded awful blunt to me. Didn't mean it that way at all.
I think Mickey is somewhere local... What worries me is that he may have planned a good spot to bury a victim beforehand, however, I don't think he actually went out and prepared a spot prior to Mickey's abduction. Rather he, over the years, thought about good places to put a body. Like many of you, I think it's possible he already has a spot where other victims may be located. Because LP's remains were found so quickly, and he was looked into, I think it's likely he was more careful with other victims (if there are more). I really hope he just carelessly dumped her somewhere, but I'm worried he probably had several good ideas, and had played it all out in his mind. Probably obsessively.... Of course, I think Mickey's abduction played out much different than he had envisioned...
Again, I hope he didn't think it through carefully, but I fear he probably had some pretty good ideas... And they're probably local. Jmo.

I don't think he ever intended to bring Mickey to his home, or did so. He wanted to contain the evidence to one place and he probably never thought he would have to destroy his truck, but things went wrong. I think he kept his "private" activities very separate from his life with GF etc...after all, he was trying to get his status changed, claimed he was wrongly accused, a victim, etc...I don't believe he would bring a victim to his home where he could possibly get caught.

Even if his attack that particular night was an impulse, I think he would have settled down enough after the initial violence to know that he had to leave Mickey someplace that could not be connected to him. But he may still have taken something from her to add to his secret stash of kinky trophies, never expecting his home would be the focus of a search.

Cluciano, I find my own thoughts mirroring yours. I think BSL spent many nights just driving around, looking. Unfortunately, this time he spotted Mickey and circled her until he found the right time and place. I do think he got more of a fight than he anticipated and Mickey hurt him. At that time, he has to get rid of the big pieces of evidence and jumped on I10 and went straight to Whiskey Bay where he dumped the bike. Personally, I have the same feeling Tim Miller has, that he also dumped Mickey in the basin there somewhere as well. I think he then jumped on State Route 975 and took that up to 190 and back home.

At that point, if he did keep any "trophies", he hid those, he tried to take care of his injuries, but realized that they needed medical attention but knew he couldn't go anywhere locally. He then has the long drive to New Orleans to come up with his "mugging" story. After giving LE a statement there, he probably went away feeling fairly confident he covered his tracks. He got rid of major evidence, he confronted LE with no major problems and up to this time, there was no news of a missing Mickey. That probably changed a short time later. He probably got interviewed by LE, as an RSO, and pictures of the DWT were released, sending him into a moment of panic where he decides to burn his DWT. Of course that is all just my opinion and only time will tell.

OK! I have a question!
I don't wan't to beat a dead horse...
I remember talking Taco bell into the ground... as to why she went there to eat and I always meant to ask.

Does anyone know if she was a Vegan? Vegetarian?

I've been away all day and just catching up. A poster on Thread #39 mentioned that she thought SOWELA Community College was fictitious. It's not, it's in Lake Charles...so, with that being said, perhaps we need to look at missing women in LC.

http://www.sowela.edu/

Please forgive me if this has already been cleared up.

OK! I have a question!
I remember talking Taco bell into the ground... as to why she went there to eat and I always meant to ask.

Yes my understanding is that she was vegan think this came up in the Taco Bell discussion.

Just wondering how profusely he may have been bleeding, what with the neck injury, hand and supposed back. Did he wait to go home to clean up? Did he use something in his car to cover the neck? Was he still bleeding when he disposed of the bike? Would he stop at a gas station bathroom to clean up before going home? I think she fought hard and left him a mess. Also wonder if the seats in his truck were leather or material? He must have been in bad shape to go to a hospital. Could he have washed off in the area he threw the bike? Don't know where these questions are leading me, but I am full of wonderment right now. I guess i think he would have gone home as soon as possible with his injuries. I also think that bullies who hurt others are usually very childlike about their own pain and blood. JMO

Cluciano, I find my own thoughts mirroring yours. I think BSL spent many nights just driving around, looking. Unfortunately, this time he spotted Mickey and circled her until he found the right time and place. I do think he got more of a fight than he anticipated and Mickey hurt him. At that time, he has to get rid of the big pieces of evidence and jumped on I10 and went straight to Whiskey Bay where he dumped the bike. Personally, I have the same feeling Tim Miller has, that he also dumped Mickey in the basin there somewhere as well. I think he then jumped on State Route 975 and took that up to 190 and back home.

At that point, if he did keep any "trophies", he hid those, he tried to take care of his injuries, but realized that they needed medical attention but knew he couldn't go anywhere locally. He then has the long drive to New Orleans to come up with his "mugging" story. After giving LE a statement there, he probably went away feeling fairly confident he covered his tracks. He got rid of major evidence, he confronted LE with no major problems and up to this time, there was no news of a missing Mickey. That probably changed a short time later. He probably got interviewed by LE, as an RSO, and pictures of the DWT were released, sending him into a moment of panic where he decides to burn his DWT. Of course that is all just my opinion and only time will tell.

Where did you get this info from?

Maybe true but I just have a hard time with that theory since he was in an active relationship and had familty that lived close by that could have sprung in on him at any moment.

Jessica Lunsford's abductor had her in the bedroom of his trailer, and there were several of his family members living there at the time. Often, loved ones will turn a blind eye. I'm not saying this is what happened with Mickey, but it does go to show the risks these sicko's are willing to take to feed their obsessions. I think It's possible he had her at his place for a period of time...
All jmo.

OK! I have a question!

Ok I have to say this. This part simply makes no sense to me. It seems like one detail too many. JMOO

all of these rights that this tier 3 RSO is getting have been tough for me to swallow, but i've accepted it for what it is - to protect someone who MAY be innocent. of course i don't think that's the case here, but it does happen.

what I CAN'T accept is if he ever let on to his attys that he did this, yet they aren't required to or don't speak up?? that has nothing to do with protecting someone who may be innocent. in no way does it ensure justice. so what is that about??!!

how often does the accused spill to their attys, and how is this usually handled? i want to puke when i envision him in meetings with them just spewing all his BS! i would LOVE to know what doga, lejuene, and brown think at this point.

i do not think he will tell them the truth. but do criminal defense attys TRY to get it out of their clients or do they just sit around NOT WANTING to hear the truth. to me it would be easier to defend someone if you did know the truth, so that you could think up BS to counteract that truth that will be thrown at you in trial.

Ok I have to say this. This part simply makes no sense to me. It seems like one detail too many. JMOO

It would point to places that she and other victims might "hangout" that "meat eaters" might not care to go.
If BSL has a "type" he seeks out, Vegan might be part of it.

It would point to places that she and other victims might "hangout" that "meat eaters" might not care to go.

What bearing could that have on this particular case? No disrespect meant...You might be seeing something I'm not.

all of these rights that this tier 3 RSO is getting have been tough for me to swallow, but i've accepted it for what it is - to protect someone who MAY be innocent. of course i don't think that's the case here, but it does happen.

what I CAN'T accept is if he ever let on to his attys that he did this, yet they aren't required to or don't speak up?? that has nothing to do with protecting someone who may be innocent. in no way does it ensure justice. so what is that about??!!

how often does the accused spill to their attys, and how is this usually handled? i want to puke when i envision him in meetings with them just spewing all his BS! i would LOVE to know what doga, lejuene, and brown think at this point.

i do not think he will tell them the truth. but do criminal defense attys TRY to get it out of their clients or do they just sit around NOT WANTING to hear the truth. to me it would be easier to defend someone if you did know the truth, so that you could think up BS to counteract that truth that will be thrown at you in trial.

BBM...unless I am terribly wrong, an attorney CANT speak up even if his client admits guilt. It would be a violation of attorney-client priviledge. JMO

I'm not sure what you mean in your post about defense lawyers. Are you saying that they should be required to disclose any inculpatory or incriminating information that they receive from their client to the prosecution?

It would be very time consuming for him to hang around restaurants or grocery stores stalking customers to see if they were vegans.
His type seems to be petite young or young looking women who are pretty.

A serial killer who preys only on vegans? Interesting.

Yes much like anyone looking for a different type of person. I see what you are saying. Love how you think out of the box!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back