LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cluciano, I find my own thoughts mirroring yours. I think BSL spent many nights just driving around, looking. Unfortunately, this time he spotted Mickey and circled her until he found the right time and place. I do think he got more of a fight than he anticipated and Mickey hurt him. At that time, he has to get rid of the big pieces of evidence and jumped on I10 and went straight to Whiskey Bay where he dumped the bike. Personally, I have the same feeling Tim Miller has, that he also dumped Mickey in the basin there somewhere as well. I think he then jumped on State Route 975 and took that up to 190 and back home. At that point, if he did keep any "trophies", he hid those, he tried to take care of his injuries, but realized that they needed medical attention but knew he couldn't go anywhere locally. He then has the long drive to New Orleans to come up with his "mugging" story. After giving LE a statement there, he probably went away feeling fairly confident he covered his tracks. He got rid of major evidence, he confronted LE with no major problems and up to this time, there was no news of a missing Mickey. That probably changed a short time later. He probably got interviewed by LE, as an RSO, and pictures of the DWT were released, sending him into a moment of panic where he decides to burn his DWT. Of course that is all just my opinion and only time will tell.

BBM....
Reedus23, your post seems logical to me and I concur that your proposed scenario is very possible. I am on the fence about whether BSL put MS at Whiskey Bay along with the bike; or chose another spot. I hope and believe that her actions took him off guard and he may have altered his "plan" (a plan he had thought out).

BBM part: This route (10 to WB and then up to 190 via SR975; and on to his house) is very likely. I Googled and zoomed to get a closer look at the area. Unfortunately there is a lot land and water on that route. I wish they could somehow search that entire route - including little side drives and pig paths.
Thanks for your post.

Pleeeeeeeze, let this weekend be the time MS will be located. :please:

Way to go on the searches! So where do you think they should search next? closer to Swords or closer to Whiskey Bay?

I would like to know if the land fills have been searched, just as someone stated she could be in a 55 gallon drum, a body could certainly fit in one of those big blue trash cans also. With the automated trucks no one has to lift the can into the truck, therefore no one would notice the extra weight. Some people around my house never move their trash cans from the road they just leave them there and add trash bags to them. If the body was not disposed of in Lafayette, then it would have to be somewhere just North of the city.
moo

It would point to places that she and other victims might "hangout" that "meat eaters" might not care to go.
If BSL has a "type" he seeks out, Vegan might be part of it.

Just to make sure I am following here so would this be his idea of "clean", "pure", "wholesome".

It hit a nerve when I think back on first lady. Just want to make sure I am following your line of thinking here.

:wagon:

Could you start with you best guesses of a road or a field? If you were hiding a body and you were wounded as BSL was, where would you hide it?

My first thought would be the old Canal Refinery ... its right on the outside of CP going to Lawtel & Swords... Also in that same area are to large Pits that are out in the fields and are very isolated

Jessica Lunsford's abductor had her in the bedroom of his trailer, and there were several of his family members living there at the time. Often, loved ones will turn a blind eye. I'm not saying this is what happened with Mickey, but it does go to show the risks these sicko's are willing to take to feed their obsessions. I think It's possible he had her at his place for a period of time...
All jmo.
You beat me to the punch. I don't know if I'd call Couey's relatives "loved ones", but that's beside the point. Not only were people living in the mobile home, it was right across a narrow street from Jessica's own house where her father and grandparents lived. Jessie was still alive when news crews filled the block and her dad called out her name. So yes, deranged killers will take great risks to satisfy their urgings.

In BSL's case, he lived alone. He might have told his gf and family that he wasn't feeling so well, or that he was tired. Just wanted to be alone. I don't think he'd have a problem coming up with an excuse to put off company for a couple of days. I suspect people around him were used to staying out of his way when he didn't want to be bothered. Also, the way the house is situated on that rural property, from inside the house one could hear a car driving up and still have enough time to conceal a hostage inside. I pray it didn't happen that way, but it's a possibility. JMO

BBM...unless I am terribly wrong, an attorney CANT speak up even if his client admits guilt. It would be a violation of attorney-client priviledge. JMO

Right, and that's something I am having trouble with. What's the point of that? If the Justice system is about justice, where's the justice in that? It's something that i've never really thought about much, honestly. It makes a trial more of a "game" than truly seeking Justice. I'm sure that I'm not thinking this through and am missing something. I'm hoping that some of you wiser folk can explain why this is so.

Two high profile cases ADA Keith Stutes has successfully prosecuted are linked below:

Richard J. Smith was a doctor who injected his mistress with HIV and Heatitis C.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_J._Schmidt

The Southside Rapist went undetected for years. Turned out to be a Lafayette Sheriff Deputy.

http://books.google.com/books?id=mG...=onepage&q="randy comeaux" and rapist&f=false

i read about the doctor mistress one earlier today on a different website. it was very interesting.

For the few people who brought up the truck found in the hotel parking lot in TX again, that truck was an 03 GMC Sierra. Not registered to BSL. It was registered to someone in Wisner, LA. Not stolen either. The owner always parked it there to go off shore. Confirmed with the Sheriff's office out there who knew the driver and even had a couple relatives in LE.

BSL's new truck was a 2009 Chevy Silverado and the registration date was 6/13

I'm not sure what you mean in your post about defense lawyers. Are you saying that they should be required to disclose any inculpatory or incriminating information that they receive from their client to the prosecution?

no. a confession. suppose the client confesses to their attorney. I don't think the attorney can "tell". Right? I have a problem with that because I don't see how it promotes Justice. I'm also wondering how these meetings go down between the defense attorneys and their clients. DO they try to get the truth from their client?

For example, you have a child that egged the neighbors house. You want to convince the neighbor your child is innocent and your child has not confessed to you, but deep down you know your child did it. Do you try to get the child to confess or do you just let him lie to you and tell you stories of how and why it couldn't have been him? As ridiculous as these stories are, you just sit there and eat the BS?

I'm trying to figure that out too. I'm just curious how these meeting go down between the accused and their attorneys.

For the few people who brought up the truck found in the hotel parking lot in TX again, that truck was an 03 GMC Sierra. Not registered to BSL. It was registered to someone in Wisner, LA. Not stolen either. The owner always parked it there to go off shore. Confirmed with the Sheriff's office out there who knew the driver and even had a couple relatives in LE.

Hi ACI. good to see ya! :seeya:

My first thought would be the old Canal Refinery ... its right on the outside of CP going to Lawtel & Swords... Also in that same area are to large Pits that are out in the fields and are very isolated

what are these "pits" that you speak of? i saw that in your first post, and wasn't sure what you meant? Just a big hole in the ground? Man made?

Hey ACI! Good to see you and kudos for helping on another case :)

Right, and that's something I am having trouble with. What's the point of that? If the Justice system is about justice, where's the justice in that? It's something that i've never really thought about much, honestly. It makes a trial more of a "game" than truly seeking Justice. I'm sure that I'm not thinking this through and am missing something. I'm hoping that some of you wiser folk can explain why this is so.

While I believe an attorney could probably defend his client better if he knew whether or not he is guilty, it wouldnt be a necessity to know. My guess is that many attorneys may not want to know that they are defending a guilty person, especially in a heinous act, and therefore, may not ask. JMO

what are these "pits" that you speak of? i saw that in your first post, and wasn't sure what you meant? Just a big hole in the ground? Man made?

If you look at Ebey Street in CP as it goes out of CP going toward Lawtel. Ebey turns into Highway 178. When they built the highway the made several large pits that are extremely deep. You can actually see them on Google maps, at the first big curve to the right. On the other side is the old Canal Refinery.

BBM....
Reedus23, your post seems logical to me and I concur that your proposed scenario is very possible. I am on the fence about whether BSL put MS at Whiskey Bay along with the bike; or chose another spot. I hope and believe that her actions took him off guard and he may have altered his "plan" (a plan he had thought out).

BBM part: This route (10 to WB and then up to 190 via SR975; and on to his house) is very likely. I Googled and zoomed to get a closer look at the area. Unfortunately there is a lot land and water on that route. I wish they could somehow search that entire route - including little side drives and pig paths.
Thanks for your post.

Pleeeeeeeze, let this weekend be the time MS will be located. :please:

Seems to me that he scattered every bit of evidence about the crime(s) in different areas. The bike, his injuries, the hospitals, the theft, the burnt truck, etc. I do not think we will find Mickey by any of these places.

Do you know if his new truck had his old truck's license plate on it?

That, I don't know. It had it's own plate issued. But whether he had it on or not, I don't know. The original truck was a 2011 crew, and the new one was a 2009 crew. So they look a tad different. I don't think changing the plates would've been a clever cover. I mean he reported it stolen, went to dealerships and all that anyway. He would've been better off sticking with that story than if he tried to pass the new one off as the same truck. So I don't think he would've kept the old plate on the new one.

Thinking out loud here....wondering if BL MO is that he wants time with his victims, therefore in a house.....Maybe empty house or trailer near him, someone he heard were going away for a time. Any house fires the MS went missing the day after anywhere from LA to TX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member