The Theater and the Shooting

I'm just saying that I'm quite interested to see the evidence, especially the theatre security camera aimed on his car because frankly while I have no doubt he did it, some things just don't add up. At this point I haven't ruled out an accomplice.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 2

I agree, something seems strange. No conspiracy or anything like that, but maybe there was an accomplice that was not caught.

The lack of footage is strange as well.

do you have a link?
i was going by youtube postings of scanner activity.

I am happy to provide the link, I'm writing this from the stairmaster sui the gym but will get it for you in an hour or two

I agree, something seems strange. No conspiracy or anything like that, but maybe there was an accomplice that was not caught.

The lack of footage is strange as well.

Police say they believe there was no accomplice. And they are privy to a lot more evidence than we are.

Police say they believe there was no accomplice. And they are privy to a lot more evidence than we are.

we know you've posted that exact line whenever anyone has brought up a question

we know you've posted that exact line whenever anyone has brought up a question

Well do you have an explanation as to why police would say there is no accomplice?

Well do you have an explanation as to why police would say there is no accomplice?

if they're investigating that potential they certainly would never say it publicly because they wouldn't want to top off that person(s). It's a slim possibly but certainly a possibility he had an accomplice given the plethora of unanswered questions

Great questions Hastingschi.
I'm thinking maybe mass confusion going on.

I'm wondering about his car that was parked out the backdoor. The map that was posted of the outside parking lot......holy cow, that's a huge parking lot. I'm wondering if he didn't go ahead and park by the back door when he got to the theater and just walk around the the enterance? When he got his phone call "maybe" and walked out the exit....he would have only had to go a short distance to get all his stuff. Witnesses were saying he was only gone for a few minutes....the most, maybe 5.

He had to park there from the very beginning and never moved his car from that spot.

Also, I wonder if there is a door between theater 8 and 9 on the inside?????

I sure wish I could find a diagram or drawing/ picture of the inside.
The shooter was NOT initially parked out back of theater 9.. It was reported that The shooter actually had iinitially parked out front of the cinema and entered through its front door purchasing a ticket to midnight showing in theater 9..he sat amongst those he knew that in a few short minutes would be at minimum filled with terror. .fear ..and pain and at most would be dead at his hands.. the witness next to him said that AFTER THE PREVIEWS were over and right as the actual movie began to play tthat the shooter gets out of his seat appearing as tho he was going to take a call from his cell at which time many notice that he strangely chose to leave out the emergency exit to the right of the screen..

it isn't stated as such but imo he obviously kept the emergency exit from fully closing.. it was reported that at the time he exited out of the door to the right of the stage that he then walks around to the front parking of the theater to his car. He gets into his car and drives it around the back of the theater and parked it outside the emergency exit of theater number 9 ..he dons all of his tactical body gear and gas mask. .grabs the assault rifle with atleast one 100 round drum cartridge. .a remington 12 gauge shotgun.. with shells.. and he takes 1 of the glock handguns from the car along with multiple clips of ammo for it..

He then enters back into the theater thru the emergency exit to the right of the screen and upon entering he immediately throws 2 grenades(atleast one grenade emitted tear gas) ..as the smoke and gas began to fill through the first few rows he fires one initial shot into the air.. after this he begins to descend into his madness of murder first using the 12 gauge shotgun.. witnesses say he continues to pump and reload shells into it over and over until at some ppoint he begins firing the assault rifle...not certain how many rounds he got off before the assault rifle jammed.. at which point he was forced to them continue shooting with the glock handgun..

IMO his reason for initially parking up front was for the simple fact that out back of the theater I believe he worried his car might bring attention to it being parked where it shouldn't.. thereby possibly interfering or thwarting his plan.. I believe that's exactly why he didn't drive the car around back til the last moments prior to re entering the theater...

the timeline outlined by SmoothOperator above gels with
all of the info i've seen, excellent synopses by SO.

Smooth....where did you find that information? The only reason i am asking...that parking lot is HUGE. If he parked in front and took off out the exit.....he really would have had to run, change into all his gear, and move his car. That would take quite a bit of time.

Now, if he parked where his car was at....at the exit....why would anybody notice it? Especially if it had been there for hours. There are parking slots all over on that side....so people must park their cars their on busy nights. In those pictures I posted....you can see the yellow outlines of the parking slots.

He could have had all his equipment in the trunk. Parked by the exit. Walk around to the front entrance. Took his seat. Then took his call out the exit. Then he would have to put on all that equipment he was wearing.walked back in. Easy access to walk out.

Not saying you are wrong

Smooth....where did you find that information? The only reason i am asking...that parking lot is HUGE. If he parked in front and took off out the exit.....he really would have had to run, change into all his gear, and move his car. That would take quite a bit of time.

conflicting times i've heard were between 20-40 minutes into the movie
bad things happened. plenty of time from opening credits.

if they're investigating that potential they certainly would never say it publicly because they wouldn't want to top off that person(s).

I was also wondering this. Maybe the police know there's 1 or more accomplices but they don't want to tip off the person (people). With the heavy-handed gag orders (is this typical? Really seems like they are really keeping everything under wraps. Maybe I'm just spoiled from the Florida sunshine laws as in the Casey Anthony/Zimmerman cases). Also, not cooperating with police, if that is the case, on JH's part could be because he's protecting others. Or maybe he gave up the package to the psychiatrist BECAUSE it implicates others.

Also, just taking notice of the fact that the pictures of the parking lot are all in daylight. Does this mean that was the scene the next morning? I realize they probably taped it off, but still with the ambulences/EMTs/wounded walking around for most of the night, stuff could have gotten disturbed. I saw that one eye-witness said they were not allowed to go to their cars for quite awhile.

One LAST thought ...about the car. Does anyone know the parking patterns there? Do you think that back parking lot would have been that empty on a night that the theaters were at or near full capacity that JH would be guaranteed such a prime spot? Maybe he actually parked there quite early.

if they're investigating that potential they certainly would never say it publicly because they wouldn't want to top off that person(s). It's a slim possibly but certainly a possibility he had an accomplice given the plethora of unanswered questions

They publicly said they believe there are no accomplices. Why would they flat out lie? I don't think they would.
Especially considering the potential danger to the public if the accomplice was out and about.

They publicly said they believe there are no accomplices. Why would they flat out lie? I don't think they would.
Especially considering the potential danger to the public if the accomplice was out and about.

You realize that on the off chance that they are investigating person(s) as potential accomplices that they would definitely have this individual(s) under surveillance thus eliminating any potential threat to the public.

I must say it's somewhat refreshing to come across someone who firmly believes that law enforcement or our government would lie to it's citizens; I didn't know folks like you existed (and I mean that in a good way of respect).

One LAST thought ...about the car. Does anyone know the parking patterns there? Do you think that back parking lot would have been that empty on a night that the theaters were at or near full capacity that JH would be guaranteed such a prime spot? Maybe he actually parked there quite early.
Snipped by me.

I've been wondering the same thing about the parking situation DeadCat. Considering it was a very busy night at the theatre, I'd imagine parking might be at a premium.

I guess if we knew if at the Aurora Cineplex if it was common for folks wanting to beat the parking lot crowd to exit directly into the parking lot via the emergency exit and not go through the lobby.

Snipped by me.

I guess if we knew if at the Aurora Cineplex if it was common for folks wanting to beat the parking lot crowd to exit directly into the parking lot via the emergency exit and not go through the lobby.

I'm wondering if there's a photo of that back lot anywhere out there during a Friday or Saturday night. Even from a different night. Would show how packed it gets. Obviously the parking back there is for someone. There are lots of spots with lines. (in other words, it's not just for deliveries)

I was also wondering this. Maybe the police know there's 1 or more accomplices but they don't want to tip off the person (people). With the heavy-handed gag orders (is this typical? Really seems like they are really keeping everything under wraps. Maybe I'm just spoiled from the Florida sunshine laws as in the Casey Anthony/Zimmerman cases). Also, not cooperating with police, if that is the case, on JH's part could be because he's protecting others. Or maybe he gave up the package to the psychiatrist BECAUSE it implicates others.

Prosecution appear to laugh about the idea that he gave up the package to the psychiatrist. There is so much inaccurate information printed in the press about this case.

Does anybody know if the police were onhand before all this happened? It was a midnight movie premire. Huge crowds. I know some of our police are usually at these events to keep peace.

[video=youtube;zQspCcMQABM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQspCcMQABM&feature=related[/video]
KCNC News
Around 3:15 says that police were already there for the Premiere.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu
Back