IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)"

This is sad. I guess we have talked about everything to death and nothing left to say.

I keep popping in and out all day. I have lots of papers to do this next two weeks but I am here each day. I won't give up. I have a lot of brainstorming left in me.

I seem to remember the grandmother saying they left about 11:30 and she saw them again at 12:15ish. ?????

It's so frustrating. I just re-read a bunch of the early articles and the first one I found said the girls left at 12:30. Then once the surveillance camera video was released it showed 12:15, and the next story said they were seen leaving for their bike ride at about 11:30... so it seemed to me like she hadn't seen the girls for awhile and wasn't exactly sure. The next one said that the Grandmother last saw them at about 12:15. Did she SEE them or did she think that was probably them on the camera? I don't read anything into it other than uncertainty, I think everyone's just upset and confused and I have no doubt some of it's fuzzy reporting, but it sure makes it hard to narrow down when something might've happened.

The threads/posts are all linked on the first post of this thread if you want to go bang your head against a wall like I just did. :( So sad they're not home yet.

I keep popping in and out all day. I have lots of papers to do this next two weeks but I am here each day. I won't give up. I have a lot of brainstorming left in me.

I still pop in a few times a day but just cant think of anything that hasnt already been said.
Have alternative theories been gone over,like maybe the times are wrong,that it isnt the girls in the video etc?.
Although it makes me sick to think it,i really dont think the girls are alive(im usually always wrong so fingers crossed),theres been so much time passed and i think if LE thought they were being held somewhere alive more would have been said.

Yea no doubt it sucks to get up & see the thread at a stand still. imo
I'll just pray that someone finds the cahones or the wisdom to call the tip line and help find these 2 beautiful humans!

My new theory is a gun was involved. The girls are riding, a man steps out of the gate with a gun. The girls stop right where they are, lay down the bikes and follow him to the woods.

I still can't get the idea out of my head that they had to have either gone with someone they knew OR there were people who held their hands over their mouths.

I just can't believe that if it were an abduction that neither girls wouldn't have screamed or started crying or SOMETHING that would have made noise. ESPECIALLY if TG did come riding by right about that time. I don't think that even if there was a knife or a gun that those girls (as terrified as they had to be) would have been completely silent.

However, if the people who were coming by had in earbuds or something the crying or even screaming wouldn't have made a difference in the world...:(

But wouldn't you think that if someone came by on the trail that at least ONE of the girls, if not both would have kicked, screamed, SOMETHING that would have drawn attention? Maybe wishful thinking...

In the surveillence video of the girls riding their bikes, has anyone noticed what looks like a person standing beside the middle house?

I still can't get the idea out of my head that they had to have either gone with someone they knew OR there were people who held their hands over their mouths.

I just can't believe that if it were an abduction that neither girls wouldn't have screamed or started crying or SOMETHING that would have made noise. ESPECIALLY if TG did come riding by right about that time. I don't think that even if there was a knife or a gun that those girls (as terrified as they had to be) would have been completely silent.

However, if the people who were coming by had in earbuds or something the crying or even screaming wouldn't have made a difference in the world...:(

But wouldn't you think that if someone came by on the trail that at least ONE of the girls, if not both would have kicked, screamed, SOMETHING that would have drawn attention? Maybe wishful thinking...

I think we would all like to think that would happen but sadly time after time when children are abducted they did not kick, scream or fight back. We have to remember this is a 8 year old and a 10 year old. I think they would just freeze terrified if the person before them was an ugly menacing adult who may have threatened either of them if they both didnt comply to their demands.:(

They wouldn't of made a sound if the person was a familiar face also.

New article (from late last night) with statistics on abducted children.
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20120813/NEWS01/308130021/1019/SPORTS08/?odyssey=nav|head
"The sense of urgency grows with each day that passes.

“We face the same realities everyone does in these cases, and those hopes do begin to fade, but we find missing children days, weeks, months and even years after they’ve gone missing and reunite them with their families,” Lowery said.

FBI spokeswoman Sandy Breault said officials have leads that make them believe the girls are still alive, and investigators continue to pursue any tip they can get their hands on.

“Some of them lead to different things and some don’t,” she said.

Breault would not elaborate on the kind of information authorities have received, nor would she say whether evidence processed at the DCI crime lab has yielded anything valuable to the case"

New article (from late last night) with statistics on abducted children.
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20120813/NEWS01/308130021/1019/SPORTS08/?odyssey=nav|head
"The sense of urgency grows with each day that passes.

“We face the same realities everyone does in these cases, and those hopes do begin to fade, but we find missing children days, weeks, months and even years after they’ve gone missing and reunite them with their families,” Lowery said.

FBI spokeswoman Sandy Breault said officials have leads that make them believe the girls are still alive, and investigators continue to pursue any tip they can get their hands on.

“Some of them lead to different things and some don’t,” she said.

Breault would not elaborate on the kind of information authorities have received, nor would she say whether evidence processed at the DCI crime lab has yielded anything valuable to the case"

BBM

Unfortunately I think most of those cases she is talking about is where one non custodial parent had the child and were finally found and returned to the rightful parent.

Cases like Jacee and Elizabeth Smart's are still extremely rare.

If the kidnapper is a stranger it is more likely the children were killed shortly after being kidnapped so Marc Klass says.

IMO

I'd still like to know where cameras 1-5 are around that business. Or are there more than 6. ??

I wonder if the business has other cameras inside the store to control shoplifting, etc. If so, could one of them be facing the front window where outside activity could be viewed in the background?

Got kicked off the fb page for complaining about their gossiping over the content of facebook pages of minors in the family. They show no respect or boundaries over there. Stalkers by any other name ....

I think we would all like to think that would happen but sadly time after time when children are abducted they did not kick, scream or fight back. We have to remember this is a 8 year old and a 10 year old. I think they would just freeze terrified if the person before them was an ugly menacing adult who may have threatened either of them if they both didnt comply to their demands.:(

Sometimes a person can be so frightened they are unable to scream.

Or maybe one or both of them did cry out, but not too loudly... and no one heard them. Or if someone did hear a short scream, and didn't see anything, they just put it down to kids playing and yelling. People tend to ignore things if their minds are preoccupied.

Sex offender info. for the area.
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20120813/NEWS01/308130022/1019/SPORTS08/?odyssey=nav|head
"One percent of Iowa’s registered sex offenders are missing — a source of pride for Iowa law enforcement officials because that’s a low rate by national standards.

Still, when crimes occur such as the abduction of two Iowa cousins, numbers like the 52 unaccounted-for sex offenders in the state loom large.

The public was quick to raise questions about whether a sex offender was involved in the girls’ disappearance.

Authorities wondered the same thing"

Scary....
"About 95 percent of sex crimes are committed by first-time offenders, Jeglic said"

Alabama Amber alert -- kidnap vehicle a full-sized white van

http://www.annistonstar.com/view/fu...ed-for-Anniston-5-year-old?instance=news_lead
Police have issued an Amber Alert for a 5-year-old boy believed to be abducted from a yard near his west Anniston home. Investigators are searching for Michiri Zaquae Dabney after his mother called authorities to say her son had been kidnapped, Lt. Fred Forsythe said.

*****​

Someone snatched this little boy out of his own front yard in broad daylight. And, left a 9 year old witness.​

-- Good news -- MSM is reporting he's been found safe.
http://www.waaytv.com/news/local/st...e-Dabney-Anniston/V4ej1fkN0E6XGDMESniFxQ.cspx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingi