IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the surveillence video of the girls riding their bikes, has anyone noticed what looks like a person standing beside the middle house?
I don't remember how many threads back it was, but there has been significant discussion over what may or may not be a person watching the girls in the surveillance video. The final assessment was "your mileage may vary".

So glad the little cutie was found and is safe, but would be nice if there were a few more details about how he was found, especially without having captured the abductor.

Sooooo happy to hear this!! Of course, the headline said he was located but the story underneath doesn't say anything about how he was located, where, who the kidnapper is, etc. Going to go and look for some info ...'

Here's the story ... http://www.annistonstar.com/bookmark/19788255-Police-Missing-boy-found

I was hoping it was a family-related incident. So glad police were quick to figure it all out!

An email was sent to Grimes/Dallas Center and surrounding residents giving a fairly detailed physical description and vehicle description of the man seen watching children and possibly the same one who approached to two boys in Grimes, IA.

I don't remember how many threads back it was, but there has been significant discussion over what may or may not be a person watching the girls in the surveillance video. The final assessment was "your mileage may vary".

I don't see anything that looks like a person ... I see something that looks like a lamppost. I could be wrong. But even if it is a person, how can anyone tell whether they're watching the girls? He/she might be outside on the phone or smoking a cigarette or just walking out to leave.

Not sure if this article has been posted, but leads me IMO to believe that this was a fairly recent statement by the FBI and not one from before:

http://www.kcci.com/news/central-io...live/-/9357080/16086076/-/ybjqxy/-/index.html

"It's not our judgment on you we're not judging you,” Heather said, “We forgave you, God forgave you - we just want them back."

And, hopefully, they get them back soon and the person who did this spends a long time in jail being abused by his/her cellmate. Just saying.

Can you get dna from urine?

From a quick search on the net, it looks like urine does not contain DNA, however it may contain epithelial cells, which do contain DNA ... but most healthy people do not excrete epithelial cells in their urine.

Please forgive me for my off-topic question but will there be a thread for this little one (God willing he's found before someone answers this post)? What determines when a thread is opened? Thank you for any responses.

FOUND SAFE AND SOUND. :great:

Ok, this may be far fetched thinking here...but is it possible there is some sort of underground group or "ring" where parents pay people to "abduct" their own kids in an attempt to get the kids from the custodial parent?

I just think with this rash of "vans" that are associated with these abductions it makes it very easy to be lost in the mix of real vs. staged kidnappings.

It just made me wonder if this isn't a new way for parents who want their kids but don't have custody to get them! Make it appear as if they were abducted by the white van when in reality they are with a family memeber.:waitasec:

I used to think that LE had a handle on this case, and were just keeping things close to the vest. But lately I have been feeling like they really have no clue about what happened.

I think they were leaning towards the family and Dan's trial situation being the key to this case initially. But that did not seem to pan out. Was that all just a coincidence that he was in court the day before his daughter was kidnapped? Maybe.

Ok, this may be far fetched thinking here...but is it possible there is some sort of underground group or "ring" where parents pay people to "abduct" their own kids in an attempt to get the kids from the custodial parent?

I just think with this rash of "vans" that are associated with these abductions it makes it very easy to be lost in the mix of real vs. staged kidnappings.

It just made me wonder if this isn't a new way for parents who want their kids but don't have custody to get them! Make it appear as if they were abducted by the white van when in reality they are with a family memeber.:waitasec:

No. Not to mention the fact that white vans are not the only vehicles used in these abduction attempts.

What I would like to know is how many attempts are made by a perp before he is successful(on average).

I think we would all like to think that would happen but sadly time after time when children are abducted they did not kick, scream or fight back. We have to remember this is a 8 year old and a 10 year old. I think they would just freeze terrified if the person before them was an ugly menacing adult who may have threatened either of them if they both didnt comply to their demands.:(

My son, throughout his life, has had the unfortunate stress/shock response of completely collapsing. It's quite funny to see, as he simply melts into the ground, but it's probably the worst stress response anyone could have.

Ironic that there might be a better chance of being kept alive if abducted by a sex offender..
http://www.keepyourchildsafe.org/abduction-murder.asp
" Most murdered children are not killed by pedophiles or sex-offenders, but by physical abusers, drug addicts, drug dealers, alcoholics, sadists (those who kill for thrill), and lain old otherwise ordinary people.

7. For every successful stranger abduction, there are many more failed attempts. It's hard to know the exact number, as many cases are disregarded by parents and never reported, and record keeping is spotty at best. But based on our own monitoring of news reports, we would estimate around 20 failed attempts for every successful abduction. So while only around 100 children are kidnapped and murdered each year (most by friends and family), countless others are tested! Make sure your child is prepared.

8. Women are the culprits in 68% of all child abduction cases worldwide."

My son, throughout his life, has had the unfortunate stress/shock response of completely collapsing. It's quite funny to see, as he simply melts into the ground, but it's probably the worst stress response anyone could have.
Nah, he just needs to move to Grizzly country. He'll be all set to play dead. ;)

No. Not to mention the fact that white vans are not the only vehicles used in these abduction attempts.

What I would like to know is how many attempts are made by a perp before he is successful(on average).

I guess maybe I wasn't as clear what I meant regarding the vehicle. The mode of transportatation really would be irrelevent. Just the rash of abductions I guess makes me wonder how many of these who appear to be random really may not be, but could be paid by family members?

If the statistics are correct that the number of abductions by complete strangers is truly as low as they make it out to be, then this summers #'s alone are going to blow that right out of the water.

As far as no one hearing the girls scream, I've had a few thoughts.

What is the noise level like there on the trail? It's close to the hwy and there was road construction going on. Is it possible that they did scream but just nobody was able to hear them?

My other thought is that a gun was used and the abduction was very fast. I think initial shock coupled with something that happened very fast could have prevented the girls from screaming.

And of course, there is the possibility that they were lured away.

MOO

ETA--I thought this was interesting. . regarding my tin foil hat theory.

http://www.kcci.com/news/politics/O...ur/-/9356970/16085882/-/159kvmyz/-/index.html

I am still leaning towards some kind of ring from outside the area moving in for awhile, finding and grooming several possible targets, and then grabbing one when the opportunity presents itself.

It just doesn't sit well with me that a long term resident of the area (pedo or not) would suddenly come out of the woodwork, grab the girls, causing them to seemingly vanish into thin air, and then go back under his rock, completely undetected. Practice makes perfect, no?

I think the bikes were staged. Or if not staged, the girls were taken at the lake so they would disappear at the lake. I think whoever took the girls had a pretty good idea that LE would follow the evidence. And the evidence amounted to a great big arrow pointing at the lake. I think this was done to buy some time, even a little. Even if the girls didn't stay in the area long, I think the ring would have needed time to pack up and move out.

I think that while the FBI knows enough to believe the girls are alive, they don't know who took the girls or where they are now. I think the ring was in the area long enough to possibly get to know some locals, who might have unwittingly provided direct/indirect assistance in the abduction. Perhaps something as simple as, "hey Joe, let me borrow your van for a day," and, "you bet, let me get the keys."

I wish this case could be neatly cut down by Occam's Razor. But I don't think the simplest set of events can account for everything I know about this case.

Reposting cctv, bike video, maybe I am imagining things, but this one seems clearer than the others. Also thinking again about these particular words from LE concerning the clip.

"The girls were less than a block from the house when this camera captured them riding by, important to note they were riding away from Meyers Lake."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/25/missing-iowa-cousins-video_n_1702822.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Protocol136