New Developments and General Discussion, 08/10/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.theind.com/news/11195-will-lavergne-take-the-stand-friday
"Sources close to the investigation who asked not to be identified tell The Independent it is the registered sex offender himself Stutes wants to put on the stand. The prosecution and defense teams have been very tight-lipped about the case, neither denying nor confirming the plea agreement. The only way Lavergne would take the stand — he is expected to confess to killing Shunick — is if an agreement has been reached, but it would still be an unusual occurrence."

According to court records, subpoenas were served to Lavergne’s defense team, Burleigh Doga and Clay Lejeune, lead prosecutor Keith Stutes and Brandon Scott Lavergne was served twice. It’s unclear why Lavergne was served twice. Another attorney by the name of Elliot Thomas Brown was subpoenaed who appears to also be a public defender. It’s unclear why Brown was subpoenaed.

That's from BIA, even though it's not considered "main stream," it is according to court records so I'm good with it.

(snipped from above article)

It remains a mystery whose testimony the state is seeking Friday at 10 a.m. — so much so that at least one local defense attorney is perplexed by the move itself — as the only summons issued by the court are for Lavergne, Stutes and Lavergne’s attorneys. The state could call another witness, but that’s not what appears to be going on here.

(photo-BS Lavergne)
Registered sex offender Brandon Scott Lavergne is expected to take the witness stand Friday morning, according to sources close to the investigation of the Shunick murder. Lavergne was indicted in July for kidnapping and killing the UL student in May.

“They used the language perpetuation of testimony, and that means under oath and testifying from the stand,” says longtime Lafayette criminal defense attorney William Goode, who is not involved in the Shunick and Pate cases.

When a judge is asked to approve a plea agreement, the defendant does not typically take the stand..

“It’s very curious. It really is,” Goode adds. “The whole motion that they filed is just kind of different.”

It’s also rather uncommon that neither side is willing to confirm whether an agreement was struck. “This is just speculation, but maybe there are some aspects of this case involving other possible victims. I just don’t know,” Goode says. “I don’t know the intricacies of what’s going on behind the scenes.”

Read more-

"Imo, this case is an anomaly and has been since 05/19/2012".. Due to Mickey's courageous fight, truth & justice will eventually prevail!

Fasten your seat belts folks...

According to court records, subpoenas were served to Lavergne’s defense team, Burleigh Doga and Clay Lejeune, lead prosecutor Keith Stutes and Brandon Scott Lavergne was served twice. It’s unclear why Lavergne was served twice. Another attorney by the name of Elliot Thomas Brown was subpoenaed who appears to also be a public defender. It’s unclear why Brown was subpoenaed.

That's from BIA, even though it's not considered "main stream," it is according to court records so I'm good with it.

RE: Brandon Scott Lavergne was served twice;

Mickey Shunick
Lisa Pate

:dj: MOD ANNOUNCEMENT

A new thread will be added tomorrow to discuss the hearing. I'll post the link later for members who want to bookmark it, but it will be locked for posting until right before the hearing begins.

:tyou:

The first forested/wooded area on the left contains Pinesclair. There is a road that runs down to the graves, a very short distance. This is the road with the stop sign and was marked with crime tape. Also, a little further down the hiway maybe 100 feet or so, is a second entry which parallels the first. There is not a stop sign here, and it does not go into the graveyard, but runs adjacent to the woods, mostly open fields. This was also marked with crime tape.

I believe BSL/ drove down the second one to the site where he buried Mickey. He placed her in the woods on the left. He could pull his truck up and not been seen from the road or graveyard. There is evidence of a path, not sure if police/BSL/both.
SNIP

Look at the picture and you'll see a tree in the middle of the picture, right over the flower pot. The path is to the left of the tree. It is not a well traveled path, even with the police and others going through there, it is barely visible. It takes you into the woods, and if you went straight about 15 feet, you'd run into the other road/path/open area, where I think parked his FWT.

But, you do not go straight, but turn to the left and about 25 feet over is where he buried Mickey.

IMPondering, on Google Maps, there is an indentation, if you will, in the trees about 100 feet past the main cemetery entrance. Is this where the other road goes in? And does the second road/entrance connect to the roads that go through the fields? Just trying to get the lay of the land, so to speak.

Do y'all remember on the day MS was found, that LE-PIO Mouton was speaking with various media outlets and he talked about a road that went around back of the cemetery. This seems to me what he was describing. I just thought at that time there was a not very well-traveled "loop" around the cemetery that we couldn't see because of the tree cover.

> I don't understand how they remembered a partial plate # yet didn't realize it was a Louisiana plate.

Respectfully beg to differ. (see attached) If you're witnessing a strange scene, the differences in these plates seem minor to me. My opinion only, as always.

Over and out... :eek:fftobed:

I also agree. I think it would be easy to not notice what state license plate. You want that number 1st and then the state would be secondary. The number is long enough to try to remember to get so you might not notice the state part in a split second.

I also agree. I think it would be easy to not notice what state license plate. You want that number 1st and then the state would be secondary. The number is long enough to try to remember to get so you might not notice the state part in a split second.

Texas and Louisiana License are both Blue with Black letters. Look identical with the exception of the State's name, imo..

Texas License Plate
http://www.txdmv.gov/vehicles/license_plates/general.htm

Louisiana License Plate
[ame="http://www.google.com/search?q=louisiana+license+plates&rlz=1C1RNPM_enUS399&aq=f&sugexp=chrome,mod=7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8"]louisiana license plates - Google Search[/ame]

http://www.google.com/search?q=2005...&sugexp=chrome,mod=7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 2005

I just took my dog and new puppy out in the yard, and a beautiful light yellow butterfly flew right past us and up towards the tree tops and then disappeared above the treetops into the sunlight. It was magical.

I just took my dog and new puppy out in the yard, and a beautiful light yellow butterfly flew right past us and up towards the tree tops and then disappeared above the treetops into the sunlight. It was magical.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjKqGYksuO8"]Butterfly - An Inspirational Video - YouTube[/ame]

Rest in Peace Butterfly...

Texas and Louisiana License are both Blue with Black letters,. Look identical with the exception of the State's name, imo..

Texas License Plate

Louisiana License Plate
louisiana license plates - Google Search

http://www.google.com/search?q=2005...&sugexp=chrome,mod=7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 2005

Actually, the standard Louisiana truck plates are white with dark-blue letters.

There are a few specialty plates around, but far and away most LA trucks have the white/blue one.

Now, the old Texas plate, used until maybe 3 years ago was also white with blue or black lettering.

They could be mistaken for each other by someone catching just a glimpse, though the Texas plate has a gap in the middle separating the letters, and some red accents.

Texas and Louisiana License are both Blue with Black letters. Look identical with the exception of the State's name, imo..

Texas License Plate

Louisiana License Plate

The black and white Texas plates are new, just introduced in July 2012. If you scroll down on the site, you'll see the Lone Star plate issued beginning in June 2009, and the Panoramic plate issued from 2000-2009. Those are the two you see the most. Also, Louisiana only requires plates on the backs of vehicles - no front plates. Texas requires plates front and back. IMO the differences are notable.

Hope I'm wrong. Would love to see Ali's family bring her home!

Actually, the standard Louisiana truck plates are white with dark-blue letters.

There are a few specialty plates around, but far and away most LA trucks have the white/blue one.

Now, the old Texas plate, used until maybe 3 years ago was also white with blue or black lettering.

They could be mistaken for each other by someone catching just a glimpse, though the Texas plate has a gap in the middle separating the letters, and some red accents.

Additionally, one sees a LOT of Louisiana plates in Texas on any given day anyway - they are hardly as noticeable as some other state's plate. IMO, the Texan who saw the plate and gave a partial plate number could easily not have flagged it as a "foreign" plate in their mind when seeing it, since there really are SO MANY LA plates around Texas, especially the Houston area.

Hope that helps at least one person possibly understand why perhaps that it was a LA plate was not noted by the observer.

Additionally, one sees a LOT of Louisiana plates in Texas on any given day anyway - they are hardly as noticeable as some other state's plate. IMO, the Texan who saw the plate and gave a partial plate number could easily not have flagged it as a "foreign" plate in their mind when seeing it, since there really are SO MANY LA plates around Texas, especially the Houston area.

Hope that helps at least one person possibly understand why perhaps that it was a LA plate was not noted by the observer.

LOL, thought I might get some flack for my comment on the license plates.
I meant to add that if any local wanted to correct me feel free to do so..
I was amazed that the witness could even remember the numbers. Most folks simply aren't that observant.. Glad they did, and I hope Ali's family gets some semblance of closure..I personally feel that BSL may be connected to Alis abduction due to the many parallels and coincidences..

'thanx yall for keeping me honest'...

Shared Ali's home page on my Facebook today..cause Awareness is the key & MSM & the internet is a very valuable investigative tool in missing/murdered persons cases...
http://www.alexandrialowitzer.com/index.html

Texas License Plate

Louisiana License Plate

tx-r17-wbx.jpg
texas_license+plate.jpg

tx-r17-wbx.jpg

f61e7bcf02da79508dfba478315e5f99.image.250x127.JPG

Texas issued a new plate in 2009 with more color. The one posted here would have been most common in 2010. The background of the Texas plate has a light bluish tint, and looks very different to me.

Personally, even with all of the special issue plates around, I can distininguish an out of state plate immediately, even if I'm not sure which state it's from. If the witness was not local to Texas or Lousiana, and thus unfamiliar with both state's plates, the mistake becomes easier to understand. I don't know if that's the case, however.

It sounds to me as though he will be called to testify about the murders of both women, meaning he will plead guilty to both. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa