Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Linette - I just edited my post re this. I think it is LATE afternoon, say around 4-ish. I would think that it is AFTER the body has been retrieved. And the ambos, forensics, etc would still be wearing their gloves even once the body has been retrieved and taken away. That's part of their standard operating procedures. The body would have been transferred from the fibreglass retrieval stretcher to a standard gurney and then wheeled into the back of the vehicle for removal. That may have been an ambulance (although I'm not quite sure why they'd do that) or an undertaker-type van to take the body to FSS (Forensic and Scientific Services).

Thankyou !! Yes,I saw your edited post after I'd posted. I know nothing of the procedures, so that's helpful. :)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=24711&d=1342823193
this picture here is taken at around 2.00pm in the afternoon...the sun is to the right of the bridge...maybe upstream towards the scout camp, where Kholo turns? the shadow from the sign might help to compare the shadows in the photos we have been discussing? It doesnt seem quite as long as the shadows cast by the people on the bridge...so maybe 3pm??

this picture here is taken at around 2.00pm in the afternoon...the sun is to the right of the bridge...maybe upstream towards the scout camp, where Kholo turns? the shadow from the sign might help to compare the shadows in the photos we have been discussing? It doesnt seem quite as long as the shadows cast by the people on the bridge...so maybe 3pm??

Did someone say that they didn't remove her {sounds bad} til about 5.30pm?

I was trawling through some MSM reports and found this article
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/tr...-insurance-money/story-fnat7jnn-1226405945562

It states there is no evidence GBC left his home that night.As the police took his phone does this mean he didn't take his phone with him - so maybe he took Allison's and that's why her phone has been spirited away?
I can't imagine him without a phone
Guess its really hard for him in remand :jail:

Yes - the sun is casting shadows that are pointing back towards the Brisbane (eastern) end of the bridge, at bottom left. Therefore the sun is moving down towards the west - top right. So at a guess that looks like 2-3pm at that time of the year.

EDIT: Sorry - just saw that you'd said the photo was taken about 2pm. I missed that. But the shadows would be consistent with that. And the photos of Onlyone showing the empty rescue stretcher would be 4pm or even a bit later, I would guess. But it's only an estimate, of course.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/tr...-insurance-money/story-fnat7jnn-1226405945562

It states there is no evidence GBC left his home that night.As the police took his phone does this mean he didn't take his phone with him - so maybe he took Allison's and that's why her phone has been spirited away?

I agree with you, Maigret.
That phone appeared to be an extension of his hand.
I am sure it would have been surgically removed!! It would be hard for him in jail without that appendage!

JMO

My point exactly. If the impression of Allison's body is supposedly still visible in the mud and the footprints of QPS are supposedly still visible in the mud then one would obviously conclude that the impressions of the stretcher that was placed in the mud to accommodate Allison's body would still be visible in the mud.

MOO.

The sort of mud in the creek is very similar to what we saw in the floods and what you get in mangroves for example.
It's fine and almost jelly like, but obviously holds memory for some time given the footprints that are still visible three months later.
The stretcher may not have left as much of an imprint and it would be hard to confirm without seeing the bottom of one also. The time it was on the mud with the body and the surface area would determine if it left an imprint.
You would also assume the stretcher was placed beside the body and her lifted onto it. There would be no need to try and slide the stretcher under her as I think that is only really done when there is a risk of spinal injury.

So with that said, it's very possible (IMO) that an imprint of the body is still present and the stretcher isn't.

Along this line of thinking,when they found Allison's body,the report was that they found a body with similar clothing. They did not say it looked like Allison,so my guess is that her face was not easily identifiable? Wasn't she ID'd via dental records? Just a thought.

They may have found her face down and hadn't finished the initial investigation of the area when they made that report. If so all they would have to go off was her clothes*. Just a thought.

* This is a very important fact in my opinion that GBC knew exactly what she was wearing. There is no way I would know what my wife was wearing if someone asked, even if I just saw her 5 minutes ago :floorlaugh: (in fact she just walked out to go get a haircut, and even though I saw her I didn't take note of what clothes she was wearing)

Thankyou :) So, that would mean if they were setting up in the last 2 photos it would be around midday? Do those shadows look like that time of the day?

Those shadows are being cast from the sun way off in the west about to set.

They may have found her face down and hadn't finished the initial investigation of the area when they made that report. If so all they would have to go off was her clothes*. Just a thought.

* This is a very important fact in my opinion that GBC knew exactly what she was wearing. There is no way I would know what my wife was wearing if someone asked, even if I just saw her 5 minutes ago :floorlaugh: (in fact she just walked out to go get a haircut, and even though I saw her I didn't take note of what clothes she was wearing)

Agree, if I went from brunette to blonde my husband wouldn't notice; I think it is important that he knew exactly what she was wearing.

But I don't think it could be used as evidence to convict him.

Woah!!! No evidence that he had left his home that night?? Reading the article it was hard to make out whether that was the defence saying that, or there really was no evidence of it.
Ummmm???? I did notice though that it was published on June 22nd.

There is no way I would know what my wife was wearing if someone asked, even if I just saw her 5 minutes ago :floorlaugh: (in fact she just walked out to go get a haircut, and even though I saw her I didn't take note of what clothes she was wearing)

Ahhh - my sort of bloke...! :rocker:

Yes - I agree. While my wife could tell you every detail of all the clothes in my wardrobe, I'm like most males - wouldn't have a clue about hers. And while I obviously notice what she's wearing when we go out somewhere together, there is no way I could tell you what she wears when she goes out shopping, or to the gym, or whatever. It just doesn't register.

But that's the male brain for you.... :waitasec:

Morning, have been thinking about these photos all night. The light is much better in the second & third & I wonder if they are setting up rather than packing up. It was getting later when they actually removed Allison from the scene and dark before they left. The green tent would have been used for primary examination. The ambos in blue suits are wearing gloves suggesting they are about to be doing their job. Others are looking over - perhaps deciding how to best approach. The tide looks high in the second & third & I wonder if they waited until it dropped to get better examination of surrounds before disturbing anything. Thanks again for the photos, passed over the bridge & again thanked those who placed the flowers, both sides now are a balanced & beautiful tribute.

I have just rewatched this video
http://au.news.yahoo.com/video/national/watch/29132300/body-found-in-baden-clay-search/
And I agree that first photo looks later than the other two.
There are no shadows cast when they are bringing the body up so we can only assume it was just as the sun was setting.

I originally assumed the green tent was setup to shade the investigators, but I am now guessing it was setup so the media were filming the whole procedure.

That is true. Though there would be some who do take notice, I really doubt that he was one of them. Not really the attentive type.
My hubby would be able to tell them "She was wearing jeans" but only because I always wear jeans, he wouldn't have a clue what jumper I had on.

Those shadows are being cast from the sun way off in the west about to set.

Would that mean they were all finished and ready to go within about 4 hours of arriving there? When does the sun set in april, may? 5.30? That is when she was taken out of there ) thought?

What has really struck me this morning is regarding the blood (allegedly Allison's) in the back of the Captiva being consistent with the rear seat laying flat. I've been wondering how it can be so useful considering the myriad ways that the blood could have come to be there. But is this missing the point? How many situations are there that could explain blood in the back WITH the seat folded down? Remembering it was in their possession for only 8 weeks? That should rule out a few more? Eg. "oh, Allison bumped her head and had a lie down in the back of the car..." etc, someone would remember that happening within the last couple of months.

I am sure they will blame the blood as Allison cutting her finger on something whilst putting it in the back of the car or a blood nose when getting something out of the car. What is going to matter will be the amount of blood they found I think. Given it's the family car, it will be very hard to use it as solid evidence as she is expected to be using the car. If it was someone elses car then it would be a lot more solid.

Agree, if I went from brunette to blonde my husband wouldn't notice; I think it is important that he knew exactly what she was wearing.

Yep, couldn't be used against him, but would certainly help thinking/knowing that he's full of poop!!

Would that mean they were all finished and ready to go within about 4 hours of arriving there? When does the sun set in april, may? 5.30? That is when she was taken out of there ) thought?

Sunset on 30th April was 5:17 pm

So yes - maybe those other photos were taken during the setting-up phase?

This isn't off topic... just another insight to if a man notices what his wife is wearing.
My son has said before that he never really notices what his partner is wearing unless it was one particular pair of shorts that he really HATED. THEN he would remember. So he is more likely to notice if she's wearing clothes he hates, rather then just notice her in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500