Brandon Scott Lavergne - Guilty Plea and LWOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does it make some so uncomfortable to think that maybe, just maybe this MONSTER as you say, could possible have a human emotion?!?!?!
The attorneys were under no obligation to say anything about how their client reacted. Their work was done as of last Friday. If the attorney said these things, what was his reason? Perhaps he felt it his duty.
I am just as upset over the murders of these precious souls as anyone, but honestly, I am aghast over the venom spewed over and over again. I believe this will be my third time saying these words on this forum, but Lord, there but for the grace of the Almighty God go I, or someone I love...or you, or someone you love...we need to check ourselves because the way we judge others will be the way we will be judged.

This time I don't even care if I am bashed...have at it.

MamaRoux, I'm with ya. I hope to God that he DOES feel remorse, because it will mean that he has to live with the pain of what he's done for the rest of his life!

This irritates me (that people are posting about BSL on Mickey's obituary page, not at you pugmom!)

That guest book is for MICKEY, and should not even MENTION BSL...he is NOTHING compared to the courageous, tenacious and heroic Mighty Mickey!

:what: What is wrong with people? IMO that is like going to the funeral home and leaving handwritten messages about BSL in her memorial book!:maddening:

This irritates me (that people are posting about BSL on Mickey's obituary page, not at you pugmom!)

That guest book is for MICKEY, and should not even MENTION BSL...he is NOTHING compared to the courageous, tenacious and heroic Mighty Mickey!

Totally agree. I think it's disrespectful to the family and to Mickey's memory. Her life means more than just the way it ended. From what I've read, she was a very special, strong, feisty person before this tragedy and the guestbook should be messages dedicated to her memory and not to talk about the man who took her life away.

Why does it make some so uncomfortable to think that maybe, just maybe this MONSTER as you say, could possible have a human emotion?!?!?!
The attorneys were under no obligation to say anything about how their client reacted. Their work was done as of last Friday. If the attorney said these things, what was his reason? Perhaps he felt it his duty.
I am just as upset over the murders of these precious souls as anyone, but honestly, I am aghast over the venom spewed over and over again. I believe this will be my third time saying these words on this forum, but Lord, there but for the grace of the Almighty God go I, or someone I love...or you, or someone you love...we need to check ourselves because the way we judge others will be the way we will be judged.

i'm sorry, but i never said he was a monster...i do think what he did is monstrous though, and i personally don't believe he has been upfront and honest...i hope he feels remorse for what he did, but i honestly don't care how he feels...i am SO tired of women and children being victimized so frequently, and i'm speaking as a victim...the victims are who i care about...you may think that's uncharitable, and perhaps it is...i hope for his sake that he makes his peace with god.

Perhaps our prayers were answered and he had feelings of remorse and that helped lead to the plea deal. I think, for me anyway it seems like anyone who has ever loved another person or was capable of understanding love and right and wrong, could take a life the way he did. His actions were so very evil, IMO.
I believe it is possible that he had a bit of human understanding, but not likely.

that is what is a positive outcome about this hurtful thing done to someone harmless as a dove, making those following the case think, being more aware and thinking ahead of time as to how to respond to a dangerous situation, what would you do? You are forced to kick in to survival mode, do what is necessary to survive the situation, you are fighting for your own life.
-----------------

My bold above. That is what brings me to my knees again and again in prayer.

Ironic, isn't it, that those who most understand, are those who are most damaged in life.

Mama, you are right, and when I read your words, it bothers me that as a professed Christian, I feel the way I do about BSL and any hint of sincere remorse he suddenly feels. I do hope that he sincerely is remorseful for what he did, and is not just remorseful that he will never again draw a breath as a free man. I will ask God to forgive me for the way I feel, but He knows that I am a work in progress, and He still has some more molding to do. It is not for us to judge a person, but if we are honest, at least on some level, we all do. I just call it the way I see it. JMO

As far as adam4lsu is concerned, yes, he did an amazing thing. But for as nice as y'all talk about him and the other place, they aren't as nice about us. They(him included) have said some very ugly things about WS, calling us idiots and such. I wasn't going to say anything, but I keep reading all this praise that people are heaping on him.

Has BSL confessed that his first rape victim was not consensual sex?

If not, I still won't judge him... nor will I believe he is truly remorseful.
It's all or nothing IMO.

i'm sorry, but i never said he was a monster...i do think what he did is monstrous though, and i personally don't believe he has been upfront and honest...i hope he feels remorse for what he did, but i honestly don't care how he feels...i am SO tired of women and children being victimized so frequently, and i'm speaking as a victim...the victims are who i care about...you may think that's uncharitable, and perhaps it is...i hope for his sake that he makes his peace with god.

I wasn't coming down on you in particular sm...I just used your comment to post a general comment. Sorry if I offended you...and yes, I hope he makes his peace with God also.

Oh, and I forgot. Find Mickey Shunick now fb page pm'd me and said they will be releasing a manuscript on what to do when someone goes missing.

Remorse does not work for me with BL; this is the same man who just months earlier had no qualms about knocking an innocent woman from her bike in order to satisfy his sick urges...why would another young woman, her sister, touch his heart? Also, he "forgave" his sister for being a responsible, law-abiding citizen.

More likely, he saw the laundry list of names of the people who put the pieces of the puzzle together for LE, including family members, and knew the jig was up.

this man hit Mighty Mickey on her bike...continued to drive with her in his truck.....stabbed her many times ...shot her in the head and killed her....how many of us would ever in a million years ever think of doing such a thing......this is an evil thing to do.....and i cannot feel sorry for him one little bit.

I wasn't coming down on you in particular sm...I just used your comment to post a general comment. Sorry if I offended you...and yes, I hope he makes his peace with God also.

no, you didn't offend me :) this whole situation has just effected me much more strongly that i realized it would, and my emotions are still very high...like you, i was praying that he would give the family some peace by giving the location of mickey's body, and i'm very grateful that he did...i just feel like he seems to have a history of not taking responsibility for his own actions, and that makes me suspicious of his motives...i really do hope suspicions are wrong.

Mama, you are right, and when I read your words, it bothers me that as a professed Christian, I feel the way I do about BSL and any hint of sincere remorse he suddenly feels. I do hope that he sincerely is remorseful for what he did, and is not just remorseful that he will never again draw a breath as a free man. I will ask God to forgive me for the way I feel, but He knows that I am a work in progress, and He still has some more molding to do. It is not for us to judge a person, but if we are honest, at least on some level, we all do. I just call it the way I see it. JMO

Yes SteveP, we are ALL a work in progress. God is good even when we don't understand. Please don't think that I have all of these warm fuzzy feelings about Brandon L. He's about as bad as they come...but I also know the heart of God and I know what He requires of me.
My heart breaks for the Shunick and Pate families. I am a mother. I can easily feel their pain. To lose a child is beyond comprehension, but if you are a Christian, then you know that sweet Mickey would not come back here if she could. It is those left behind who suffer. Mickey isn't suffering and she's happier than she's ever been. She is not gone, she has merely stepped beyond the vail. She is safe now. She's not the one who needs our prayers...and, she does not need our anger either. She is finally home.

Did we miss a marriage here?

When did BSL REALLY get "out"?

This is a "blog" can we even comment?

Did we miss a marriage here?

When did BSL REALLY get "out"?

This is a "blog" can we even comment?

You can comment, but it's moderated. I'm wondering if they will actually publish the comment I submitted because I basically called out the blogger for being disrespectful and not having his facts right. We shall see....

BTW, I thought the "happily married"' comment was off, too.

ETA: Now I'm thinking you were referring to whether we could comment about the blog here without violating TOS. I'll leave it to the mods.

People need stop sugar coating references to BS Lavergne. This dude "is" evil. I also have a daughter and I don't know how I would handle a similar situation. In my opinion, when there is no doubt a person is a murderer, much less a serial murderer, they need to be euthanized just like the dogs they are. Sounds harsh but the victims got much worse. In my opinion, when I saw him walking to court, you can tell he's not wrapped to tight. No excuses about his family life, he needs to be put down for the sake of other young girls. JMO

You can comment, but it's moderated. I'm wondering if they will actually publish the comment I submitted because I basically called out the blogger for being disrespectful and not having his facts right. We shall see....

I think the "Linda" was an honest mistake...
It does make me wonder how accurate the rest of the article was...

He did admit to his "time"...
hmmm...

ETA: Now I'm thinking you were referring to whether we could comment about the blog here without violating TOS. I'll leave it to the mods.

No, I meant can we discuss it here at WS?
Oh Bessie???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members