Drew Peterson's Trial *FOURTH WEEK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
interviewed at police headquarters? Then it goes on to say that they went to the Bolingbrook Police dept which is the agency that drew worked for???
I am super confused

from insession review;
In Session The sidebar ends. The witness says he and Sgt. Collins went next door to Steve Carcerano’s house, where they met Mary and Tom Pontarelli, Steve Carcerno, and Steve Maniaci. “Mary Pontarelli was visibly upset; her eyes were red and glassy…during the interview, she began to cry at times. Tom’s eyes were red and glassy, Steve Carcerano’s eyes were red and glassy…Mr. Maniaci’s eyes were again red and glassy; he teared up several times during the interview.” After these four people were interviewed, he was told by Sgt. Collins that they needed to go to the Bolingbrook Police Department to interview Drew Peterson. “I told Sgt. Collins that I didn’t think it was a good idea to interview Mr. Peterson at the police headquarters.” However, Sgt. Collins was his boss, and was in charge of the investigation. “Where did you end up going?” “To the Bolingbrook Police Department.”

In Session The sidebar ends. “Do you recall what time you began to speak with the defendant?” “Approximately 6:10 am.” “Who was present?” “Just myself, Sgt. Pat Collins, and Drew Peterson.” “Did other people come and go out of that room?” “Not during our interview…the majority of it was conducted by Sgt. Pat Collins.” “What was your role?” “To take notes, and write down what was said.” “What question did you ask the defendant?” “There was a question Sgt. Collins asked about any financial gain…I asked exactly what financial gain Mr. Peterson might get from Ms. Savio’s death. He said they had a $300,000 house that was all his now.” The witness describes the defendant as “jovial…he was joking almost with us.” “What other observations did you make about his demeanor?” Objection. The parties go to a sidebar.

In Session The sidebar ends. The interview with Peterson lasted until 7:15 am, after which he and Sgt. Collins went back to their headquarters. “Was there another interview you conducted?” “Yes, with Stacy Peterson…at her residence, the following day, March 3rd, at 3:00 pm.” “When you found out you were going to interview Stacy Peterson at her house, what if anything did you say?” “I was told by Sgt. Collins that Drew Peterson would be there during the interview, in the same room.” “Who was Stacy Peterson?” “His wife.”

interviewed at police headquarters? Then it goes on to say that they went to the Bolingbrook Police dept which is the agency that drew worked for???
I am super confused

They normally do not do that because the interviewee is TOO comfortable in their own environment.

why would they take him to Bolingbrook PD? Also, I thought that most of the interviews with Drew and Stacy were in his basement which was also a blunder of course-...a big one.
They normally do not do that because the interviewee is TOO comfortable in their own environment.

In Session The jurors are back inside the courtroom, and defense attorney Joe Lopez resumes his cross-examination of Illinois State Police Master Sergeant Bryan Falat. “In regard to the purse, you said you left it in the vehicle?” “Yes.” “Did you see Deel take a photograph of it?” “No, Sir.” “You were basically with Collins most of the time?” “Yes.” “This was your second homicide investigation?” “This was the third homicide investigation I was at.” “But it wasn’t being treated as a homicide investigation, was it?” “That’s not true…it was a death investigation, that I said might be a homicide.” “You know that it was declared an accident?” “No, I do not know that.” Objection. The prosecution asks for a sidebar.

In Session The sidebar ends. “Did you attend a coroner’s jury?” “No.” “But you subsequently learned it had been declared an accident?” Objection/Sustained. “Did you prepare any reports in this case?” “I typed two of them: Stacy Peterson, and I believe there was one other one?” “Was it the paramedic, maybe?” “I do not recall…all the reports were Sgt. Collins’ reports; a couple he asked me if I could type them up for him, because he had fallen behind.” Objection/Sustained. “Whenever you’d prepare a report, you would read it before you signed it?” “Correct…in Investigations they’d initial them.” “You didn’t make any mistakes in your reports?” “I can’t say there’s no mistakes in there.” “You took notes, didn’t you?” “I took some note, and Sgt. Collins took some notes.” “You’re trying to make these reports as accurate as possible?” “Yes.” “The report itself becomes part of the investigations?” “Yes, Sir.” “When you had this interview with Stacy, that was at the house?” “Yes.” “And you spoke to Steve Maniaci, and that was at someone’s house?” “Yes.” “And you spoke to Tom Pontarelli?” “Yes.” “At his house?” “At Steve Carcerano’s house.” “You never spoke to Nicholas Pontarelli?” “No, Sir.” “And when you went to speak to Mr. Peterson’s wife, you did that at her house?” “Yes, hers and Mr. Peterson’s house.” “Sgt. Collins was present, and Mr. Peterson was present?” “Yes.” “And someone else was present?” “That’s not true.” “Wasn’t a baby present?” “No.” “Nowhere in that report does it reflect that Sgt. Peterson was present?” “That’s true.”

The witness denies knowing anything about who placed the blue towel in the Savio bathroom. “But you never saw Sgt. Peterson in that house?” “No, Sir.” He repeats he got the call around midnight, and responded to the scene about 45 minutes later. “The paramedics and other people were outside?” “That’s right.”

"You were present for the interview with Mary Pontarelli?” “Yes.” “Did you prepare that report?” “That may have been the other one I did; I’d have to see the report.” “In the reports, how can you tell when you write the report?” “It shows who typed it.” “It has the person’s initials?” “Yes, Sir.” “If it says ‘typed by B.F..’ who would that be?” “That would be myself.” “Were other people present when you were speaking to people in the basement?” “No.” “So did you single them out one-by-one?” “Yes.” “Remember which house you went to?” “It was within proximity, next door, two houses down, three houses.” “How did you know it was Carcerano’s house?” “That’s what we were told when we got there.” The witness repeats he saw no broken windows at Savio’s house. “After you went upstairs, where did you go next?” “To the kitchen . . . I searched the kitchen, and then went to the garage or the basement next.” “What were you looking for?” “Anything . . .anything that could tell me what happened to Miss Savio . . . we found someone deceased in a bathtub with no water. So it raised my suspicions right away, Sir.”

You looked through that entire first floor living area for anything in particular?” “Anything out in the open.” “And you didn’t see anything?” “No, Sir.” He repeats that he searched the basement, but didn’t see anything.” “You looked carefully, and thoroughly?” “Until I was told to go next door by Sgt. Collins…we were only in the house for approximately half an hour.”

In Session The witness is shown a photograph. “That’s a photograph of the vehicle in Miss Savio’s garage, with the door open.” “Do you see the purse in there?” “Yes.” “Do you see Kleenex in there?” “Yes.” The photograph is then published. The witness repeats that the purse or bag was in the same position that’s seen in the photograph. “You didn’t really touch anything, other than looking inside the purse?” “That’s correct.” “Were the garage doors closed?’ “Yes.” “When you went in, was the garage door locked?” “It was unlocked.” “When you entered it, was there anybody else in the house?” “I don’t recall if there were any Bolingbrook police officers in the house.” “Was Deel up in the bathroom with you?” “Yes…he arrived shortly after we did…to process the entire house.” “Did he get there maybe ten of fifteen minutes after you did?” “I don’t even want to guess.” That ends the cross-examination of Sgt. Falat.

In Session “Her hair, there were parts of it that were dry. The back part appeared to be damp, or soaked with damp material, which I believe to be blood.” “Was Nick Pontarelli present at the Carcerano house when you went to interview the individuals?” “Yes, he was upstairs sleeping.” “Do you know where Nick Pontarelli was?” Objection/Sustained.” “Whose responsibility was it to collect anything from the residence?’ “Sgt. Deel.” “Know how many paramedics were there when you arrived?” “No.” “Know how many were there to begin with?” “No.” He repeats that the covers on Savio’s bed were drawn back, but doesn’t know how they were originally situated.

In Session Lopez begins his recross. “Wasn’t Sgt. Peterson a witness to Stacy’s statement?” “Yes.” “But you didn’t put that in your report?” “No.”

In Session The witness denies that he opened the vertical blinds in Kathleen Savio’s bedroom. “When you went through the residence, you did not have to collect evidence?’ “No, that was Sgt. Deel’s job.” “But you did point out items to Sgt. Deel, such as the juice and the condom?” “Yes.” That concludes the testimony of Sgt. Falat, and he is excused from the stand.

In Session There is a brief sidebar, after which the judge asks to the jury excused from the courtroom. Judge: “While the State is making the next witness available to Mr. Goldberg for a few minutes, we’re going to take a recess.”

In Session Judge Burmila has left the bench, and the court is in a brief recess. The next witness is going to be Dr. Vinod Motiani, one of Kathleen Savio’s personal physicians.

"sex offender" when he was only a couple years older than the girl.......Drew was 30 years older than his underage minor girlfriend with whom he was having an adulterous affair. That is repulsive IMO

LOL! Birds of a feather...

In Session There is a brief sidebar, after which the judge asks to the jury excused from the courtroom. Judge: “While the State is making the next witness available to Mr. Goldberg for a few minutes, we’re going to take a recess.”

In Session Judge Burmila has left the bench, and the court is in a brief recess. The next witness is going to be Dr. Vinod Motiani, one of Kathleen Savio’s personal physicians.

Was this a mistake??? Who is Goldberg?

In Session “You told the grand jurors that he referred to her as his ‘ex-wife’ . . . those were your words?” “Yes.” “During this conversation in the car, he never once mentioned the word ‘pension,’ did he?” “No.” “He never mentioned property settlement?” “No.” “Child support?” “No.” “Maintenance?” “No.” “You told the grand jury that he said his ex-wife had something on him?” “Yes.” “She was going to go to the police station?” “I don’t know if she was going to go there, or just call somebody.” “Didn’t you say she was going to go to the chief of police?” “No.”

:woohoo: Yes Yes!!! (Sorry, trying to do some catch up!) Didn't smart a$$ just lay out the motive for the Pt?!

INSESSION tweeted yesterday that their autocorrect keeps changing Greenburg to Goldberg.

That's funny. But isn't Greenburg with defense? Why would defense have to talk her doctor before he testifies???? Whatever happened to a few minutes? Is this an Illinois minute????

ETA: I was actually forced to do some work for a change....

That's funny. But isn't Greenburg with defense? Why would defense have to talk her doctor before he testifies???? Whatever happened to a few minutes? Is this an Illinois minute????

Maybe they just got some new info from the prosecution and need to go over it with him. I really think they all went home and just left us here.:waitasec:

Maybe they just got some new info from the prosecution and need to go over it with him. I really think they all went home and just left us here.:waitasec:

if that's true I'm surprized the Defense didn't complain about it like they usually do.

While we are on a break.....

I thought all Grand Jury testimony was sealed? From the DT questions about GJ testimony, I am confused....

Those who made the decisions to leave DP in the room should be FIRED! :furious:

I agree, at the very least FIRED, maybe even charged with tampering with witness or hindering an investigation or just plain corruption and covering up a murder!!!!:banghead:

I think we lost our support group. I would do it but have no clue where to find it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member