Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
thinking it may be time to bring out the speculation but not about motives and non tangibles but about things like what went on that evening. We have scenarios about the morning when GBC sent texts. But have we really put two thoughts together about the evening. I think he was setting the scene in the morn for what happened before the face time call - any takers? How about starting from the time he showed up at the chemist, and include picking up his sister (even if this was the nite before) and the cross country and Allison picking up the kids and ballet for maybe one of the kids? How did that work with the timing of the hair dresser..... we should be able to piece a pretty good movement diary together? Hopefully this wouldn't be contrary to the rules.

Laidan, I have a theory. Given that the police said that the girls were home that night but many people "in the know" have disputed that, maybe it all comes down to wording? I.E. maybe they were home "at some stage" but not at that horrid moment? I'm not trying to bring up the girls again, they need protecting, but just am not sure that the statement was all that clear in times? Many MSM reports have been contradictory so far. Just something I've been wondering about. IMO

Funny, I had found previous discussions about scratches a little difficult to verify by eye, but I missed this photo of the alleged perpetrator, which confirms the scratch that was so well discussed. (I might be rehashing things here or missed something said over and over, sorry)...also, looks like a face-on scratch, not from behind - you would have to be behind AND above to cause that scratch....not likely (scratch over left eye, which is on right side of photo). Again, he could not go out on search or show his face for a few days because he had facial scratches. No emotive pretence would disguise scratches. In my honest opinion only.
http://l.yimg.com/ea/img/-/120721/1...80j3m4.jpg?x=400&sig=s34p1UsM6m06v8Ayo2CBSg--

Funny, I had found previous discussions about scratches a little difficult to verify by eye, but I missed this photo of the alleged perpetrator, which confirms the scratch that was so well discussed. (I might be rehashing things here or missed something said over and over, sorry)...also, looks like a face-on scratch, not from behind - you would have to be behind AND above to cause that scratch....not likely (scratch over left eye, which is on right side of photo). Again, he could not go out on search or show his face for a few days because he had facial scratches. No emotive pretence would disguise scratches. In my honest opinion only.
http://l.yimg.com/ea/img/-/120721/1...80j3m4.jpg?x=400&sig=s34p1UsM6m06v8Ayo2CBSg--

Not sure what you're looking at there - I can't see a scratch, even with the pic blown up hugely.

But don't forget that pic is the one taken at the funeral - about 2 weeks or so after the murder, so I doubt we'd be seeing any scratches by that stage. Scars maybe, where scratches had healed up, but I can't see any in that picture, to be honest....

For those who don't like clicking on external links, here's the photo:

gerardbadenclay_800x600-180j3m4.jpg

Yes, there have been a few photos of scratches, mostly deduced by some very savvy people here. I hope that she did indeed fight for her life to leave as much evidence as possible. Personally, i have always, [jokingly] said to my husband that if i was ever attacked i would kick and scratch as much as i could to help find the killer. i would hope that it's a built in survival mechanism. IMO

So, Regret, would they have been sniffer dogs, in you opinion?

No expertise - just helped a fellow who was applying to the QPS (years ago) with his dog for 'cadaver' training. For all I know cadaver 'sniffing' may just be a subset of general sniffer training. I really have no expertise - just my trigger typing taking over. Also, going back a few posts - I wonder if a specially trained cadaver dog would be used for the cars if a corpse was only an hour or two deceased? Again, I have no expertise.

Not sure what you're looking at there - I can't see a scratch, even with the pic blown up hugely.

But don't forget that pic is the one taken at the funeral - about 2 weeks or so after the murder, so I doubt we'd be seeing any scratches by that stage. Scars maybe, where scratches had healed up, but I can't see any in that picture, to be honest....

For those who don't like clicking on external links, here's the photo:

gerardbadenclay_800x600-180j3m4.jpg

Surface scar coming from below outer corner of left eye and down in a curve. Hey doc....you have seen a lot of scars...does that ring true?

I read a story in a magazine a long time ago....goes something like..child says, 'My mum always told me to fight like a tiger if I was attacked by anyone. Well, a man broke into our house and attacked my mum and she froze and couldn't move. I pleaded with her to fight like a tiger and somehow she heard me and suddenly began to fight like a tiger'. A happy ending I believe. I've never forgotten this story.:cheerful:

No expertise - just helped a fellow who was applying to the QPS (years ago) with his dog for 'cadaver' training. For all I know cadaver 'sniffing' may just be a subset of general sniffer training. I really have no expertise - just my trigger typing taking over. Also, going back a few posts - I wonder if a specially trained cadaver dog would be used for the cars if a corpse was only an hour or two deceased? Again, I have no expertise.

yes, i also thought that it would be a little longer than a few hours. same here though, no idea really. IMO

Surface scar coming from below outer corner of left eye and down in a curve. Hey doc....you have seen a lot of scars...does that ring true?

looks like a scar to me although could also be a wrinkle since we've not seen any scabbed pictures of this?

Let's hope so but if they had wouldn't that have come out at the bail hearing?

I think there is plenty of info that the prosecution didn't include in the material submitted to the court for the bail hearing. Not too many people charged with murder get bail because of the seriousness of the charge and the likely penalty if they are convicted. So they don't need to go all out with showing all the evidence and info they may have. Just enough to convince the judge that bail should not be granted.

OK - i can see what you're looking at. It's just feasible that it may be a scarred, healed scratch, but it would have been one helluva scratch if it was. And although he was seen several times during the search phase, walking around, including by me (I live close by) I would think that a scar THAT deep and prominent would have been very noticeable.

It looks to me more like a regular skin textural variation, plus perhaps the way the light is on it.

If you look closely, you'll see his normal skin creases, including one about half way down that curved line you refer to. And that skin crease isn't interrupted, which I would expect it to be with a recently healed deep scratch.

Not sure who the other person is behind him, but it's interesting that they both have the little sebaceous cyst in the skin in approximately the same place, just on the cheek above the left angle of the mouth. They're very common, especially among males. As also are those little darker pigmented spots like the hint of one on GBC's left cheek and the other person's right cheek - it's called a lentigo, caused by sun exposure.

Perhaps we can go over all the pics of him, and re-examine possible scratch marks.

Not sure who the other person is behind him, but it's interesting that they both have the little sebaceous cyst in the skin in approximately the same place, just on the cheek above the left angle of the mouth. They're very common, especially among males. As also are those little darker pigmented spots like the hint of one on GBC's left cheek and the other person's right cheek - it's called a lentigo, caused by sun exposure.

Doc I am pretty sure that is his brother Adam. They do look similar.

Doc I am pretty sure that is his brother Adam. They do look similar.

Thanks Ali - yes, I thought that may be the case, but I didn't want to speculate as I'd not seen any photos of his brother. As far as I know, the sebaceous cysts aren't hereditary, either... ;)

OK - i can see what you're looking at. It's just feasible that it may be a scarred, healed scratch, but it would have one helluva scratch if it was. And although he was seen several times during the search phase, walking around, including by me (I live close by) I would think that a scar THAT deep and prominent would have been very noticeable.

It looks to me more like a regular skin textural variation, plus perhaps the way the light is on it.

If you look closely, you'll see his normal skin creases, including one about half way down that curved line you refer to. And that skin crease isn't interrupted, which I would expect it to be with a recently healed deep scratch.

I think you are right...I blew up the photo a few extra frames and the scar no longer looked like a scar. Thank you. Against my better judgement, I weighed in - I wish no more misery on this fellow (hell on earth is real and he is in it).

Same hairline too Doc which I think is hereditary. GBC being older just has a bit less hair and more greys than Adam.

OK - i can see what you're looking at. It's just feasible that it may be a scarred, healed scratch, but it would have been one helluva scratch if it was. And although he was seen several times during the search phase, walking around, including by me (I live close by) I would think that a scar THAT deep and prominent would have been very noticeable.

Sebaceous cysts are also very common in women, but that would be a little off topic to discuss that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes