Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah. I did see this in MSM.

http://media.smh.com.au/news/national-news/badenclay-to-supply-beard-sample-3377129.html

http://media.brisbanetimes.com.au/news/national-news/badenclay-to-supply-beard-sample-3377129.html

Don't know regret. Anything is possible, I suppose. I'm not sure what evidence could have survived the conditions Allison's body must have endured, as others have pointed out.

I was thinking more along the lines of potential evidence removed from elsewhere? Home, cars, anywhere QPS collected evidence.

What is very odd is that GBC did not grow the beard until after Allison's disappearance, if I recall correctly??

QPS wanting him to shave the beard to see what wounds may have been hidden by it makes complete sense.

Providing a DNA sample of the beard itself stands out in my mind, because of the timeline of the growing of the beard. How could the beard evidence itself possibly tie in to Allison's murder? Or is it because of something that occurred "after the fact"?? Purely speculation on my part.

It's just a very small curiosity that was on my mind.

My thoughts and opinion.

I wonder how many of these forensic tests are back already? Also I wonder how many will be delayed?

I wonder how many of these forensic tests are back already? Also I wonder how many will be delayed?

Keentoknow, I thought all results and evidence outside of the accounting examination were due to the Defense team by August 20th?

Would this not include all forensic testing?

If the results were delayed again for some reason, would this be an avenue for the defense team to go back to court for a re-application for bail?

Keentoknow, I thought all results and evidence outside of the accounting examination were due to the Defense team by August 20th?

Would this not include all forensic testing?

If the results were delayed again for some reason, would this be an avenue for the defense team to go back to court for a re-application for bail?

The defense team would be having the same problems then..They get forensic tests done also.

The defense team would be having the same problems then..They get forensic tests done also.

Ah, of course!

So it is possible at the September 3 hearing that the Defense independent testing would not be completed. Would this be grounds for an additional delay?

Welcome jadalynpisces and thanks for joining us. Whilst I don't envy you reading all the threads from scratch it is helpful for someone to cast a fresh eye over it and raise issues that could do with some fresh sleuthing. Also a fresh view is always good for us, we are at a stage where we aren't getting any new info so we are going over old info.

<modsnip>

Thanks alioop and welcome to jadalynpisces. I went way back to May in WS and it is amazing what snippets I've missed along the way. Let's hope 3 September gives us something new to talk about. I'm getting dizzy going around in circles.

Thankyou everyone for your nice welcomes. I really enjoy reading all the posts and have followed the story from the beginning in the news and lately, on here. I think that post must have been just a rumour so I wont try to find it.

Keentoknow, I have seen photos with what looks like a circular bandaid right up near his hairline, in one photo it is really obvious I thought.

Thanks Alioop, I will keep reading the threads, they are really interesting, but I think it will take a long time to get through them all!

You just might have plenty of time to read all the threads if the trial drags out. <modsnip>.

Thankyou everyone for your nice welcomes. I really enjoy reading all the posts and have followed the story from the beginning in the news and lately, on here. I think that post must have been just a rumour so I wont try to find it.

Keentoknow, I have seen photos with what looks like a circular bandaid right up near his hairline, in one photo it is really obvious I thought.

Thanks Alioop, I will keep reading the threads, they are really interesting, but I think it will take a long time to get through them all!

If you are able to put your photos on here we can compare.

The Commissioner of Corrective Services.

Has anyone seen any of the vehicles or number plates belonging to BC driving around Brookfield recently?

Hi ktk, I haven't seen them driving around but I happened to drive past the BC senior residence today and the gold Suzuki 4wd was there along with the BWANA car - no sign of the prado this time.

Hi ktk, I haven't seen them driving around but I happened to drive past the BC senior residence today and the gold Suzuki 4wd was there along with the BWANA car - no sign of the prado this time.

Thank you Thinking.

The prado has not been seen since the oldies went to townsville

Ow is staying at the bc s joint and they must be home at least a week ( no prado)

Gosh OW spends a lot of her time away from her home in Townsville maybe the Prado has been 'unleased' I wonder if they are still making lease payments on the captiva ?

Interesting news. Unlikely she would be allowed yet to visit her nieces. Mummy and Daddy don't need a visit as supposedly they have just been visiting her. So given the defence now should have all the prosecutions evidence ( except the accounting stuff) , my guess she has come to look at it. GBC would have likely already given permission for her to discuss his case with his lawyers, bearing in mind she was with them at the bail hearing.

Did read somewhere (sorry, link is filed in my head somewhere) that OW has GBC's POA.

Her visit and pow wow with Nigelaine and lawyers yesterday would have been briefing for Sept 3. IMO

Thanks for the mileage Onlyone.

Ah, of course!

So it is possible at the September 3 hearing that the Defense independent testing would not be completed. Would this be grounds for an additional delay?

I think if there was any likelihood of delays in any of the prosecutions forensic testing not being available for handover to the defence on the 20th August, that this would have been raised at the last committal mention. It wasn't, only about the delay in the forensic accounting stuff. So I don't think it is a issue. The defence can get their own forensic testing done any time they want. That is up to them.

Did read somewhere (sorry, link is filed in my head somewhere) that OW has GBC's POA.

Her visit and pow wow with Nigelaine and lawyers yesterday would have been briefing for Sept 3. IMO

Thanks for the mileage Onlyone.

Thought I would just clarify cause I had to pause and tink about it - POA power of attorney. Would she need POA - GBC is still alive so could be consulted still and innicent until proven guilty - I thought POA only worked when the person was gone.

Wow Roger you may need to get 'verified' - thanks for you updates!

Thought I would just clarify cause I had to pause and tink about it - POA power of attorney. Would she need POA - GBC is still alive so could be consulted still and innicent until proven guilty - I thought POA only worked when the person was gone.

Hi Laidan....Regardless of if you are in remand or sentenced prisoners are not allowed to operate a business, ect from prison.
Most times they give POA to someone eg family. OW might need POA to lodge a tax return and all the other things that need finishing off.

In fact the opposite is the case. A power of attorney or enduring power of attorney cease on the death of the donor or giver. They are only valid while the donor is alive. Such a document is to give a trusted person/s the ability to make financial decisions and do financial acts on their behalf if they are not available to do it for themselves or if they are mentally incapable of doing it themselves.

So if someone is in jail, then their appointed attorney under a power of attorney can continue to conduct their finances for them, usually in consultation with the person when they see them from time to time or speak on the phone. So the attorney can deal with their bank accounts, centrelink, pay bills and all the day to day finances that we usually do for ourselves.

An enduring power of attorney "endures" or continues to be valid if the donor loses mental capacity. A power of attorney is only valid whilst the donor still has mental capacity. Both cease on the death of the donor and then the person's will and appointed executor take over in regard to the administration of their estates.

I for eg have an enduring power of attorney in favour of my spouse and another family member. So if I need something done with my bank while I was overseas and not able to get to my bank, then I can ask my attorney to take the document to my bank and do what they need to do. Or if I had a car accident and was in a coma, then even though I have lost mental capacity, whether temporary or permanent , my attorney can continue to look after my finances.

Very important documents and lots of problems can arise if one is needed but the person affected hasn't granted one.

I found this post while reading the early threads and I am wondering whether flaggy creek road is no longer a possiblity as being somewhere that Allison was left. It looks like no one thinks so, and I am wondering why? I had a look on the map and that house and that street back right up onto Kholo Creek, as does Moledina. Im sorry if its been talked about and I havent got to that part yet. Its by Isadora, and its in the second thread, post number #975

Hi all
I'm a first time poster. This case has had me intrigued from the start and as another poster said, it seems everyone here in brissy knows someone who knows something. So, anything I post here is purely second hand info but it does make one pause and think.
1. I was told that a neighbor of ABC has reported to police that on the night in question ,the white car belonging to GBC was parked in the driveway at 10pm with all 4 doors wide open.
2. Someone who knows someone in the forensic team was told that GBC had bruising to his chest which resembled being kicked.
I also have a theory that I've been following. I saw an image of SES workers searching the Flaggy Creek Rd. This prompted me to do a google search of that road. One of the searches came up with a house listed by Remax Toowong The property in question has an image gallery of the property and shows a creek there that flows into Kholo Creek.This is extremely close to where ABC was found. Considering the amount of rain we had during that time, the body could have been taken to its final resting place at Kholo bridge.I'll let you draw your own conclusions but you should have a look at the property. It's an excellent 'dumping' area. This of course is just speculation on my part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48