Drew Peterson's Trial *FIFTH WEEK* part one

Status
Not open for further replies.
:notgood:

I honestly thought that jurors were supposed to dress in what you would wear to work....nice slacks and a blouse, skirt etc.

I agree. This is a disgrace.

The Herald-News ‏@Joliet_HN
#DrewPeterson court in session. Judge Burmila is hearing arguments on Harry Smith's testimony

Stacy St. Clair ‏@StacyStClair
#drewpeterson wants Smith to say Stacy Peterson asked him in 2007 if she could get more $ from DP if she threatened to report Savio murder

Prosecutors don't want Smith to be allowed to say Stacy asked if she could get more money from #DrewPeterson if she told how he killed Savio

BJ Lutz ‏@bjlutz
Attorneys are arguing -- again -- about possible testimony from Savio divorce attorney Harry Smith. #DrewPeterson

Craig Wall ‏@craigrwall
Stacy asked Smith if he thought she could get more money from #DrewPeterson in a divorce if she threatened to go to police about Savio death

Dan Rozek ‏@DanRozek1
#DrewPeterson jurors wearing orange and blue today, apparently in honor of the U of Illinois.

Blue and Orange are the Chicago Bears colors. Wonder why he thinks the colors represent U of I.

#drewpeterson prosecutors tell judge that Drew overheard Stacy call w/ Harry Smith. She disappeared two days later.

Craig Wall ‏@craigrwall
Jury is out during these arguments. Discussion in court revealed that Smith heard #DrewPeterson in background of his phone call with Stacy

Prosecutor: if Smith is allowed to testify about convo with Stacy, we should be allowed to include other statements #DrewPeterson

In Session
about a minute ago
Watch this thread for live updates from the Drew Peterson murder trial!

The judge now turns to the Peterson case. Prosecutor Colleen Griffin argues a motion in limine regarding an incident in which Stacy Peterson allegedly asked attorney Harry Smith if she could get more money out of Drew Peterson if she informed the police of what he told her at the time of Savio’s death.

In Session The State argues that this is improper impeachment, should the defense try to call Smith and bring it up. “We’re talking about a conversation with Harry Smith in October of 2007 to somehow impeach a statement Stacy made to Neil Schori . . . it’s just an attempt to try to show that Stacy Peterson was a bad person . . . the People assert that if the Court is considering this testimony of Harry Smith, the State should be allowed to bring up other hearsay statements, in order to rehabilitate her.” Judge Burmila: “You have no doubt that Mr. Smith interpreted this conversation as an attempt on her part to commit a crime?” Griffin: “I believe Mr. Smith told Stacy that she could be arrested for something like that.” Attorney Brodsky then responds.

How would the Lopez attorneys know what the jurors were going to wear if they are not suppose to have contact with the jurors?????

IMO, I think Lopez is dressed in the same colors as his wife, more so then the colors the jury is wearing.

Brodsky said he would ask that Smith be considered a hostile witness #DrewPeterson

#drewpeterson judge says if Harry Smith testifies state can ask him about DP overhearing Stacy call

Burmila: if Mr. Smith is called as a witness the entirety of the convo with Stacy would be admissible. #DrewPeterson

I wonder if the jury goes out and buys clothing in these colors....I would'nt have enough clothes on hand to be able to play along with that weird game

Dan Rozek ‏@DanRozek1
#DrewPeterson jurors wearing orange and blue today, apparently in honor of the U of Illinois.

#drewpeterson judge allows Harry Smith to testify, but Smith can't say that Stacy disappeared two days after call.

:maddening:

#drewpeterson judge allows Harry Smith to testify, but Smith can't say that Stacy disappeared two days after call.

:maddening:

Sheesh!!

In Session Judge Burmila makes his ruling. He says if the defense uses this testimony for impeachment that makes the entire hearsay applicable. However, any reference to Stacy's disappearance will be banned.

Good morning, everyone! :grouphug:

For all in the path of the hurricane, please stay safe. If we have to have a hurricane, I'd appreciate it if you'd pass it on up to Kansas because we could really use some rain.

A while back I DVR'd the Drew Peterson movie that was on Lifetime (I forget the name of it). Anyway, I watched it yesterday and I got SO mad that I had to forward through a lot of it. I had forgotten that DP moved a new young girl in after he got rid of Stacey. And, I had forgotten about the friend/brother that helped him move the blue container. Anyway, it just reinforced how MUCH I want DP put behind bars for LIFE.

It's called Untouchable. I don't have cable and don't want to shell out the $14.95 amazon wants for it so I haven't seen it. OT but they should have gotten a homelier actor to play Drew. Like maybe Dennis Franz with a weave. Drew has more bags under his eyes than a supermarket check out counter. And he is NOT handsome. It must have pumped his already inflated ego that they cast Rob Lowe to play him. He is so creepy looking. Every time I see a pic of him and his smarmy smirk I feel the need to shower.

#DrewPeterson court in recess.

State did not turn over a complete May 2012 interview Tom Peterson had with investigators to #drewpeterson team. Judge not thrilled about it

BJ Lutz ‏@bjlutz
#DrewPeterson trial in recess while attorneys look over documents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500