Drew Peterson's Trial *FIFTH WEEK* part one

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you, LaLaw -- this is the time when I start to feel like a little kid at Christmas -- afraid to ask for the red bike (pony, backyard playhouse, BB gun, etc., etc. -- that one thing you want so very badly) because I am so afraid I won't get it. My chest gets tight (nothing medically bad, but I'm sure you & many of us know that feeling), I get a lump in my throat, knots in my stomach, and I-don't-know-what-all, as they say.Yeah, the "feeling" is starting for me, too. In every trial, I try to anticipate what the jurors are thinking; I try to be logical and unbiased; and I think yes, they have proved their case, the jury has been paying attention -- this is believable, that is not believable, & so on, but I know I have been seeing the case through he-is-guilty-colored glasses.

Oh, DP is the worst of the worst -- so cocksure, that s-e grin, so surly, and probably making plans for a victory party at this very minute. I simply cannot stand it. Grrrrrr. I just can't hardly let myself think positively. And it's starting...

Yep, I know those symptoms well. I've always called them verdict flu.

The Herald-News ‏@Joliet_HN
Burmila asking state why they didn't give defense team the report from an interview state police did with Tom Peterson in May #DrewPeterson

Stacy St. Clair ‏@StacyStClair
Illinois State Police interviewed #drewpeterson son in May 2012 at UPenn, where he is a student

In Session Judge Burmila is clearly not happy that this information was turned over late. Prosecution Connor is trying to answer all of the judge’s questions.

#drewpeterson prosecutors say they did not order state police to re-interview Tom, but they knew about the plan do so.

Kara Oko ‏@KaraOko
#DrewPeterson jury - half wearing orange, half wearing blue. Orange side sitting together, blue side sitting together

#drewpeterson judge says let's call other witnesses until they can sort out matter

#drewpeterson defense calls Illinois State Police Sgt. Pat Collins to stand.

In Session The judge decides to call the next two witnesses at this time, because they have nothing to do with this report. He calls for the jury.

The jurors enter the courtroom. The defense calls its first witness of the day: Illinois State Police Sgt. Patrick Collins (questioned by attorney Greenberg).

#drewpeterson atty asks Collins how long he has been the case investigator. "What case in particular are you talking about?" he asks.

Kara Oko ‏@KaraOko
Collins on the stand talking questions from Greenberg; Collins asks "which case are we talking about?" [Kathy or Stacy?] #DrewPeterson

In Session He previously testified as a prosecution witness. “I just want to tie up some things about your investigation . . . were you involved in the case after the original investigation in 2004?” “Yes.” “When did you stop being involved as an investigator?” “What case are we talking about? I was involved most of the time, yes, Sir.” “Did you go out and interview witnesses in 2007, 2008?” “I can’t recall, but I assume I did.”

In Session The witness is shown a photo of Kathleen Savio (taken by Nick Pontarelli). “Did you get that photo in the course of your investigation, in 2004?” ‘I don’t remember it.” “You never had a chance to talk to Nick Pontarelli in 2004?” “Never spoke to the son.” “You knew he had been there that night?” “Right.” “You didn’t know he had taken a container of orange juice and put it back in the refrigerator that night?” “I never spoke to Nick Pontarelli.”

In Session The witness identifies a photograph of the Savio home. “Have you and I had a chance to talk about your testimony today?” “No.” “Is that how the house appeared when you were there that night?” “Yes.” “Can you tell what lights are on in what room?” Objection/Overruled. “I see a light on, but I cannot testify as to what room that is.” The witness is then shown another photo of the Savio house, followed by a photo of Savio’s bedroom.. “That’s just another picture of what the house looked like?” “Yes.” “This is the photo of the Pontarelli home and the Savio home?” “I can’t recall whose [sic] house that is on the right . . . those pictures were taken by the crime scene tech . . . he had taken pictures prior to me getting there . . . in case we have to testify in court, to bring back our memories.” “Did you ever go back to that house?” “That night, yes.” “Ever go back any other time?” “That I can’t recall.” “But you did go back that night?” “Yes, to inform Drew Peterson’s supervisors that we would have to talk to him.”

In Session “Recall anyone bringing anything unusual to your attention?” “No.” “That’s the entrance to the master bedroom?” “Yes, Sir.” “Do you recall the cat? See those beady little eyes there?” “No.” “The pictures are taken to preserve what’s there?” “Yes, Sir.”

In Session “See this lamp? Nothing appears to be broken there?” “No.” “And there appears to be stacks of things on that dresser, like that mirror?” “Yes, I see the items you just mentioned.” “Remember the flowers close to the bed?” “I can’t remember, but evidently they were there.” “You didn’t see any broken flowers, anything that looked like it had been grabbed at, torn away?” “No.” “And the other stuff didn’t seem like it had been moved?” “It wasn’t scattered like it had been knocked over, anything like that.”

#drewpeterson atty Greenberg walking Collins thru death scene pics, having Sgt. agree over and over there was no sign of struggle in house

In Session Another picture of the bedroom is projected. “Nothing unusual there?” “No.” The witness says only he, Ofc. Deel and Ofc. Falat were with him when he was inside the house.” “Did you see anyone in there when you first arrived?” “No.” “Do you recall if there were things hanging on the wall in that bedroom?” “I looked for the obvious: things that might have been twisted, turned around . . . things on top of the dressers, pictures on the wall. Things like that.”

#drewpeterson atty asks Collins how long he has been the case investigator. "What case in particular are you talking about?" he asks.

Kara Oko ‏@KaraOko
Collins on the stand talking questions from Greenberg; Collins asks "which case are we talking about?" [Kathy or Stacy?] #DrewPeterson

Oh snap did he say that in front if the jury???

In Session The next photograph shows Savio’s body in the bathtub. “The only people who took pictures were the state police that night?” “It was crime scene investigator Deel.” The next photograph shows “the things that are next to the tub. Did you look for signs of a struggle around the tub?” “Yes.”

In Session “You didn’t see anything that appeared to be moved?” “I can’t say if it was put back. But at the time, it didn’t appear to be knocked over.” “Did you look for broken pieces of ceramic?” “Yes, Sir.” “You didn’t find any broken ceramics, or anything like that?” “No.” “Looked around for things that might show signs of a struggle?” “Yes.”

This is ridiculous. If there were any signs of a struggle, DP would have fixed it all up. He had plenty of time to move through the home and straighten pictures and re-align the furniture. He was a crime scene professional, fgs.

(what about the picture on the floor from wall)?
was that not true?

#drewpeterson son Tom is out in the courthouse hallway waiting to testify.

In Session The witness is now shown a photograph of Savio’s kitchen. “Have you seen this picture before?” “No.” “When you were preparing for this case, they didn’t show you this picture?” “No.” The defense then asks for a sidebar.

Savio divorce attorney Harry Smith also has just arrived at the courthouse. Sixth day spent here waiting to testify in #drewpeterson case

Savio divorce attorney Harry Smith also has just arrived at the courthouse. Sixth day spent here waiting to testify in #drewpeterson case

Can Harry smith bill the defense? They are keeping him away from his own case work after all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA