Drew Peterson's Trial *FIFTH WEEK* part one

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Session Another picture of the bedroom is projected. “Nothing unusual there?” “No.” The witness says only he, Ofc. Deel and Ofc. Falat were with him when he was inside the house.” “Did you see anyone in there when you first arrived?” “No.” “Do you recall if there were things hanging on the wall in that bedroom?” “I looked for the obvious: things that might have been twisted, turned around . . . things on top of the dressers, pictures on the wall. Things like that.”

BBM

Too bad he can't say 'yes, I rarely see a deadbolt on a bedroom door and it wasn't engaged even though she was found in the bathroom'.

In Session The sidebar ends. The witness is then shown a photograph of Savio’s body. “There appears to be white tape around her wrists, and then paper sacks, like lunch bags, over her hands?” “Yes . . . based on the fact that might have been a struggle, she might have something under her nails.” “So it’s following procedure to bag her hands?” “Yes.” “To preserve fingernail evidence?” “That was my first homicide. So it was a learning experience for me. I assume that’s what they do.” “So if anything comes off the hands, it’s saved in the bags?” “Yes.”

No. That was the tweeter speculating why he asked which case? Smart move on his part to ask, imo. LOL

That would have been totally awesome if he had said "Stacy or Kathleen?"

In Session The sidebar ends. The witness is then shown a photograph of Savio’s body. “There appears to be white tape around her wrists, and then paper sacks, like lunch bags, over her hands?” “Yes . . . based on the fact that might have been a struggle, she might have something under her nails.” “So it’s following procedure to bag her hands?” “Yes.” “To preserve fingernail evidence?” “That was my first homicide. So it was a learning experience for me. I assume that’s what they do.” “So if anything comes off the hands, it’s saved in the bags?” “Yes.”

I like the way he snuck in that it was a homicide...and that he was a total newbie...lol

In Session “You spoke to Mr. Peterson, right?” “Yes, I interviewed him.” “At the police station?” “Yes.” “He told you he’d been home all day Saturday?” “Yes.” The witness is handed a copy of his report, which he skims through. “Did he ever use the word ‘Sunday’ when he said he had gone to work that weekend?” Objection/Overruled. “I can’t recall that statement.”

In Session “You had a canvas done of the neighborhood?” “Yes . . . to see if we can obtain any additional information that might assist in our investigation.” “By my count, 24 different people were spoken to in that neighborhood?” ‘I can’t recall that number . . . if that report reflects that number of people, I’ll defer to it.”

In Session The prosecution objects, and asks for a sidebar.

Today's words of the day are "pure chance."

I'm way behind. Internet was out for more than 12 hours.... Sorry to be quoting from yesterdays info, but the above is so true. Everything is pure chance, there is no such thing as physics. :maddening:

I like the way he snuck in that it was a homicide...and that he was a total newbie...lol

OMG! I totally missed that! Sometimes I'm so busy copying and pasting that I miss half of the testimony. LOL

Woohoo for this LEO :woohoo:

I'm way behind. Internet was out for more than 12 hours.... Sorry to be quoting from yesterdays info, but the above is so true. Everything is pure chance, there is no such thing as physics. :maddening:

I still don't get why everybody's so hopping mad about that. I don't really see how much more clearly Dr DiMaio could have signalled to the jury that the accidental drowning of a sober adult is a highly unusual, freak occurence.

If he'd said it any more clearly he would have been a prosecution witness.

I still don't get why everybody's so hopping mad about that. I don't really see how much more clearly Dr DiMaio could have signalled to the jury that the accidental drowning of a sober adult is a highly unusual, freak occurence.

If he'd said it any more clearly he would have been a prosecution witness.

I wasn't mad about it, I just thought it was funny that he kept saying that every thing related to how her body was found, was just 'pure chance.' He is a forensics expert and he just wanted to write it all off to random chance.

I don't agree with him that the way a body falls after death is purely up to chance, jmo.

In Session The sidebar ends. Using his report, Sgt. Collins confirms that 24 people were canvassed at the time in question. “In that canvas, did you learn that anyone had observed anything unusual?” “The agents reported nothing unusual to me.” As part of his investigation, he obtained the phone records of Steve Maniaci, Drew Peterson, and Kathleen Savio for that day. “Mr. Maniaci suggested you talk to some other people, and you talked to those people?” “Not me personally, but other people maybe.” “The Bolingbrook police officers who arrived before you did prepared reports, and you reviewed those reports?” “Yes.” “Agents spoke to them?” “Yes.” “And you spoke to Steve Carcerano that night?” “Yes.” “Mary Pontarelli?” “Yes.” “Tom Pontarelli?” “Yes.” “Did you have agents go back and talk to them again?” “Eventually they were re-interviewed.” “And all those reports were eventually given to you?” “Yes.” “The locksmith and EMTs were interviewed?” “Yes.” “Any physical evidence collected by Deel was submitted for testing?” “He would have submitted it. But the only thing I can recall are the pictures.” “The autopsy was reviewed by you?” “Yes.” “You didn’t get any calls from anyone who was a friend of Miss Savio’s, did you?” Objection/Sustained. “Did you get any calls from anyone alerting you to problems between Ms. Savio and Mr. Peterson, during the course of your 2004 investigation?” “No.”

In Session The defense asks for a sidebar.

Stacy St. Clair ‏@StacyStClair
#drewpeterson atty Greenberg trying to show jurors that Collins did a thorough initial investigation and nothing pointed to Drew

In Session The sidebar ends. The judge calls a brief recess, and leaves the bench. The trial is currently in recess.

:rolleyes:

I wasn't mad about it, I just thought it was funny that he kept saying that every thing related to how her body was found, was just 'pure chance.' He is a forensics expert and he just wanted to write it all off to random chance.

I don't agree with him that the way a body falls after death is purely up to chance, jmo.

Its my opinion that he kept stressing pure chance for a reason. Like I said, if he'd done it more blatantly he would have been testifying for the other side.

Correct! However, even if not discussed, it will be in their memory. In showing how DP controlled Stacy during the interview last week (Falat), the jury can draw comparisons to tie together DP's modus operendi with his women.

Stacy, a much younger woman literally formed by Peterson since age 16, was using methods that he probably used in his "job"... blackmail. Perhaps she thought lightning wouldn't strike twice, so to speak.

But also being young and naive she probably thought it wouldn't happen to her because she could outsmart him. She had no idea what she was dealing with and how sleazy he is, IMO. I feel like she had no idea she was being followed, tracked, etc.

Stacy St. Clair ‏@StacyStClair
#drewpeterson atty Greenberg trying to show jurors that Collins did a thorough initial investigation and nothing pointed to Drew

I think it is going to be hard to jurors to accept that it was a 'thorough' investigation, given the fact that it was that cops VERY FIRST HOMICIDE INVESTIGATION. I thought that was odd, given the fact it was a cop's ex wife. Like maybe for his protection you would want a proper and experienced investigation to happen.

Its my opinion that he kept stressing pure chance for a reason. Like I said, if he'd done it more blatantly he would have been testifying for the other side.

I did like the way he kept talking about how rare of an occurrence it is for a sober healthy woman to drown. One in a few million circumstances.

I think it is going to be hard to jurors to accept that it was a 'thorough' investigation, given the fact that it was that cops VERY FIRST HOMICIDE INVESTIGATION. I thought that was odd, given the fact it was a cop's ex wife. Like maybe for his protection you would want a proper and experienced investigation to happen.

Unless you thought he was guilty and wanted to protect one of your own...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike