GUILTY LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bay St Louis is experencing flooding from the storm surge !
Thank you for collecting Jaren's memorial cross etc!!!!
I have been watching the storm trackers...
http://imap.tv/

How eerie is it to years ago have a hurricane, dismembered victim and MAS all linked together and then fast forward to today and have a hurricane, dismembered victim and MAS all linked together. Hope everyone stays safe.

How eerie is it to years ago have a hurricane, dismembered victim and MAS all linked together and then fast forward to today and have a hurricane, dismembered victim and MAS all linked together. Hope everyone stays safe.

I would say that it is a total coincidence, but I really don't think it is!

Stay safe too! :hills:

Bay St Louis is experencing flooding from the storm surge !
Thank you for collecting Jaren's memorial cross etc!!!!
I have been watching the storm trackers...
http://imap.tv/

Flooding already? The hurricane didn't even hit yet. This is starting to feel like Katrina all over again. I'm glad I evacuated with my dogs and belongings. And I'm glad that Jaren's memorial is in safe keeping :)

got the cross and all in my van. no worry now !
Worried about you, hurricaneangel. Check in if you can.

Conditions are deteriorating in NOLA now. The rain is really starting to come down on this side of town near the river. Power is out all around us.

Bessie and everyone else in the hurricane's way please stay safe!

I'm home and it looks like Isaac will go right over my house but we are far enough inland where it won't be bad. It will be like Gustav a few years back and we made it thru that ok. We will likely lose power and internet service at some point but we bought a nice big generator today and Mr Swamp has it set up so we should be just fine. I simply cannot exist without cold coke and ice. (Well ok i could exist but it would NOT be pretty)

So I may be out of touch for a few days but I am in capable hands with Mr Swamp. I swear that man can fix anything! We have our vehicles parked up by the highway because our driveway will be just a half mile of mud before this is over with. We have the 4 wheeler to make it to our cars.

I guess it kinda sounds crazy to live this way but we love where we live and we love life in the boonies. I feel so lucky to live where I live, far away from the crazy city and the crimes and such.

Hope everyone else is safe and sound.

Swampmama, you sound like my bf with the cold coke and ice. He has
been freezing bags and bags of ice to keep his coke cold, lol. I too love
life in Louisiana and look at these storms as a bonding experience with
my family. Right now we still have power in Ponchatoula, but it is very
windy and rainy. I can not believe how much the trees can bend and
not break. Amazing to see a tropical storm/hurricane in action.
Take care everyone.

Anyone have an update on how Bay St. Louis is doing now? Should it be safe for me to return home tomorrow?

I just saw a map on the news showing how much water is in various areas. It said 7.6 feet in some areas of Bay St. Louis. I hope that's wrong.

I currently have power, but I am north of the storm. However, it is slowly headed my way. My air conditoner is currently set on 66 degrees. I have plenty of ice, water, food, a portable battery operated digital LCD TV, battery operated fans, and of course a bottle of wine! My animals are getting restless, that's usually not good sign. I am sure in a few hours, I will have no more electricity. This isn't my first rodeo! Good luck everybody and please stay safe!

"Slow moving Isaac won't budge from Gulf" - being reported now on CNN.

Stay safe everyone. Lots of downed power lines along with tornado warnings.

Swampmama, you sound like my bf with the cold coke and ice. He has
been freezing bags and bags of ice to keep his coke cold, lol. I too love
life in Louisiana and look at these storms as a bonding experience with
my family. Right now we still have power in Ponchatoula, but it is very
windy and rainy. I can not believe how much the trees can bend and
not break. Amazing to see a tropical storm/hurricane in action.
Take care everyone.

I have been doing the same thing. I freeze 2 liter bottles of water or whatever I can when a storm is coming. Our power is currently out but I am the proud owner of a new generator which is humming along nicely and keeping the cokes cold, the ice froze and the internet going. The roof is leaking but we expected that.

Yes, these hurricanes are bonding experiences and things that I remember from my childhood when we would get all excited to be off of school and be allowed to run and play while adults panicked or prepared for the hurricane party. Every once in a while we get a Betsey or a Camille or a Katrina but for the most part the storms are not that bad. I can deal with the loss of material possessions but I pray everyone is safe and sound.

So our roof is a goner, the new hay is ruined but as long as the ones I love are ok I'm doing just fine. I feel the house swaying in the wind and in my mind I can hear Waylon Jennings and Jessi Colter singing "storms never last" and I know in my heart, that is true and we will survive this and even laugh about it one day when we remember Isaac.

The area around HWY 603 and HWY 90 is showing major flooding in Bay St. Louis according to news articles and Google Map images I've looked up. And one article said there were boat rescues to my apartment complex. Wow, the water must be insanely high. I guess I won't get to return home tomorrow as planned :(

:praying: Prayers that everyone gets through Issac unharmed. Please, please :please:

It was so very thoughtful to save Jaren's memorial. I bet her family is/would be really touched if they knew.

Hope everyone in MS and LA are doing well. You've been on my mind all day.

Thinking of you all in PA. Stay safe.

<3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my first time to not be readying for/evacuating in front of a hurricane in 27 years. After Katrina left us with no power for 6 weeks and no Internet a little while longer, it's so strange to see a storm unfold, live on tv. I moved away a year or so ago and seeing this stuff makes me realize I should be back home - for good.

Best of wishes and stay safe.

Not surprising, but still no new news on MAS or TS. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members