CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard local kids talk about the area as haunted or spooky. It's dark and isolated and has old structures left over from the long abandoned coal mine. Near the west end of Leyden Road is a flame that burns methane from the landfill and gives off an odd blue light. Probably why a local kid making a video in this area would chose that music.

Footwarrior, how close are you to the search areas? Where did you take the photo from that you posted yesterday, the one where all the crews turned up near the recovery site? I envisaged you sitting on your balcony!

Footwarrior, how close are you to the search areas? Where did you take the photo from that you posted yesterday, the one where all the crews turned up near the recovery site? I envisaged you sitting on your balcony!

You are right. That photo was taken from my back deck with a fairly long telephoto.

http://goo.gl/maps/I2E5a

The addresses in my Google Map search are the locations of where Jessica went missing and where the back pack was found.

I shifted the image to exactly where the body was found. In the lower part of the image you can see the top of the drainage pipe. Farther up the hill you can see the "fallen tree", still intact in this Google image from 2007. To the left of the tree is where the body was found.

there's video now, the guy just spit shined the lens. LOL!

And they're in front of the Public Safety Building, so I hope this is a PC

Kinda annoys me that they're all cheerful like it's a party on the sound feed =(

My husband, son and I usually go to the football game on Friday night and leave my daughter at home because she hates football. Tomorrow night I will be staying home with her. Even though we have a security alarm and she has been well versed in safety, I just need to be near her right now.

HLN: body not intact, that's why it's taking time to identify her. Search at a lake just east of where the body was found.

"5" marks the location of the Leyden Mine Disaster of 1910, which killed 10 miners.

Photographers, teens and young adults, and local history buffs frequent location #5.

Because I believe that the perpetrator(s) has knowledge of the local legend about the haunting of Leyden Mine Shaft #3, I propose that the perpetrator(s) is a local resident, perhaps a photographer, local history buff, or teenager who has frequented this location.

I called the local tip line with a tip about a photographer, and the investigator said that police were interested in talking to anyone who has a familiarity with the abandoned buildings.

body_location_013_zps278e94cf.jpg

I think I read, earlier in this thread, that there was video posted on youtube? Can someone tell me what that is about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
diannewl