CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, there is definitely a psycho in the area. This sounds like a promising lead. Did the locals know about this attempted abduction? Because of the age differences between this woman and Jennifer, I would not have considered any connection at first. This sounds like a person desperate for a victim, to use a knock-out chemical (assumed by me).

BTK killer had no preferences. Male, female, old or young. He just wanted to kill for the thrill. No sexual contact iirc, but "he helped himself" all over many of the victims and crime scenes, iykwim.

I do not believe so -- at least in California - the law has been in place for years to prohibit anyone besides LE to obtain that information.

I'm in California too and I know it's very difficult to find out that info unless you're the bank/loan owner, DMV, or car owner. I've been wracking my brain to remember her name and can't think of it (Rebecca something?), but there was an actress stalked and killed in CA maybe 20-25 years ago. That's when the law changed and made it very hard to get a person's info from their license plate #, IIRC. I have no idea how the laws work in other states though.

Oh, duh. I swear I checked and I thought it was the 7th... Oh what a fool I feel I am! :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

Tis OK...been there. :) The 7th her BP was found.

I'm in California too and I know it's very difficult to find out that info unless you're the bank/loan owner, DMV, or car owner. I've been wracking my brain to remember her name and can't think of it (Rebecca something?), but there was an actress stalked and killed in CA maybe 20-25 years ago. That's when the law changed and made it very hard to get a person's info from their license plate #, IIRC. I have no idea how the laws work in other states though.

Rebecca Shaeffer.(sp)

lol I'm sorry I know that this whole situation isn't funny but this made me laugh. It's changing slowly, but when East-Coasters in particular hear I'm in California they automatically assume I surf and hang out at the beach every day. I'm apparently supposed to surf into the front door of my office containing my cubicle...

We finally got indoor plumbing this decade, though!

Can we search for sexual assaults in the general area of Jessica's neighborhood and the area where the bag was found? Is there some way to search this (database or general MSM link?)

Maybe, they seem to be able to pretty much say "not involved" fairly quickly with some that would seem suspects. Yet they are putting a bit of emphasis on this Ketner Park guy.

The Ketner Park suspect seems to be of rather small stature -- I wonder if they might have something -- a shoe print, maybe -- that suggests a smallish perp?

Related: I had been wondering, on other "quick rule-outs," if they might not have DNA indicating a perp of a different race or even a female perp. But a shoeprint or other indication of small size might be more likely. (Though that might indicate the possibility of a female perp, too -- I think a female is not likely, but not impossible.)

Yes, there is definitely a psycho in the area. This sounds like a promising lead. Did the locals know about this attempted abduction? Because of the age differences between this woman and Jennifer, I would not have considered any connection at first. This sounds like a person desperate for a victim, to use a knock-out chemical (assumed by me).

Sorry if I'm lost since I'm still catching up, but this one has me stumped. Who is Jennifer?

Someone that has knockout chemical at their convenience

You might remember it was said that Casey Anthony searched how to make her own chloroform. They can make it. A little dangerous but this guy could make it himself & I think you can buy it online. Hopefully, they bought it online & live in Colorado!

Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD
Police asking public if they have information that could link the Ketner Lake incident on Memorial Day (05-28-12) to #jessicaridgeway
Expand
2h Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD
New information on #jessicaridgeway case. Press release posted on FB http://www.facebook.com/westminsterpolice?ref=tn_tnmn … #justiceforjessica
Expand

https://twitter.com/WestminsterPD

Date – October 18, 2012

In an attempt to uncover any lead that may help identify the individual responsible for the abduction and subsequent murder of Jessica Ridgeway; authorities are asking the community to try and remember anything that was suspicious or out of place near the Ketner Lake Open Space during the Memorial Day holiday weekend. Due to the time frame and geographic proximity of Jessica’s disappearance and the attempted abduction near the Ketner Lake Open Space, police are trying to determine if there is any connection between the two cases. The suspect from the attempted abduction at Ketner Lake on May 28, 2012 was described as follows:

• Light skinned male
• 18 – 30’s (or someone who’s appearance with a ball cap may look that age)
• Brown hair
• Medium build
• 5’06” to 5’08” (Height can vary above or below these approximations)

Westminster police and assisting law enforcement agencies have been unable to associate any vehicle in either of these incidents. Several metro area law enforcement jurisdictions are working other cases of attempted abductions and various vehicle or suspect descriptions have been provided. In regards to Westminster’s cases, we only have the above description to provide.

Working with the FBI and the Behavioral Analysis Unit we are asking the public to call us if anyone around you changed their behavior, acted unusual, failed to show up for a family activity or other change that was unusual. We are specifically looking for these behavior changes on October 5, 2012 and days after Jessica’s disappearance and the Memorial Day weekend.

Tips can be given to the Westminster Police Department tip center by calling 303-658-4336 or by sending an email to: PDamberalert@cityofwestminster.us
http://www.facebook.com/westminsterpolice

^press release^

The Ketner Park suspect seems to be of rather small stature -- I wonder if they might have something -- a shoe print, maybe -- that suggests a smallish perp?

Related: I had been wondering, on other "quick rule-outs" if they might have DNA indicating a perp of a different race or even a female perp. But a shoeprint or other indication of small size might be more likely. (Though that might indicate the possibility of a female perp, too -- I think a female is not likely, but not impossible.)

I have no idea, but basically they have not said "boo" except dismissing most suspects as "not related". But it does seem they have some interest in this one.

I just love quoting myself since nobody else seems to! :blushing: I just wanted to add that I did find someone who lives/lived in that house recently, and he is connected to a roofing and construction company in Arvada (owned by either him or a family member.) Is that too much sleuthing if I'm not saying who he is?

Here's a site that might help you, I wouldn't say who it is or give the addys. You may want to call the tip in if you really feel it's may be something. Wouldn't hurt...and you could be on to something. Let LE rule it out. Here's the link: http://www.411.com/find_neighbors

Probably a dumb question but what do they mean by light-skinned?

I was thinking possibly light skinned Hispanic or multi racial. I would say even an snowy white caucasion would still be considered caucasion?

Not sure either way.

Kelly

Rebecca Schaeffer, who starred on a show called, "My Sister Sam," with Pam Dawber (formerly 'Mindy' of "Mork and Mindy").

The prosecutor of Rebecca's murderer was Marcia Clark.

Rebecca's then-boyfriend at the time of her murder is now actress Amy Brenneman's husband.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member