CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking that the body would have been embalmed before becoming 'not intact'.

----------------
Hi this is as good a place as any to put my inquiry.LOL. ( if anyone can LOl.) I read early in todays posts that The <Mod snip> mother (Nothing against her)
is a Mortician. Anyone know if this is true? Could explain if he had access to chemicals.tia..:seeya:

Reading myown post I started to feel bad..My heart goes out to his mom. can you imagine turning your son in for something like this? I hope and pray she is strong enough to realize she did the right thing~go on with her life (what is left).. if she reads here she was correct in what she did.Bless her.

one more thing, did anyone notice, did the jeep have tinted windows?
probably cannot see in the vehicle from "just driving by", if like our jeep, you have to get up really close to actually see in the back windows.

It may be here. I lived in a loft apartment where a body had been dismembered (but no murder -- an overdose that drove the poor boyfriend mad :( ). When I asked the landlord if my potential apartment was that one, he said yes and I had him bump off a bunch of the monthly rent and took the place.

Fortunately for the families, etc, some folks are as odd as me about things like that. It worked out better than folks might expect.

We aren't going to see you on the show Ghost Stories are we?

wonder if this mother ever reported this?
instincts are sometimes right on point!

palaminodee, sadly no. The mom said that she just thought her daughter was being paranoid. Bet she listens to her very perceptive and insticntual daughter, the next time she tells her something..

"The source says Sigg told police he drove by Jessica Ridgeway on the morning of October 5, turned his car around and grabbed her. He brought her into the car where he hog-tied her and then he strangled her to death." - http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/10/2...f-austin-sigg/

This almost sounds like he strangled her immediately right on her street! It doesn't say that he drove somewhere and did this to her. It says "he brought her into the car where he hog-tied.....". This makes it sound to me like he did it right then and there! How awful!!! I guess if this is the case, then she didn't have to suffer long, wondering what was going to happen - it was quick. But still, how awful and also how brazen that he could/would be strangling a little girl in the car in the bright morning, right on her own street, where anyone could have driven by.

I thought the area where she was abducted was very busy. How did he do that without being seen??

MOO--but I'm sure I'm not the only community member who isn't feeling like talk of more violence is going to bring the healing and restore of the sense of safety we desperately need.

What we needed to do was remove a predator from our streets. As of today, it appears that goal has been reached. Given the nature of this crime, I have little doubt that this killer will be in prison for the rest of his life. It's time for our community to heal and calling for vengeance will not help in that regard.

----------------
Hi this is as good a place as any to put my inquiry.LOL. ( if anyone can LOl.) I read early in todays posts that The Ba*&^%ds mother (Nothing against her)
is a Mortician. Anyone know if this is true? Could explain if he had access to chemicals.tia..:seeya:

I thought that was the NJ mom...

I would think he may have access to chemicals if he was taking lab classes.

not that I know of
Regarding whether he and jess knew one another... They actually did not go to school together as he was seven years older than her..but I think maybe what you're referring to was it being reported that back when sigg was a kid, elementary age, that he happened to also be a student of witt elementary...but not that they attended the same school at the same time..

HTH:)

Yes, I'm sorry. I didn't mean he went to school WITH her, but rather WHERE she had gone to school, but during previous years. Therefore, living in the same general area, it's possible she knew him.

This 17 yr old monster got "lucky."

Turns out the perp was not someone who:

- knew the mother's schedule of working
- knew that JR's mother turned off her cell phone or put it elsewhere so she could get some sleep & plotted the crime based on that
- was a classmate's father
- was a member of the Ridgeway family
- was a member of the clergy
- didn't have a vehicle
- had murdered any other children
- was a RSO
- had previous prison time
- was sophisticated
- was leaving secret messages
- followed JR on foot that morning
- was in a gang
- was part of a drug or gun running or Mexican cartel
- was being initiated into some gang and this was his test

the records are currently sealed so I don't know what we know and what we do not know. That is a pretty broad generalization without having the details.

----------------
Hi this is as good a place as any to put my inquiry.LOL. ( if anyone can LOl.) I read early in todays posts that The <Mod Snip> mother (Nothing against her)

I think you have cases mixed up.

How many times have we read this same description when discussing murderers? Lots.
My prediction: Austin will be given a mental health assessment and diagnosed as schizophrenic or schizophreniform. (I believe that murderers with incurable mental illnesses should be locked up for life.)

Pensfan
verified psychiatric mental health nurse

He may be (I noticed 'talked to himself' as something folks noticed about him). OTOH, I think of folks like Dahmer, and they are shy and keep to themselves a lot apparently because they know their interests and others' just don't mesh. They know they are quite different than most people, and it's not a psychotic disorder at all. It may be something vaguely linked to OCD/compulsion disorders at some future time, I think, but it's not psychotic.

There are serial killers who definitely had the more psychotic symptoms, though, so I do agree with you, too :)

I repost this post of mine due to that it was one of the last before thread #18was closed.

I also added an additional picture of Austin Reed Sigg.

I would like to know my fellow WS posters opinion, do you belive the robber is Austin Reed Sigg?:

I sent this tip to the WPD

To the Westminster police Department

Concerning Austin Reed Sigg suspect in the Jessica Ridgeway case.

I belive Austin Reed Sigg might be the man sought in this October 19, 2012 Fort Collins case.

The photo indeed resemble him a lot, the robber just have glasses, cap and a little more beard.

http://www.noco5.com/story/19857439/fort-collins-police-still-at-crime-s

Hope this helps.

ARSandFortCollinsrobber1.jpg

Christopher Wayne Jones, 28, arrested in connection with the Fort Collins robbery.

"FORT COLLINS -- On Wednesday afternoon, Fort Collins Police arrested 28-year-old Christopher Wayne Jones of Fort Collins for the October 18 armed robbery of the One Stop Gas Station, 2025 S. College Avenue, according to a press release from Fort Collins Police.

Jones was contacted by Fort Collins Police Wednesday morning at approximately 8:30 and voluntarily came to the police station for a consensual interview where he was later arrested around 4 p.m."

So, it is not AS.

http://www.reporterherald.com/news/...her-wayne-jones-arrested-fort-collins-robbery

I thought that was the NJ mom...

I would think he may have access to chemicals if he was taking lab classes.
There are recipes for making chloroform on youtube. The ingredients are very easy to find. (Information learned at WS from the Casey Anthony case.)

Who knows what kind of upbringing this kid had, considering his father had a history of assault, domestic violence, and alcohol and drug abuse.
I personally don't care if he was hung upside down by his toes every day of his life. It is no defense for what he has done. A lot of people grow up in very dysfunctional families and don't turn out to be sycophants who murder.
Suspect confessed to grabbing #jessicaridgeway, pulling her into car and strangling her

So, it wasn't sexually motivated then. Even more sickening that it appears to be a thrill kill. UGH

I am so pleased they plan to try him as an adult as this was concerning me. He needs to be made an example of and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

The first court appearance is at 8am tomorrow Colorado time.

Here is an article about his arrest http://edition.cnn.com/2012/10/24/justice/jessica-ridgeway-arrest/

I have not used the suspects name as I want him forgotten and only Jessica remembered.

How many times have we read this same description when discussing murderers? Lots.
My prediction: Austin will be given a mental health assessment and diagnosed as schizophrenic or schizophreniform. (I believe that murderers with incurable mental illnesses should be locked up for life.)

Pensfan
verified psychiatric mental health nurse

What about his demeanor or actions makes you think that he will be diagnosed?

Not being snarky but since your verifed as a Mental Health Expert would love your thoughts on why.

Kinda o/t but I've been really creeped and spooked more with this recent cases and was walking the dog a little while ago at dusk. Live in a rural area, one side of street is nothing but fields, houses on the other but all have at least acre yards and back from road. Car pulls up behind me and along me, very slowly. It's almost dark and I can't see who it is and really start thinking, crap, he could grab me and no one would really know. Gone without a trace. He pulls up and drives by slowly staring at me and then says, hey Miss ____, took me a minute then I realized it was my oldest son's (who's away in college), it was his friend home on a break. Freaked me out!! But you know, had it been a true snatch and grab, I doubt that anyone would have noticed a thing. Made me think a little harder.

I'm very bothered today by the 2 mom's who know now that their sons are murderer's. While it's true, they can at least visit them and all, but what a sad taking of all these lives, so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173