Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ty :) The reason I asked is that my son's been asking me whether this little boy in his class may be like Adam because the little boy is very very shy and doesn't make eye contact when other people, including kids speak to him. And many of the kids in class are starting to become afraid of the little boy.

I find that so sad -- that it's so easy for people to jump on the bandwagon and misjudge people who upon superficial glance may resemble Adam in some way. Even on Facebook I heard there's an "Adam Lanza" there who had to publicly announce that he's not the shooter because people have been harassing him!

Yes, I'm quite worried about the stigmatizing that may follow.

BBM. That's quite asinine...:banghead: Anyone who is still active on FB is clearly not the shooter. Even if it was the shooter's facebook, he's not going to care about any nasty comments people leave, is he?

Here's another article about the same hairstylist to Adam.

http://wtvr.com/2012/12/20/adam-lanza-haircut/

"I wish I would’ve killed him then,” he says. “Or he should have killed himself a long time ago. He would’ve saved us all the trouble. … He should’ve run in front of a bus, or some other type of terrible death he should’ve done to himself."

I think this hairstylist has issues with violence himself.

I think he's just in shock at how closely he'd been in contact with the killer. What he says is IMO a natural thought for some minds to have. What if you had your hands with a razor in them actually touching a mass murderer of children. In your mind you'd have to relive that moment and wonder how you could have saved the children. Would you have sacrificed your own freedom by becoming a murderer, if you knew that would save those 20 innocent tiny kids?

I will honestly admit that had I had that much physical contact with a mass murderer I would have similar dark thoughts as the barber. I don't have a violent bone in my body, but some of those tiny souls were shot 11 times and so yes.. I would replay my interactions with him and wonder 'what if', knowing that I don't have to make that choice so relieving me of the burden of actually making it... I would think I wished I had saved those lives by somehow KNOWING what would happen and helping to stop it.

“It would’ve saved all those kids and parents the trouble. I should’ve slipped and stabbed him by accident. It would’ve been a lot better for those people.”

Skuba’s not sure if he cut the hair of any of the slain children. He hasn’t let his mind go there.

I don’t really want to talk about that.

He's tortured by the thought of those small victims, IMO, as we all are. It's so hard to take in.

Do we know if NL's computer was desroyed also or does LE have it?

It looks very much like this photo though ...

http://www.e-cloudy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/adam-lanza.jpg

Can't see how it can be a different AL :waitasec:

What's the source of that photo?

Interestingly, his driver's licence apparently says his eyes were blue, not brown.

http://articles.courant.com/2012-12...219_1_home-computer-investigators-video-games

Other units are tracing the history of the guns used in the attack, while others are interviewing school personnel and students and others are probing the background of the shooter. Lanza had no job, never used social media, seemingly had no friends and rarely if ever had any contact with his brother or father. He did obtain a driver's license in July of 2010, three months after he turned 18, listing him as 5 feet 10 inches tall, with blue eyes and not an organ donor.

Blue or brown?
adam-lanza-school-photo_0_0.jpg

IF those photos were of him, the decline
in how he looked was more recent.
In the last few years...
He looks "normal" there IMO.

Yes, I'm quite worried about the stigmatizing that may follow.

BBM. That's quite asinine...:banghead: Anyone who is still active on FB is clearly not the shooter. Even if it was the shooter's facebook, he's not going to care about any nasty comments people leave, is he?

Apparently he does because on Dec. 14, he wrote and this is public: "Wrong Lanza family, I am not related in any way to the shooter in CT" and his friends and family commented that they loved him and know it's not him and to set his fb page to private.

I tend to agree with you. Given what we're told about Adam, he doesn't make eye contact nor engage people. This person in the pic is obviously engaging and looking directly at the person who is shooting the photo. This kid also has a sense of humor. Does Adam sound like someone who can joke around with others?

Dang, if I were this kid in the pic, I'd be p.o. that people are falsely claiming that I am Adam.

This was also on the brothers FB.

Another interview referencing the custodian (Rick)! All I can figure is he must be in the hospital and the family is keeping his location secret (like the family of the Vice Principal is doing with her location - I need to find that article)

Tales of heroism from Sandy Hook: 'All I was hearing was, pop, pop, pop, pop ... and it wasn't stopping'

Shari Burton, a Sandy Hook teacher's assistant, who called 911 just moments after hearing those first horrifying shots. Tonight, she tells our Griff Jenkins how she kept 16 students safe as gunman Adam Lanza began his cruel killing spree.

BURTON: I called 911, and they said that they had some calls come through already, and they asked me to describe what I was hearing. And at that time, all I was hearing was, Pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop. And it wasn't stopping. And he said, Do you think it's gunshots? And I said, I think it's gunshots.

At that time, I did not realize that our teacher could not lock our door, but she had saw the custodian. She said, Our door won't lock, and he shooed her into our room and she closed the door. And he came back. He stayed in the hallway and he locked our doors.

At one point, someone shook our door, but they didn't say anything, so I don't know who it was. I don't believe the shooter was ever in our side of the building.

I know that our custodian had stayed in our hallway out the entire time. And when the police stormed or came in, I heard the conflict -- you know, he was trying to explain to them that he was the custodian, and I could hear that. I could hear the yelling between the two of them. You know, the police are coming in.

JENKINS: Rick, the custodian, was essentially just standing guard for your classroom.

BURTON: I believe so. Yes. I believe him and Barbara Halstead played a huge part in saving many of the lives.

JENKINS: Barbara is the secretary...

BURTON: She is.

JENKINS: ... who was on the intercom.

ht_adam_lanza_sandy_hook_shooter_nt_121216_wg.jpg

Yeah, the shooter had blue eyes.

I think he's just in shock at how closely he'd been in contact with the killer. What he says is IMO a natural thought for some minds to have. What if you had your hands with a razor in them actually touching a mass murderer of children. In your mind you'd have to relive that moment and wonder how you could have saved the children. Would you have sacrificed your own freedom by becoming a murderer, if you knew that would save those 20 innocent tiny kids?

I will honestly admit that had I had that much physical contact with a mass murderer I would have similar dark thoughts as the barber. I don't have a violent bone in my body, but some of those tiny souls were shot 11 times and so yes.. I would replay my interactions with him and wonder 'what if', knowing that I don't have to make that choice so relieving me of the burden of actually making it... I would think I wished I had saved those lives by somehow KNOWING what would happen and helping to stop it.

Quote:
“It would’ve saved all those kids and parents the trouble. I should’ve slipped and stabbed him by accident. It would’ve been a lot better for those people.”

Skuba’s not sure if he cut the hair of any of the slain children. He hasn’t let his mind go there.

I don’t really want to talk about that.

He's tortured by the thought of those small victims, IMO, as we all are. It's so hard to take in.

I thought it was really irresponsible of him to talk about inflicting violence this way ... I can see where it spurs other people to think this would have been a good idea. How can you so casually talk about killing another person. Or is he just trying to be a tough guy - something we can do without, IMO.

Another interview referencing the custodian (Rick)! All I can figure is he must be in the hospital and the family is keeping his location secret (like the family of the Vice Principal is doing with her location - I need to find that article)

Tales of heroism from Sandy Hook: 'All I was hearing was, pop, pop, pop, pop ... and it wasn't stopping'

Shari Burton, a Sandy Hook teacher's assistant, who called 911 just moments after hearing those first horrifying shots. Tonight, she tells our Griff Jenkins how she kept 16 students safe as gunman Adam Lanza began his cruel killing spree.

BURTON: I called 911, and they said that they had some calls come through already, and they asked me to describe what I was hearing. And at that time, all I was hearing was, Pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop. And it wasn't stopping. And he said, Do you think it's gunshots? And I said, I think it's gunshots.

At that time, I did not realize that our teacher could not lock our door, but she had saw the custodian. She said, Our door won't lock, and he shooed her into our room and she closed the door. And he came back. He stayed in the hallway and he locked our doors.

At one point, someone shook our door, but they didn't say anything, so I don't know who it was. I don't believe the shooter was ever in our side of the building.

I know that our custodian had stayed in our hallway out the entire time. And when the police stormed or came in, I heard the conflict -- you know, he was trying to explain to them that he was the custodian, and I could hear that. I could hear the yelling between the two of them. You know, the police are coming in.

JENKINS: Rick, the custodian, was essentially just standing guard for your classroom.

BURTON: I believe so. Yes. I believe him and Barbara Halstead played a huge part in saving many of the lives.

JENKINS: Barbara is the secretary...

BURTON: She is.

JENKINS: ... who was on the intercom.

God bless Rick, who seems to have been more heroic with every story we hear about him! What a brave, brave man.

He had no criminal record and no one described him being violent prior to the murders.

That doesn't mean he wasn't violent. A lot of victims of abuse do not report their abusers. I also believe he did not become violent over night. I believe he may have been violent towards his mother in the privacy of their own home. They had a very private home life. I believe he did push his mother around and then, like any abuser, would manipulate her into believing it was her fault. Like any victim of abuse, she was afraid to report him. The dynamics are really very different when you are talking about a child abusing their mother vs. a spouse/boyfriend abusing their wife/girlfriend. A mother wants to protect her child more than she would ever want to protect a spouse or a boyfriend.

I understand there are no reports of abuse, but I firmly believe that he was abusive towards his mother in that home.

MOO

Apparently he does because on Dec. 14, he wrote and this is public: "Wrong Lanza family, I am not related in any way to the shooter in CT" and his friends and family commented that they loved him and know it's not him and to set his fb page to private.

Yes, but I meant that the shooter wouldn't care because he's dead. So either you would be harassing a wrong person or a dead person who doesn't give a ****

This was also on the brothers FB.

Thanks, so Adam IS able to connect (sometimes) with other people then!

I do remember reading something yesterday that his old classmates at the the college said Adam did crack jokes... I'll try to find that article.

I thought it was really irresponsible of him to talk about inflicting violence this way ... I can see where it spurs other people to think this would have been a good idea. How can you so casually talk about killing another person. Or is he just trying to be a tough guy - something we can do without, IMO.

Who the heck said he was talking about it "casually"? His entire tone suggested someone tortured by thoughts of dead children. He didn't come across as wanting to sound "tough" at all.

He clearly is working through his pain, and some jerk with a recorder and an online column is making his most intimate emotional processing public. Go ahead and condemn him for the way he's handling shock and pain, if that's what makes you feel better.

I for one understand his desire to have somehow gone back in time and saved those children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astoldbybels