IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
They also had sniffer dogs all over town.

There were very thorough searches.

Inside the homes in addition to door to door general questions of "did you see 2 girls on bikes"?

The longer an arrest takes the longer I'm thinking that IF this person is ever caught it's going to be a huge surprise to the people of Evansdale.

I know some people think I'm crappy for continuing to mention how long an arrest has taken. That's fine. It's of my opinion (and maybe my opinion only) that LE has nothing. I think if prints were lifted, DNA was left, they were "hot on someone's trail" they would have made an arrest by now. I also believe they have all the tests back from the autopsies and have struck out.

Heartbreaking...yes, but that is where I am right now.

I am thinking this is going to be someone that never even came across anyone's mind...someone who would "NEVER do such a thing and how dare we even mention it".:notgood:

What if they did get prints?

What if the prints are from someone in the close circle of family/friends, who would have an excuse to have their prints there? eg. I pumped the tires or set the bikes up properly when they were dumped in the yard once.

That is what I mentioned in the paragraph following the one you bolded...I think you're right. Any prints lifted didn't throw up a red flag...for whatever reason. I think that is exactly the situation...even if they had prints and they WERE already on record it's someone who would have had their hands on the bike and aren't causing any reason for alarm.

or the have no prints or DNA from bikes period.

This is most likely in my mind.

It has been my feeling since the beginning of this case that the girls went missing near the home on Brovan. Probably very soon after the video was captured. I feel that they willingly went into either a home nearby or a business. This was probably a stop they made often when out riding their bikes. Stopping to say hi to a friend, friends parent or someone they felt somewhat comfortable with. I believe it was someone who had been planning for this when the opportunity was "Right" as in no witnesses. I believe that they were invited into either a home (I have a card for you mother - or some other nice ruse) to get them inside for "Just a minute". Then he quickly subdued them. After they were bound and hidden, he quickly ran the bikes to the lake before returning to the home/building and putting them in the trunk and heading to another location.

That is my theory. It was someone familiar to them and their family. Someone they felt comfortable going into either a house or back room of a business. Someone who on that day would not be missed from home or work. Someone with a vehicle which would allow the bikes to be taken to the lake and the girls to be taken from the premises.

That is my working theory, feel free to add to it or pick it apart.

This is a business almost to the corner of Bovan and River Forest, and has 2 large garage bays that doors open up to the street.

http://local.yahoo.com/details?id=16573153&stx=semi+repair&csz=Evansdale+IA

Yes, many pervs that haven't been arrested or discovered yet could live right next door to anyone.

What if they did get prints?

What if the prints are from someone in the close circle of family/friends, who would have an excuse to have their prints there? eg. I pumped the tires or set the bikes up properly when they were dumped in the yard once.

If people are brought in for questioning, does the media usually get a hold of it? Seems like they would, especially if LE brings in someone who is kind of connected to the family, but not really, for instance.

Just wondering if anyone was questioned after forensics would have been back on the bikes.

If people are brought in for questioning, does the media usually get a hold of it? Seems like they would, especially if LE brings in someone who is kind of connected to the family, but not really, for instance.

Just wondering if anyone was questioned after forensics would have been back on the bikes.

They did and they did.

~sbm~

http://www.allnews1067.com/abc_news...minal_Pasts/939E26FCD1C411E1B6E3FEFDADE6840A/

National News
1:30PM July 19, 2012

Jump To:
Related
(EVANSDALE, Iowa) -- In the six days since Misty and Daniel Morrissey's 10-year old daughter Lyric Cook and her 8-year old cousin Elizabeth Collins disappeared last Friday, the Evansdale couple has said they have been questioned so extensively by police that it is now getting on their nerves.

"You tell them the truth and they say, 'You're holding something back,' and you're not. What is left to talk about? You know, we go over and over and over again," Daniel Morrissey told KCCI Des Moines this week. "It made me feel like, 'Yeah, they're looking at me like a suspect.'"...The revelation of Misty's criminal past comes at a time when she finds herself in the national spotlight. In an interview with ABC News Wednesday morning, she said she had talked to the police time and time again as authorities have investigated what happened to Lyric and Elizabeth.

"We've done extensive interviews, hours at a time. We've done polygraphs. We have taken many phone calls, answered many questions," she said. "We've given our phones up. All of our data has been, you know, taken off of our phones. In fact, my sister and my phone is now not – our touch screens aren't working very well. So we've cooperated to the fullest, you know."...Daniel Morrissey, who has a criminal record himself, told ABC News Tuesday that he was trying to keep his emotions in check during this difficult time.

"I'll tell you something about emotions. A lot of people base their decisions off emotions and it doesn't work out too well. They're angry, they make a bad decision, whatever," he said. "So emotions I try to keep control of and keep my head straight. During this time, it's definitely challenging, but I have to keep my mind right."

:waitasec:

Here's my theory on what happened to our little girls:
All of this is pure speculation on my part:

My theory has always been that our little girls knew, on some level, their abductor/murderer.

I have never doubted that the perp is very familiar w/local area.

I think it’s highly possible that the perp didn’t lure the girls to him for a pre-planned abduction.

I think it’s highly possible that he didn’t pick them (or their bikes) up from a street.

I think it’s highly possible that they went to the home/campsite/business of said person that day for an unscheduled visit, perhaps dropping their bikes at back door before going inside. They either walked in and witnessed something really bad going down or perhaps something got badly out of hand w/one of the little girls. (One child may even have arrived and gone inside ahead of the second child who might have stopped along the way to try and visit with a particular friend of hers, but finding nobody home, continued on to where she knew her cousin was going. If this is how it happened, I have no feeling one way or the other as to which little cousin might have arrived first to the scene.)

They would never ride their bikes again.

I have never waivered from my first gut response upon being introduced to this sad case via PEOPLE Mag (August 20, 2012) which stated that the bikes were discovered at a nearby lake, but that the girls weren’t in the lake. My immediate gut response was that the bikes were planted as a “red herring” in order to delay and distract LE from the truth. (LE would be searching the immediate area of the bikes and, not finding the girls, would then think they had drown. And, thinking that they had drown, they wouldn’t be throwing up immediate road blocks on all roads leading to/from Evansdale.)

All of the above is pure speculation on my part.

Hard to say since LE is not in the habit of telling us when they get forensic results back on the bikes or anything else involved in this case.

Which is why the below post is not exactly true.

They did and they did.

~sbm~

http://www.allnews1067.com/abc_news...minal_Pasts/939E26FCD1C411E1B6E3FEFDADE6840A/

National News
1:30PM July 19, 2012

Jump To:
Related
(EVANSDALE, Iowa) -- In the six days since Misty and Daniel Morrissey's 10-year old daughter Lyric Cook and her 8-year old cousin Elizabeth Collins disappeared last Friday, the Evansdale couple has said they have been questioned so extensively by police that it is now getting on their nerves.

<snipped for brevity>

BBM We know that Lyric's parents were under quite a bit of scrutiny from very early on. To assume or suggest they were the focus of this intense scrutiny because of some forensic result associate with the bikes is just plum silly IMO.

There is zero reason to believe that to be true.

Hard to say since LE is not in the habit of telling us when they get forensic results back on the bikes or anything else involved in this case.

Which is why the below post is not exactly true.

BBM We know that Lyric's parents were under quite a bit of scrutiny from very early on. To assume or suggest they were the focus of this intense scrutiny because of some forensic result associate with the bikes is just plum silly IMO.

There is zero reason to believe that to be true.

There must be something that made them accuse Dan of lying.

Note how Drew and Heather were treated. Chalk and cheese.

LE do not harrass and interrogate grieving parents like that just for the fun of it. There must be something that red flagged Misty and Dan, something more than their criminal records as Heather and Drew had records also.

:cow:

Dan is not a suspect.

July 25, 2012

"Investigators have been closely scrutinizing Dan and Misty Morrissey and have subjected both of them to multiple polygraph tests. At the same time, they say they are not considered suspects in the case and are looking into their backgrounds and associates only so as not to discount any possible leads."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/27/dan-morrisey-missing-iowa-cousins-trial_n_1710117.html

On more than one occasion they've said they don't have anyone narrowed down as a suspect. They haven't narrowed it down to even a gender, nor a profile of their killer...nothing.

They haven't named anyone anything at this point. The white van guy at Casey's??...LE also stated he wasn't considered a suspect but wanted him to come in for questioning.

In that, just because LE doesn't necessarily name people as suspects in the media doesn't mean they aren't questioning everyone as if they are a suspect.

Everyone is a suspect to me. And by everyone I mean EVERYONE. I may not choose to sleuth them on here, but I'm not ruling out anyone as a possibility.

There should be some sort of reasoning behind everyone's line of questioning and how they are treated. And by this, I mean people who were repeatedly questioned may not be the people who they should focus on. I feel it's time to stop looking at the obvious and look at those who just "couldn't possibly be capable of such a horrific crime".

:twocents:

Ok...did they do searches of homes near the Collins' home? If the lake involvement WAS staged, then it served it's purpose I'm afraid. I'm just wondering (after further discussion) that the girls were possibly taken closer to home and the bikes possibly taken there after the fact.

If this person did know about Maiden Lane then they would probably have enough time between passer-by's to take a couple bikes and put them there without anyone seeing them.

If that is the case though I'm going to guess LE didn't pull any prints of a prior convict since there would have been a match and an arrest made by now.

My fear is that if LE did pull any prints off the bikes, purse, etc. it's not of someone that would have been "out of place" to have their hands on the bike. Maybe the prints belong to people who would have had reason to touch the bikes and wouldn't throw up a red flag.

I'm hoping LE didn't just search homes close to the lake, but also closer to the Collins' home...and also homes in the areas of the girls sightings. No one seemed to have seen them at the lake regardless of the bike's existence there so searching around the lake could just be giving the perp MORE time.:banghead:

So far as I know, the only homes searched were in the area of the lake.

I think LE had more reasons to concentrate on that area than merely the presence of the bicycles; I think they had more than one witness placing the girls in the area near the lake.

Ollipop, a verified local, said his home was not searched; LE never came to his door. My guess from that is that LE focused on the areas were they had actual witness reports placing the girls there.

There must be something that made them accuse Dan of lying.

Note how Drew and Heather were treated. Chalk and cheese.

LE do not harrass and interrogate grieving parents like that just for the fun of it. There must be something that red flagged Misty and Dan, something more than their criminal records as Heather and Drew had records also.

:cow:

News to me. Link please?

Thank you for the link SS. I always thought it was strange how the family said abduction from the get go and LE would not say abduction. I would err on the side of caution. I do this for everything in my life. I plan for the worst case senario then when it doesn't happen I am good no matter what.

I realize every state, city, etc. is different but I live on the outskirts of a small town that happens to be the county seat. Children do not come up missing here (for very long anyway). When I called 911 for my missing grandchildren, police from everywhere came immediately. Road blocks were set up and every vehicle checked. Abduction never entered my mind! I kept telling LE that my grandchildren would never leeve our yard (acreage). I was right too. They were found in a vehicle on our property embarrassingly close to my house. I should have heard them or something.

My point is - I know my kids. I know their fears, what they like, don't like etc. I think grandma, Heather, and Misty knew the girls better than anyone else did and they KNEW the girls had been abducted. After my experience, if it ever happened again, I would search longer and call neighbors before calling 911 kind of like Wylma did. Wylma called for the girls and when they didn't come she went searching which makes sense to me since Lyric had been late the week prior and had LE called. IMO

The girls are on Nancy Grace. So far I'm seeing a repeat of an interview with Misty. There might be more coming up though. The interview Heather gave on KWWL is also being aired.

The girls are on Nancy Grace. So far I'm seeing a repeat of an interview with Misty. There might be more coming up though. The interview Heather gave on KWWL is also being aired.

I might of missed a bit, but it's done now. They were only on a few minutes at the most. The show is about missing & murdered children.

I might of missed a bit, but it's done now. They were only on a few minutes at the most. The show is about missing & murdered children.

I saw it too. It made me go read up on Lisa Irwin & Ayla Reynolds. So sad. Why isn't there justice for these girls?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member