IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
On more than one occasion they've said they don't have anyone narrowed down as a suspect. They haven't narrowed it down to even a gender, nor a profile of their killer...nothing.

They haven't named anyone anything at this point. The white van guy at Casey's??...LE also stated he wasn't considered a suspect but wanted him to come in for questioning.

In that, just because LE doesn't necessarily name people as suspects in the media doesn't mean they aren't questioning everyone as if they are a suspect.

Everyone is a suspect to me. And by everyone I mean EVERYONE. I may not choose to sleuth them on here, but I'm not ruling out anyone as a possibility.

There should be some sort of reasoning behind everyone's line of questioning and how they are treated. And by this, I mean people who were repeatedly questioned may not be the people who they should focus on. I feel it's time to stop looking at the obvious and look at those who just "couldn't possibly be capable of such a horrific crime".

:twocents:

I'm not accusing Drew in anyway, but the question of "Did he feel guilty?" really shocked me in their long interview. It was so out of left field, imo. Being the caring and good hearted people they are, maybe Drew did hired a shady character in good faith...or became friends with them? I'm sure everyone is a POI to them also. I would be giving everyone in my own, my family's and my friend's circles a good eye-balling until it/they are caught, IMO. It must be pure hell for Drew. The man is obviously emotionally crushed. ((((hugs))))

All one has to do is to look at Drew and see what this has done to him. IMO Heather has had unimaginable faith and strength which has helped hold Drew up. They gave up their phones and computers right away to the FBI. I laughingly told Drew that I'd looked back at every text/email I'd sent him to see if there was anything disgusting in there. He's a very generous boss and often has given his employees multiple chances where others wouldn't. His company has a superb reputation around the area; that's how I first met Drew. We needed a tree taken down and were beyond happy with the job they did. We ran into each other some time later at the local arena where we both play hockey at and have become friends through the last couple years. I have read the many speculations and guesses as to what happened and we can all wear ourselves out throwing them out there. In the end, we may never know what happened... but I'm an optimist and hope that there will be some shred of evidence or someone will slip up and say something. The families of the girls need this solved. Until it is there is a killer/killers out there. Not something that is very comforting to say the least. That said, personally I feel it's someone from around here as 99% of the people in the area would have no idea where 7 Bridges was even located... me included... I'd heard of it but didn't know for sure where it was at. I pray each day that something will happen to lead to justice.

He can be out of there and gone with the girls after about 100 feet between the girls at the gate and the forest near Maiden Lane. All other vehicle access is a much further distance, and much less private. I doubt that he lived there ... as there's no evidence of someone camping in the small forested area around Maiden Lane ... that we've heard from through locals or investigators. Besides, it's private property.

It would, however, be an ideal spot for someone to pull into after abducting two children ... if only to sort out the details, get rid of some evidence, and finalize a plan.

(sorry ... replied before you edited)

Hi, otto! First, let me thank you again for your painstaking efforts and time, time, time, for giving us such amazing and helpful photos, and the other visuals. You have such a talent, and now we all gain in your sharing of it.

My comments on the BBM in your post will be stating the obvious (my comments, not yours!), but if this is what happened -- and it's certainly very, very possible and maybe likely -- and it shouts to me again that doing what you postulate would have to be done by a local -- as many of us have thought from nearly the beginning. It would take some planning -- not much hesitation, "right time, right place" luck, guts, evil intentions, and being fairly sure that no one else was around or able to watch.

Your pics of the gate/drainage pipe area do look spooky to me -- I would not want to enter a place like that; the drainage pipe make it unattractive, and probably scary to two little girls. There's gotta be other places to perhaps share a picture or smoke, or make a phone call to a boy-crush, etc., etc. Maybe they raced there on a bet -- who knoze? A race might be why they did it so late -- knowing that it wouldn't take much time... And someone saw them and followed from who knoze where?

There just doesn't seem to be much that we can regard a fact in this dayam thing.... so frustrating :banghead: and so very, very wrong.
icon9.gif

Do we know if any of he employees at the cabinet shop are "close" to anyone in the girl's family? Besides Tammy and her father's side. Did Misty's bf work there? Anyone know?

I know we have looked and looked, but did we ever find answers to these questions:

1) Why did Aunt Tammy teach the girls about stranger danger just days before their disappearance?

2) Where was Aunt Tammy the morning of the 13th, before she showed up to help look for the girls?

3) Is Aunt Tammy the ONLY person who ever said the girls had been to the lake before to visit Elizabeth's friends? Did Drew and Heather ever confirm?

4) Is Aunt Tammy the ONLY family member to state the dogs put the girls at the lake? (I know Breault mentioned it later)

5) When did Aunt Tammy give Lyric her bike?

6) Where was Aunt Tammy when Lyric and Tammy's 11-year old daughter were missing/late on July 9?

I'm not sleuthing Aunt Tammy -- just trying to figure out the timeline and the whereabouts of all the key players. I don't suspect her of any wrongdoing -- but I think maybe she might know who did this, even if she doesn't realize it. Thanks!

Great post - timely!

It has been my feeling since the beginning of this case that the girls went missing near the home on Brovan. Probably very soon after the video was captured. I feel that they willingly went into either a home nearby or a business. This was probably a stop they made often when out riding their bikes. Stopping to say hi to a friend, friends parent or someone they felt somewhat comfortable with. ......

This might raise an interesting question -

Have there been any "children" the girls knew, especially in the area
where they might have been abducted, ... but who havent been
interviewed because they are "children" ?

This case really bothers me. We don't even know where the girls were abducted. I would prefer to believe that they were abducted near the drainage pipe gate, but when I look at that scenario I can't make it work. Without knowing the personalities of the children, it's difficult for me to understand whether they could have taken off for the lake at the same time that they were expected to go home; whether they would have dawdled near the water knowing that they would be late.

One theory is that they were intercepted on the trail and the purse was tossed over the fence to mislead investigators; to make it appear that the girls went through the gate to the water. Perhaps they were forced to walk the 400 feet East to the end of the fence. If it was the perps intention to intecept the girls at the location between the two fences, why wait until the girls reached the drainage gate, why not grab them closer to the end of the fence? Did the cyclist say that there was blind curve right where the he swerved around the bikes?

What I wonder is ... if it's easily believable that the perp staged the purse, why is it difficult to believe that he also staged the bikes?

"There’s a chain link fence on both sides of the trail. The purse was on the lake-side of the fence, about 10 feet to the east of the bikes and about 2 feet from the fence, officials said."

http://globegazette.com/news/iowa/e...cle_7dbadcc0-cfd1-11e1-b097-001a4bcf887a.html

In terms of a lure, maybe someone told the girls that there was a festival with boat rides going on at the end of the lake. That's the sort of thing children might check out on their own ... without asking permission ... thinking that it will only take a few extra minutes, and then they could maybe go to the festival after lunch. Who knows.

Maybe they were grabbed at the lake.

Hard to say since LE is not in the habit of telling us when they get forensic results back on the bikes or anything else involved in this case.

Which is why the below post is not exactly true.

BBM We know that Lyric's parents were under quite a bit of scrutiny from very early on. To assume or suggest they were the focus of this intense scrutiny because of some forensic result associate with the bikes is just plum silly IMO.

There is zero reason to believe that to be true.

It is inescapable that the parents would come under sever3 scrutiny.
One first question usually asked is: 'why these girls in this family' and
'who do these girls know, or knows them'? Someone close.

Then 'someone close to their lives, daily routine, and the like'. That is
where the route they took may link to the perp.

Poster above says 'the girls may have walked into something going down',
the people could not afford to allow a witness(es) to. A scenario like that
could account for the suddeness of the event ... a drug transaction the
girls walked into, a rape, another murder, ... ? Something serious enough
to warrant what the perp did.

All one has to do is to look at Drew and see what this has done to him. IMO Heather has had unimaginable faith and strength which has helped hold Drew up. They gave up their phones and computers right away to the FBI. I laughingly told Drew that I'd looked back at every text/email I'd sent him to see if there was anything disgusting in there. He's a very generous boss and often has given his employees multiple chances where others wouldn't. His company has a superb reputation around the area; that's how I first met Drew. We needed a tree taken down and were beyond happy with the job they did. We ran into each other some time later at the local arena where we both play hockey at and have become friends through the last couple years. I have read the many speculations and guesses as to what happened and we can all wear ourselves out throwing them out there. In the end, we may never know what happened... but I'm an optimist and hope that there will be some shred of evidence or someone will slip up and say something. The families of the girls need this solved. Until it is there is a killer/killers out there. Not something that is very comforting to say the least. That said, personally I feel it's someone from around here as 99% of the people in the area would have no idea where 7 Bridges was even located... me included... I'd heard of it but didn't know for sure where it was at. I pray each day that something will happen to lead to justice.

Does the average 50 year old know about 7 Bridges Park? I read that at one time the park was popular with organized children's activies/water sports, camps, etc. After the 270 Street bridge collapsed, it was pretty much shut down. Do you know in which year the 270 St bridge collapsed? Maybe someone from Oetwein moved to the Evansdale area. That's what happened with Paige Birgfeld. She was abducted near work and near the sole suspect's current home, and found near the place where that suspect was raised.

It is inescapable that the parents would come under sever3 scrutiny.
One first question usually asked is: 'why these girls in this family' and 'who do these girls know, or knows them'? Someone close.

Then 'someone close to their lives, daily routine, and the like'. That is where the route they took may link to the perp.

Poster above says 'the girls may have walked into something going down', the people could not afford to allow a witness(es) to. A scenario like that could account for the suddeness of the event ... a drug transaction the girls walked into, a rape, another murder, ... ? Something serious enough to warrant what the perp did.

I thought that the parents were all forthcoming about the circumstances. I understood that they wanted to clear that out of the way so that the focus would be on finding the children ... none of them knew what happened or had anything to do with it - at least that's how it looks.

This case really bothers me. We don't even know where the girls were abducted.

Otto I'm in the same boat! Not one certain anything except for that video.

One thing did strike me watching that super-excellent video of the drive
to 7-Bridges or whatever its called... look at the amount of time it took
for that man who knew where he was going to get into the place
near where the bodies were found. Much much more time than I supposed
having never been there. And in htis matter, TIME = RISK to whoever
had the nerve to drive those girls there, plus whatever amount of time
he spent there with the girls. Farms visible from the road in! Maybe if the
girls were taken there at night it's less risk? It just strikes me that the
perp took risk, maybe great risk of exposure by one means or another,
and that to my mind equals super-crazy or guts!

Like the gentleman in the movie said: "no feelings". Such a person might have
a record for animal abuse, child abuse, spousal abuse .... and the like? Someone
literally (as the gentleman said) with "no feelings". Or someone with his life at stake
in some way, because of these girls, and something they may have wandered into
and seen on their ride?

Does the average 50 year old know about 7 Bridges Park? I read that at one time the park was popular with organized children's activies/water sports, camps, etc. After the 270 Street bridge collapsed, it was pretty much shut down. Do you know in which year the 270 St bridge collapsed? Maybe someone from Oetwein moved to the Evansdale area. That's what happened with Paige Birgfeld. She was abducted near work and near the sole suspect's current home, and found near the place where that suspect was raised.

Watch that 7Bridges drive video if you havent seen it - just one page back I think. Pg. 38.
You need to watch that video if you havent!

I thought that the parents were all forthcoming about the circumstances. I understood that they wanted to clear that out of the way so that the focus would be on finding the children ... none of them knew what happened or had anything to do with it - at least that's how it looks.

That is how it looks.

Its beyond words frankly.

I just wish I had better insight into this and could help more -

Otto I'm in the same boat! Not one certain anything except for that video.

One thing did strike me watching that super-excellent video of the drive to 7-Bridges or whatever its called... look at the amount of time it took for that man who knew where he was going to get into the place near where the bodies were found. Much much more time than I supposed having never been there. And in htis matter, TIME = RISK to whoever had the nerve to drive those girls there, plus whatever amount of time he spent there with the girls. Farms visible from the road in! Maybe if the girls were taken there at night it's less risk? It just strikes me that the perp took risk, maybe great risk of exposure by one means or another, and that to my mind equals super-crazy or guts!

Like the gentleman in the movie said: "no feelings". Such a person might have a record for animal abuse, child abuse, spousal abuse .... and the like? Someone literally (as the gentleman said) with "no feelings". Or someone with his life at stake in some way, because of these girls, and something they may have wandered into and seen on their ride?

I don't think that they wandered into something, but the part about the perp having some prior criminal activity rings true. As Morgan Harrington's parents said, no one starts with murdering a child. I have also wondered about animal killings in the area over the last 3 years.

I think that he was very confident that they would not escape during the 20 mile ride, and he knew that 7 Bridges Park would be deserted. Interior door handles may have been removed ... duct tape and plastic ties. I think that care was taken to minimize exposure, similar to the circumstances at Meyers Lake.

I am praying if there are pictures that captured any part of this that they can use it to make a positive I.D. of the monster that did this!:please:

It would be wonderful.

I had no idea such a thing existed.

A helpful little bird told me about them...could it be possible that something more than just deer was caught on camera?

I can't believe how many hidden cameras there are in the world, even in the middle of nowhere it seems.

I don't think that they wandered into something, but the part about the perp having some prior criminal activity rings true. As Morgan Harrington's parents said, no one starts with murdering a child. I have also wondered about animal killings in the area over the last 3 years.

I think that he was very confident that they would not escape during the 20 mile ride, and he knew that 7 Bridges Park would be deserted. Interior door handles may have been removed ... duct tape and plastic ties. I think that care was taken to minimize exposure, similar to the circumstances at Meyers Lake.

You are talking about someone who 'plies his trade'. MUST HAVE SOME
KIND OF RECORD! PRINTS ON FILE! DNA ON FILE? HAS A REPUTATION.
His first child murders? ...... would a veterinarian have seen his work
before or know of him? Has a Facebook page? Is into torture? Word
assosciatation search traced to the Evansdale isp area?

A functioning person or otherwise ... ?

Im looking for tangibles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members