AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you- but why would someone take her phone to Grand Bay? I can see wanting to place her somewhere where it could look like she was running off- but there must be closer places for that. It feels like either she *was* there for some reason, or someone wanted it to *look* like she was - for some reason.

Brittney used to live in Grand Bay, and I'm assuming that she had friends there.

The Last Truck Stop : Michele Whitaker

I saw this last night on ID and I thought of Britney Wood!
It was pretty interesting, this woman is older but she went missing for 6 yrs and finally they found her alive living a new life.

http://investigation.discovery.com/tv-shows/disappeared/meet-the-missing/michele-whitaker.htm

After questioning Shelli's friends, Police find one who had given her a ride to a truck stop on I-85 hours before she went missing. Over the next six weeks fliers would be circulated and searches made in towns across the region. Nothing

Just wanted to add my 2 cents about the whole football angle to this...I honestly don't think that there is any conspiracy going on to hide information or keep things out of the media. There are a LOT of missing persons cases that don't get much media attention at all...and unfortunately, if Brittney were a rich kid with a good upbringing (a la Natalee Holloway), the national media would be reporting on this constantly. At least there are people like the ones in this thread who don't want her to become just another forgotten girl -- too bad she didn't have this kind of support back when everyone knew where she was.

But isn't she related to Alabama star player, or do I have that wrong?

Britt's mom is CW.
CW is a sister to MW, WH, SW and RSW. MW is married to DK.
DK's sister is the football player's mom.

IMOO One would be very naive to think that all members of the media would go above and beyond to keep any kind of scandal that concerns the University of Alabama hush hush. I mean there has to be some members of the media that are Auburn fans and would take this and run with it, right? :waitasec:

One would think.

BW missing is horrible, but the child sex scandal is way more salacious. Who knows what they are thinking. I would love to see some reporting on this from down there, on either case. Since I believe they are tied together.

I agree with you- but why would someone take her phone to Grand Bay? I can see wanting to place her somewhere where it could look like she was running off- but there must be closer places for that. It feels like either she *was* there for some reason, or someone wanted it to *look* like she was - for some reason.

While hoping and praying Brittney is alive and well, I also have a wild theory in my head that she was intending to eventually head to Grand Bay Area for some reason. All speculation, based on her drug of choice: methamphetamine. Suppose she hitches a ride from one of her other two uncles or brother to STYX River area to "make a transaction" with Uncle Donnie for some prescription pills, which she was planning to take to Grand Bay Area to make a transaction for meth. Suppose her driver and Donnie had a confrontation that ended up with Brittney in the crossfire. As a coverup, her driver continues the original plan to Grand Bay, and somewhere along the way, or afterwards, disposes of Brittney. If I'm not mistaken, I believe one of Brittney's brothers was in jail at the time, the other not. Would explain Chessie's inconsistent statements, mourning the loss of Brittney while trying to protect son (maybe brother(s)) for a perceived accidental death during an illegal transaction.

While hoping and praying Brittney is alive and well, I also have a wild theory in my head that she was intending to eventually head to Grand Bay Area for some reason. All speculation, based on her drug of choice: methamphetamine. Suppose she hitches a ride from one of her other two uncles or brother to STYX River area to "make a transaction" with Uncle Donnie for some prescription pills, which she was planning to take to Grand Bay Area to make a transaction for meth. Suppose her driver and Donnie had a confrontation that ended up with Brittney in the crossfire. As a coverup, her driver continues the original plan to Grand Bay, and somewhere along the way, or afterwards, disposes of Brittney. If I'm not mistaken, I believe one of Brittney's brothers was in jail at the time, the other not. Would explain Chessie's inconsistent statements, mourning the loss of Brittney while trying to protect son (maybe brother(s)) for a perceived accidental death during an illegal transaction.

From memory both brothers were detained at the time but up til that part I'm completely with you. I think *someone* carried out the grand bay plan - maybe even with BW but maybe not. Or at least tried to.

BBM -- I wonder what the time limit is? I wonder if they checked this person's phone?? I never even thought of that!

This is a very good point. I've never tried to retrieve anything from a tragic situation (thank g-d) but I'm not too sure that texts can be retrieved, just the phone numbers doing the texting. If that's the case then I think it remains there for awhile as it's a normal phone record (like incoming / outbound calls).

I'm sure there's a way to see text messages that were deleted but I've never heard of it, only #'s that were communicating.

It's great to see so much activity on this thread lately! I love that so many people do care about what has happened to Brittney, and that this has been even though it has been a protracted and frustrating story thus far.
OT- great to see you astrokitty, how is the study going?

Just wanted to add my 2 cents about the whole football angle to this...I honestly don't think that there is any conspiracy going on to hide information or keep things out of the media. There are a LOT of missing persons cases that don't get much media attention at all...and unfortunately, if Brittney were a rich kid with a good upbringing (a la Natalee Holloway), the national media would be reporting on this constantly. At least there are people like the ones in this thread who don't want her to become just another forgotten girl -- too bad she didn't have this kind of support back when everyone knew where she was.

The only school of journalism in the state is at the U of A. Media bias has long been a problem in this state WAY before BW disappeared. I could state many examples dating back to the days of Bear Bryant. It is so entrenched that it's become the norm here. Is it the ONLY factor? No, and I never said it was....but it IS a very big reason that this whole case has been kept on the media back burner. I know that ruffles some feathers, but that's just the way it is here. Journalists like to keep their jobs in a profession that is losing ground already.

There's lots of chatter on private forums, and some photos that are quite interesting, but none of that will be published in mainstream media in this state as the case stands now.

As for Natalee Holloway....CNN made that a world-wide story....not the local media. Her brother, IIRC, called CNN and got someone there interested in her disappearance.

I'm happy to see it always moving (this thread)! Everyday someone says something, even if it's a bump for Brittney. I do try to keep tabs on the reports that come in via their local Fox station through my FB. Has anyone gotten an update on the 2 bodies found at different locations within the last month? I think one was noted as male and one as female, just curious if an ID has been made. I wait each day to hear something, I'm grateful that there is some MSM updates and coverage, as well as those that watch the network being curious too. There's always several that ask about Brittney, she's on the minds of many.

Thank you for asking about school. I return Monday and begin a class I rather avoid altogether but what's new? lol. Hope you're doing well and staying warm, as it's bitter friggin cold here!

Does Auburn not have the Auburn Dept of Communication and Journalism? Troy St. has Hall School of Journalism and Communication. I think Samford in Birmingham has a journalism dept also.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

I went back and found this exchange. IIRC there was some confusion around this time regarding the times, but it is stated that it was a text from most of what I found. HTH

FootballMom's Timeline:

05/31/12 @ 12:07 AM(CST) - Styx River/Wilcox - Allegedly BW's cell phone was used to send a text message off of this tower's location. DH's cell phone was also pinged off this tower during that same time.

05/31/12 @ 01:47 AM(CST) - Grand Bay Truck Stop - Allegedly this location's cell tower is believed to be the last activity from BW's phone and was used to send a text message to a friend who was interviewed by LE but allegedly cannot recall the evening because this person was high at the time

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL- Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #3

Just want to remind everyone that the timeline has been revised. If you've saved a link, please save a link to the new one which is on page 1 of this thread. So sorry for the confusion!

Both texts were made in the early morning hours of May 31, not June 1.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL- Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #3

I'm happy to see it always moving (this thread)! Everyday someone says something, even if it's a bump for Brittney. I do try to keep tabs on the reports that come in via their local Fox station through my FB. Has anyone gotten an update on the 2 bodies found at different locations within the last month? I think one was noted as male and one as female, just curious if an ID has been made. I wait each day to hear something, I'm grateful that there is some MSM updates and coverage, as well as those that watch the network being curious too. There's always several that ask about Brittney, she's on the minds of many.

Thank you for asking about school. I return Monday and begin a class I rather avoid altogether but what's new? lol. Hope you're doing well and staying warm, as it's bitter friggin cold here!

According to the daughter of Nancy Craycraft ( http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/oct/23/missing-pensacola-woman-ar-4812700/) Tests came back today that the remains were those of her mother. She posted this on the Find Nancy FB page. I don't think I can post the link to that page here. If I can please let me know and I will do so.

This is her post:

6 hours ago

On the 19th of December, human remains were found in Florida, close to two critical points in the case. Testing came back today. My mother has finally been found. Hopefully he can be prosecuted. Thank you everyone who shared this page. I will still have the donation fund set up at any first merit should anyone want to help with the final expenses. You need my name Ashley Marie Booth. Thank you for everyone's time. There may still be an update or two on this page, but the case has been solved.

The only school of journalism in the state is at the U of A. Media bias has long been a problem in this state WAY before BW disappeared. I could state many examples dating back to the days of Bear Bryant. It is so entrenched that it's become the norm here. Is it the ONLY factor? No, and I never said it was....but it IS a very big reason that this whole case has been kept on the media back burner. I know that ruffles some feathers, but that's just the way it is here. Journalists like to keep their jobs in a profession that is losing ground already.

There's lots of chatter on private forums, and some photos that are quite interesting, but none of that will be published in mainstream media in this state as the case stands now.

As for Natalee Holloway....CNN made that a world-wide story....not the local media. Her brother, IIRC, called CNN and got someone there interested in her disappearance.

Isn't Natalee's brother younger than her? That's not to say a teenager couldn't call up the national media, but it doesn't seem that likely. Okay it's not a big deal, just wanted to possibly clear that up.

Can someone provide me the names of other missing teenagers from Alabama who received local media coverage? Thank you.

Does Auburn not have the Auburn Dept of Communication and Journalism? Troy St. has Hall School of Journalism and Communication. I think Samford in Birmingham has a journalism dept also.

The University of South Alabama does. My cousin graduated from there and now works for the Mobile Press Register. My daughter also began college with that as her major at USA, I paid the tuition so I'm positive it exist.

As NotPennysBoat said, she used to live there and CW did say earlier that she had friends there. Yes, there could have been closer places to send the text from if you were trying to make it seem like she was running off but maybe not as believable. Also, it establishes some distance. It's not really that far of drive. All interstate.

As I said before, I could be completely wrong. DH and WWH may not have had anything to do with her disappearance but it would be a heck of a coincidence.

http://www.american-school-search.com/colleges/communication-journalism/alabama

Out of the 75 Alabama Colleges, twenty two schools provide Communication and Journalism programs.

The link provides a list of the 22 schools in Alabama.

Isn't Natalee's brother younger than her? That's not to say a teenager couldn't call up the national media, but it doesn't seem that likely. Okay it's not a big deal, just wanted to possibly clear that up.

Can someone provide me the names of other missing teenagers from Alabama who received local media coverage? Thank you.

BBM
I found these teens listed on the Alabama Missing Child Map using info gathered from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) . I've indicated the last seen date, age, and city. I have no idea how much coverage they have received. Brittany Robinson is the only one of the four I've seen on the news.

Maya Ellis
11/18/12 Birmingham 17
Jerica Magee
09/07/12 Birmingham 17
Abrihet Wallace
07/04/12 Birmingham 17
Brittany Robinson
06/14/12 Mobile 14

http://www.missingkidsmap.com/Alabama_Missing_Child_Map.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online