Casey's appeal on the 4 charges of lying to police

One thing I noticed is that they spent very little time on fca and went right back to discussing the Arias case.

I don't understand what I'm hearing or reading.

It sounds to me that they are saying that her written statement is one lie and all of her lies during questioning at Universal is also considered to be one lie. They cannot separate out each lie at each place and charge her accordingly.

Doesn't that still mean that every statement said or written at each place can still be used against her during the ZG suit trial, the ES suit trial and the RK suit trial?

I may be completely wrong with all of this but wouldn't that be considered good news even though it sounds like she's getting out of something?

I don't understand what I'm hearing or reading.

It sounds to me that they are saying that her written statement is one lie and all of her lies during questioning at Universal is also considered to be one lie. They cannot separate out each lie at each place and charge her accordingly.

Doesn't that still mean that every statement said or written at each place can still be used against her during the ZG suit trial, the ES suit trial and the RK suit trial?

I may be completely wrong with all of this but wouldn't that be considered good news even though it sounds like she's getting out of something?

It's a very good thing!! Both the "handcuffed in custody in the car" incident and the Universal "in custody" appeals were denied -

And loosely - two of the Falsehoods were written and two were spoken and were pretty much the same thing so it did amount to double jeoprady - so considered duplicates.

So, the Appeals Court confirmed that FCA is a liar and lied about the details of Caylee's "disappearance".

And FCA can no longer use the 5th in the ZG case.

This is a very good day for Caylee supporters!! A very good day indeed!

And thank you LinTX for posting the ruling in the News thread.

Just read the ruling. The court cannot determine whether the legislature meant that each statement can be a count because they use the term "information" not "statements" in the actual law. Therefore, she lied once at the house, had a break in time to form another criminal intent, then lied again at Universal. 2 counts stand, 2 counts overturned. Same lies in both interviews. Good day.

It's a very good thing!! Both the "handcuffed in custody in the car" incident and the Universal "in custody" appeals were denied -

And loosely - two of the Falsehoods were written and two were spoken and were pretty much the same thing so it did amount to double jeoprady - so considered duplicates.

So, the Appeals Court confirmed that FCA is a liar and lied about the details of Caylee's "disappearance".

You know what scares me? That Casey is going to do one interview (very soon) and then will be a no show for her civil trials. Casey is not going to answer anyone's questions on anyone else's terms except for her own. I honestly believe she will be a no show for the civil trials. I know this isn't the place for that discussion, but I wonder what penalty she would get for being a no show?

ETA: And ironically, I do not care that two of the counts were overturned. At least two still remain. She's still a convicted liar and thief. And she will always be known to have been someone who got away with murder... no matter what that jury said.

Does this mean she can get compensation for the jail time she did because it should have been shorter (according the the appeals court findings), and is she still considered a felon or not? I'm confused.

Of course - he can proceed with the ZG trial and FCA has to testify - no more excuses. Happy Days for Team Morgan.

Won't her attorney's just take the remaining 2 charges to a higher court just to drag this nonsense out? I sure won't be surprised.

MOO

Mel

Does this mean she can get compensation for the jail time she did because it should have been shorter (according the the appeals court findings), and is she still considered a felon or not? I'm confused.

IMHO, no. She was being held in jail because of the charges against her for the disappearance/murder of Caylee and her trial. When she was found not guilty, she spent what...another 12 days in jail (I forgot now). She could have been released on bail if she had the funds - so it's not anything she would be reimbursed for (well maybe 12 days).

And I believe she's still a felon, since lying to police on the 2 counts is a felony. Or is the check charges a felony too (that she pled guilty to).

MOO

Mel

She was held in jail with no bond on First Degree Murder charges for all those years. Had she flippin' told the "truth" about Caylee's drowning in the first place, she may not have spent that much time in jail. If you're talking about the, what was it?, two weeks she spent in jail after being found Not Guilty by 12 people more interested in dessert than the murder of an innocent two-year-old baby... then I don't know? I mean, she never had a job? So she would get no compensation for that.

And yes, she is still a felon. The felony charges were the stolen checks, etc...

...I still can't believe this freak is walking around free.

You know what scares me? That Casey is going to do one interview (very soon) and then will be a no show for her civil trials. Casey is not going to answer anyone's questions on anyone else's terms except for her own. I honestly believe she will be a no show for the civil trials. I know this isn't the place for that discussion, but I wonder what penalty she would get for being a no show?

ETA: And ironically, I do not care that two of the counts were overturned. At least two still remain. She's still a convicted liar and thief. And she will always be known to have been someone who got away with murder... no matter what that jury said.
If she appears on TV and gives an interview, she and her civil lawyers will not be able to argue that her life is in danger and she shouldn't have to testify. This is a hollow victory for her, she has to face the music now, in civil court, with a much lower burden of proof.

...I still can't believe this freak is walking around free.

And she's walking the streets of my State. It's about time another State stepped in and took her. We've had enough. "It's not what your Country can do for you, but what YOU can do for your Country." So come on, all my non-Floridian's. Do something for your Country. Take Casey Anthony.

Won't her attorney's just take the remaining 2 charges to a higher court just to drag this nonsense out? I sure won't be surprised.

MOO

Mel
They could, but risk having the higher court overturn the appeals court ruling and reinstate the original 4 convictions. She will always be a felon and someone that got away with murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back