Identified! CA - Huntington Beach, WhtFem 40UFCA, 18-30, poss name Andrea, Apr'90 - Andrea Kuiper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just from what we can see in that photo; does anyone else think it seems as though Andrea's hair might have been cut in fairly short layers? It looks to me as though there are shortish, different lengths, slightly curly layers of hair beside her ear.

That would make the hairstyle in CarlK's second pic quite accurate, imo.

About the discussion on hair dye. Different people have different hair when it comes to how much color it absorbs. I would definitely have returned to my regular hair color after a year even if it was colored black. I wash out all colors, even the ones that are supposed to be permanent, Andrea could have had similar hair to me. On top of that, her hair is not extremely long and if she was the type of person whose hair grows fast she could have had all or most of the dyed hair grown out. It is not that hard to cut your hair if you have no demands of an elaborate hair style, a pair of scissors and it is done. I cut my own hair from time to time myself and you do not have to look crazy despite of doing so a coroner might not have seen that the hair was cut by an amateur, I don't think people would know that about me either for the most part.

Sorry, I can't post a pic at the moment, but what about Donna Barnhill? I think the young pic is a good match. She could have gained weight in 9 years, and had dental treatment.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

What she couldn't have done is shrunk three inches but I am wondering if the listed height is reliable. The pic doesn't look anything like a 5ft 7inch 13 -year-old to me (more like an 8 year-old) and I get the impression those close to the case may not have been that co-operative.

Sorry, I can't post a pic at the moment, but what about Donna Barnhill? I think the young pic is a good match. She could have gained weight in 9 years, and had dental treatment.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

What she couldn't have done is shrunk three inches but I am wondering if the listed height is reliable. The pic doesn't look anything like a 5ft 7inch 13 -year-old to me (more like an 8 year-old) and I get the impression those close to the case may not have been that co-operative.

Donna Michele Barnhill Marks, Scars: A mole / birthmark on her right arm.

Dentals: Not Available. Prior to her disappearance, she had never been to a dentist.

Thanks, Roselvr. I always miss something. I do wish we could get Andrea identified. Her case makes me so sad because it seems like she was so vulnerable people felt the need to help her, and remembered her. If any of them had known how it would end, I think they would have reached out to try and avert it. So sad.

I'll keep looking. Identifying her is the one thing we can do for her now, and I am really hoping we get lucky.

Thanks, Roselvr. I always miss something. I do wish we could get Andrea identified. Her case makes me so sad because it seems like she was so vulnerable people felt the need to help her, and remembered her. If any of them had known how it would end, I think they would have reached out to try and avert it. So sad.

I'll keep looking. Identifying her is the one thing we can do for her now, and I am really hoping we get lucky.

I thought it was a good choice; sorry was rushed by my daughter before; wasn't able to put my thoughts too.
My 1st thoughts were that that's a darned tall 13 yr old; but she was almost 14. I always question height because I don't feel it gets entered correctly.

The dental work is the biggie. How would she have so much work paid for?

So hard to find anyone with a similar nose. I noticed Donna's is boxier

Attachments

• c3559ec5-ea43-489c-811a-2a498c9f78d9[1].jpg
    c3559ec5-ea43-489c-811a-2a498c9f78d9[1].jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 26f21b83-541f-4681-8ceb-13533005feea[1].jpg
    26f21b83-541f-4681-8ceb-13533005feea[1].jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 2
You're right Roselvr, Andrea's nose is very rounded as well as being upturned. I also just noticed when you posted that little thumbnail, that Andrea's face was longer than I had been thinking. Her round cheeks had made me think she had quite a wide, short face. But she has a high forehead and defined chin so I think her face is actually fairly long, if you know what I mean.

About the discussion on hair dye. Different people have different hair when it comes to how much color it absorbs. I would definitely have returned to my regular hair color after a year even if it was colored black. I wash out all colors, even the ones that are supposed to be permanent, Andrea could have had similar hair to me. On top of that, her hair is not extremely long and if she was the type of person whose hair grows fast she could have had all or most of the dyed hair grown out. It is not that hard to cut your hair if you have no demands of an elaborate hair style, a pair of scissors and it is done. I cut my own hair from time to time myself and you do not have to look crazy despite of doing so a coroner might not have seen that the hair was cut by an amateur, I don't think people would know that about me either for the most part.

This is exactly what I was going to say. My hair doesn't hold color at all. Even when colored at the salon. It just slowly fades back to my natural color (which is light brown with slight red undertones).

there is one thing about the deceased "Andrea" that I find intriguing from a personality standpoint. unfortunately, it is far too common to see homeless people (at least depending on where one lives) yet here this young woman was such a compelling person that a man took pity on her, invited her into his family's home, they fed her and gave her a place to sleep as well as some money for new clothes.

what did this homeless "Andrea" do with the money she got? she actually went to a Goodwill to buy herself some clothing on the cheap. so she did not run out to buy alcohol or drugs but accepted the kindness of strangers and actually used the money as intended.

so it would seem to me that "Andrea" had some decency about her which could indicate that she had a good upbringing. what caused her to leave her home is still a mystery as someone had been paying for expensive dental work for her.

You're right Roselvr, Andrea's nose is very rounded as well as being upturned. I also just noticed when you posted that little thumbnail, that Andrea's face was longer than I had been thinking. Her round cheeks had made me think she had quite a wide, short face. But she has a high forehead and defined chin so I think her face is actually fairly long, if you know what I mean.

If you click on it; it opens bigger.

Did anyone watch My Big Fat American Wedding; Extra Bling- The Stanley Sisters on TLS last night?

What was interesting is that some had similar noses to Andrea.
Another thing that was interesting is that her 14 year old daughter ran away with the 17 year old BF; cops wouldn't do anything to help her get her kid back. She said most girls leave home at 16 to get away from their parents rules.

Where do American gypsies live? They live all over the U.S., but to name a few places, Ohio, Georgia, North Carolina and West Virginia.

Wonder if she was running from a similar life

She definitely has that central European/eastern Mediterranean look going. You see girls like her from Boston to Virginia, especially in the New York/New Jersey area.

Marjorie Alice Knox

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/6270/0/

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2898dftx.html

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/knox_marjorie.html

Missing Since: February 14, 1987 from El Paso, Texas
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date of Birth: January 17, 1973
Height and Weight: 5'2 - 5'3, 115 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Biracial (Caucasian/Asian) female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Marjorie may bleach her hair blonde. She is of Thai descent.
Clothing/Jewelry Description: A purple shirt and blue jeans.
Medical Conditions: Marjorie may have been pregnant at the time of her disappearance, but this has not been confirmed.

I searched this thread and didn't see her listed. It is believed that she may have been a victim of a serial rapist, but she has never been found. I find her resemblance to "Andrea" striking, especially the second picture shown on doenetwork and Charley Project. Her hair and eye color match and her height, weight, and age are within range.

I don't know how to imbed pictures on my iPad. Sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz