Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #36 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nancy talks to Bryan Carr like she is spoon feeding a toddler.

Dr. Drew has a school mate of the defendant's on the phone right now.

iw0iuq.png

Dear Dr. Drew,
When you get people calling into your show wanting Hardcore Phone Sex and to sign up for Sex Texts --- you might want to consider your footer looks like a 1-900 line to the girl in the pic!
Best and Please give me credit for this correction,
A_News_Junkie

Just for fun facts purpose (not trying to be argumentative): The black paint under the eyes is for a purpose. Athletes, specifically football players, put black paint stripes under their eyes to help (their vision) cut/deal with the glare of either the sun, or being under the bright lights.

Debatable;

A 2003 study by Brian DeBroff and Patricia Pahk tested whether black eye grease actually had anti-glare properties. The subjects of the study were divided into three groups: wearers of eye black, wearers of anti-glare stickers, and wearers of petroleum jelly. The subjects' vision was tested using an eye chart while being exposed to natural sunlight. The study concluded that eye black reduced glare of the sun and improved contrast sensitivity, whereas commercial anti-glare stickers and petroleum jelly (the control substance) were found to be ineffective.[2] However, the study was flawed because the subjects were aware of which substance was applied, introducing demand bias, i.e., the test subjects could have unconsciously changed their responses during testing based on the fact that they knew which substance they were wearing. Also, the petroleum jelly could have introduced glare that would not occur on natural skin and the study did not test a control condition of natural skin.

A study by Benjamin R. Powers at University of New Hampshire,[3] which improved on DeBroff's methodology, found eye black to reduce glare from the sun in females and in those whose eye-color was not blue. The study also tested males and blue-eyed subjects, however the results were not statistically significant (probably due to a smaller sample size of those test subjects). Some testing was also performed indoors under artificial lighting (when inclement weather prohibited outdoor testing), however, those results showed little difference and were not statistically significant. The Powers study was not a double-blind study because those in contact with the test subjects knew which substance was applied. Also, the eye tests were performed at a distance of only 1.15 meters. As of 2013, further study is needed to conclusively determine eye black effectiveness.

Some athletes, particularly at the college level, began a practice of placing short messages on their eye black, most notably Tim Tebow who used Bible verse references. However, this practice was banned on April 14, 2010, when the NCAA Playing Rules Oversight Panel (PROP) approved a proposal effecting "that players are not allowed to have any symbols or messages on their eye black starting in the 2010 season."[4]
[edit]

Eye black - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Did I really just hear NG say "bootyh*le* ???

Will wonders never cease...

Try to get your head around this. You don't "feel" things. Not happiness. Not sadness. Not anything really. The only things you are capable of "feeling" is self-preservation. Looking out for number one - you. Why do you mimic? Because there is no compass within you to say "don't do this - it's not right" or conversly "do this -it's the right thing to do". So without any compass whatsoever, what do you do? You seek a compass. You look for people who seem to know and understand what to do. And you mimic them. You copy them. You follow along. AND it WORKS!

Good piont. as well as she had no female friends, she attached herself to Travis and became friends with his friends. None of her own. Very creepy

Dear Dr. Drew,
When you get people calling into your show wanting Hardcore Phone Sex and to sign up for Sex Texts --- you might want to consider your footer looks like a 1-900 line to the girl in the pic!
Best and Please give me credit for this correction,
A_News_Junkie

Best laugh I've had all day!

Debatable;

A 2003 study by Brian DeBroff and Patricia Pahk tested whether black eye grease actually had anti-glare properties...

Debatable that it works or debatable whether that was the impetus?

Debatable;

A 2003 study by Brian DeBroff and Patricia Pahk tested whether black eye grease actually had anti-glare properties. The subjects of the study were divided into three groups: wearers of eye black, wearers of anti-glare stickers, and wearers of petroleum jelly. The subjects' vision was tested using an eye chart while being exposed to natural sunlight. The study concluded that eye black reduced glare of the sun and improved contrast sensitivity, whereas commercial anti-glare stickers and petroleum jelly (the control substance) were found to be ineffective.[2] However, the study was flawed because the subjects were aware of which substance was applied, introducing demand bias, i.e., the test subjects could have unconsciously changed their responses during testing based on the fact that they knew which substance they were wearing. Also, the petroleum jelly could have introduced glare that would not occur on natural skin and the study did not test a control condition of natural skin.

A study by Benjamin R. Powers at University of New Hampshire,[3] which improved on DeBroff's methodology, found eye black to reduce glare from the sun in females and in those whose eye-color was not blue. The study also tested males and blue-eyed subjects, however the results were not statistically significant (probably due to a smaller sample size of those test subjects). Some testing was also performed indoors under artificial lighting (when inclement weather prohibited outdoor testing), however, those results showed little difference and were not statistically significant. The Powers study was not a double-blind study because those in contact with the test subjects knew which substance was applied. Also, the eye tests were performed at a distance of only 1.15 meters. As of 2013, further study is needed to conclusively determine eye black effectiveness.

Some athletes, particularly at the college level, began a practice of placing short messages on their eye black, most notably Tim Tebow who used Bible verse references. However, this practice was banned on April 14, 2010, when the NCAA Playing Rules Oversight Panel (PROP) approved a proposal effecting "that players are not allowed to have any symbols or messages on their eye black starting in the 2010 season."[4]
[edit]

Eye black - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks for the info ... Very interesting.

I do believe the purpose for it was the belief that it worked, not that it actually did.

I think it looks "hot"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am betting that they are done at the end of the tomorrow to leave the jury with it for the long break

(and I think the defense is dragging it out to ensure this)

:twocents:

That is exactly what I think they have planned...drag this nonsense out, then blast the murder right before the end of day-leave it with the jurorsa to think over for the four days off.:furious:

I am betting that they are done at the end of the tomorrow to leave the jury with it for the long break

(and I think the defense is dragging it out to ensure this)

:twocents:
Probably. I mean, how much longer can jump back and forth between the years and events. They've dragged it out to nauseam. Enough already! Even the jury must be thinking _ "we get your point!". Tomorrow should be it - we hope! It's likely she "blacked out" for most of it.

Waiting for cross!

TaRazza, if you have a smartphone, you can use the live feed and listen to it on the road. That's what I do at work (it helps me concentrate, believe it or not).

And I agree! This forum keeps it light and I have laughed out loud so much in the past few days reading this forum.

I always have trouble getting it on my phone. Is there a specific link that works best on the smart phones? I always haul butt from work to home in the afternoon hoping I don't get caught in traffic and hoping I dont miss anything. (Kind of wish I had missed the past couple of days ..yawn zzzz)
TIA!

Shaken with fear like when she was calling LE? talking to the detective? Attending the memorial? Dry humping her alibi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:floorlaugh:
'Dry humping her alibi'....!!!!??
:floorlaugh:

You made my day....thank you....

HA! She wants to be seen as soooo harmless. A tiny little chihuahua assassin with knives and guns.
She chose the wrong doggie in which to describe herself shaking. My little chihuahuas make big service men stop in their tracks (when thinking they are protecting me!).

I can just her growl that chihuahua growl and show her teeth right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname