jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #49 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it so odd that she uses the term "courting".

I'm way behind, but this is what I thought of when I heard that:

What is Domestic Violence?

Domestic Violence refers to the victimization of an individual or individuals resulting from abuse, attacks, or assault undertaken by their respective partners within the realm of a romantic relationship or courtship....

She's been reading a lot of domestic violence literature, imho. It's a term still used there, pretty often. Often enough that I remembered hearing it in that context.

I can't really think of any other context you still hear it in? The Amish? Maybe it was a Mormon term, actually. Can any of our Mormons say whether 'courting' is still a term in use today?

http://domestic-violence.laws.com/domestic-violence-hotline

Did you ever watch her nightly video diary? :what:

No? Seriously? Wasn't she a peds nurse? Neonatal intensive care? Iirc Lots of people thought she was innocent and couldn't believe she could lift him...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was trying to see the "Really Right Stuff" ad. ;-) I only subscribe to 1, Outdoor Photographer. :)

ja thought she'd outsmarted everyone with her code/writing in near the spine of the magazine.
At the beginning of every school year I wrote my name on page 88 near the spine of my school books in case they were stolen. She will probably say she was just marking her territory!

:waitasec: HTH did JA pay for anything? manicures, brazillians, hair color, gas, car, rent, clothes, vacations, cameras, etc? Everytime I look, she's working as a waitress in the daytime...not much money there.

Exactly.

Heres a better link where you can listen to it on youtube. This part of the song is a hidden track that only comes on the album..

You Oughta Know Hidden Track-
Alanis Morissette jagged little pill hidden track ~ with lyrics - YouTube

Jodi Travis Phone Call-
http://tindeck.com/listen/ujaw

I am so creeped out by this. Back in the day, I thought this was beautiful and sad....now...ugh...I don't post much on the JA threads because I can't keep up but this really hits home to me...I never thought of this as creepy, just sad and poignant. If you look at this in respect to this case, big yuck. Another mundane thing that JA has tainted. She's just a bit younger than me...everyone I know that is my age had this CD. :( ARGH.

ETA: I was engaged to/married to my high school sweetheart at the time. It always made me sad to think of my girlfriends who had bad experiences with those guys they "so loved" then, who we can't remember their names now. We were about 20 at the time.

:waitasec: HTH did JA pay for anything? manicures, brazillians, hair color, gas, car, rent, clothes, vacations, cameras, etc? Everytime I look, she's working as a waitress in the daytime...not much money there.

Having men pay for everything?

I cannot see a steady source of income either unless there are legitimate jobs we haven't heard of.

:waitasec:

I'm way behind, but this is what I thought of when I heard that:

She's been reading a lot of domestic violence literature, imho. It's a term still used there, pretty often. Often enough that I remembered hearing it in that context.

I can't really think of any other context you still hear it in? The Amish? Maybe it was a Mormon term, actually. Can any of our Mormons say whether 'courting' is still a term in use today?

http://domestic-violence.laws.com/domestic-violence-hotline

It's also very common in conservative Christian circles and Mormons.

No? Seriously? Wasn't she a peds nurse? Neonatal intensive care? Iirc Lots of people thought she was innocent and couldn't believe she could lift him...

One of the news shows...48 Hours maybe? ...gave her a camera to do a video diary while she was in trial . So every night she gave her little account of her day. Right up until the moment she was convicted.

Yes she was a fertility clinic nurse. Her boss, the Dr. was her lover for years. Their first sexual encounter involved her at 9 mths pregnant giving him oral sex under the desk at work. He had to testify to that.

She sure did do it. She forged prescriptions for drugs to sedate him before she shot him then dismembered him, the whole nine yards.

Mr Swamp does not get interested in my cases either. However, my son and his gf who is also an avid WS'er (aka askfornina) are staying with us for about 2 weeks so I have someone in house to share all of this trial with.

We have watched some of the trial and have mutually neglected Mr Swamp and my son during crucial moments. At one point I even offered Mr Swamp $10 to go away and leave us alone and buy his lunch because he was interrupting us by expecting lunch.

My son is resigned to his fate and his gf has trained him well about how to behave when an important trial is happening! Good job !!! I am proud of her and was so thrilled when I found she was an avid WS'er like me.

I am on the floor. It's the last 10 days I have had house guests. the last Sat with my sister. They think I am crazy crazy. But I think they are crazy for going up on a mountain when it is 37 degrees!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

We discussed Anita Richman and the other Katie showing up on dr. Drew last night in braids...with tootsie pops. Horrible, just horrible. Then HE had the tootsie pop! :what:

You know his wife would not let him in the door last night until he PROMISED he left the tootsie pop in the car.

And Dr. Drew acts like he just fell off the turnip truck. He was incredulous that Jodi wouldn't follow the "rules" of jail and try and pass messages. His cohost made fun of him for it.

But, why would that matter? She has already admitted to driving right after she murdered him and that she had blood on her clothes.

I'd LOVE to see someone come in and testify that they colored her hair.

I'd also love to have this Matt guy and maybe Daryl testify that she had sex with them on her way to visit Travis.

I want to see some of her obvious lies pointed out, as Juan is doing now.

She admitted to supposedly having blood on her hands and that she had lost her shoes but I did not hear her mention anything about her clothes which I thought was odd. I think she may have cleaned herself up before leaving Travis' place. Of course her clothes are probably long gone along with the rope, gun, knife and shoes.

At the beginning of every school year I wrote my name on page 88 near the spine of my school books in case they were stolen. She will probably say she was just marking her territory!

Hey hey! That's my thing! Lol

One more witness that day for those of you who are busy googling:

Alan Kreitl

They were actually trying to stop the trial?! So all this thus far I have to assume would have been for nothing. :what:
Defense attorneys never cease to amaze, and I worry about our government wasting our tax dollars.

No. They were trying to temporarily stop the trial until the higher court ruled on whether she is still death penalty eligible based on the conflict between the testimony of Flores and the ME about which came first, the gun or the knife.

Seems to me she robbed or borrowed from Peter to pay Paul

pssst...I posted a Bombshell Tonite on the court observer thread about Janine Driver responding to me on Facebook. :great: Another one I appreciate. And looks like she might try to get to the trial. I'd love to take her to dinner and pick her brain.

We discussed Anita Richman and the other Katie showing up on dr. Drew last night in braids...with tootsie pops. Horrible, just horrible. Then HE had the tootsie pop! :what:

Really OMG that is so tacky. This should not be treated like a joke on national tv. I'm sure it's painful enough for the family to sit there and hear this exploitation of Travis but for a show that is suppose to be professionals acting like that is awful.

She admitted to supposedly having blood on her hands and that she had lost her shoes but I did not hear her mention anything about her clothes which I thought was odd. I think she may have cleaned herself up before leaving Travis' place. Of course her clothes are probably long gone along with the rope, gun, knife and shoes.

Looking forward to JM getting to that point and seeing what grains of truth might accidentally peek out from her lies.

Well, the better half is mad at me for being so interested in this trial. I told him I would not lurk on this forum over the weekend. I am going to have major withdrawals (sp???).
He keeps saying - 'why are you so interested, it is so cut and dry'. Good question but I am totally addicted. I am sneaking a few lurks in while I can.

Don't feel alone, my DH doesn't understand either. I think men like him are just in a different world, they just can't help it, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyhen