jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #49 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the package she brought to Darryl some of Travis' journals?

I wish Juan would have said what it was she went back to Brewers to give him. Inquiring minds need to know!! I'm wondering at what point he will tell us, if at all.

You need to be careful and maybe let your local police department know he is as a potential stalker. They really do like to know these things. Patrol would be aware of it and possibly they could have his plate number to keep a watch for him. It's possible they may already know who he is.

This is scary. jmo

Katie.. my concern is that you have just posted this here and is not good. compare this to the posting on his blog about gold diggers excetera which send Jodie over the edge.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Originally Posted by SusieD
That's pretty believable. Out of all the scenarios I came up with for why that camera was there w/ the pictures deleted, I never even thought to add the Jodi-rage/spite factor.

I bet he told her he bought the camera for Cancun, it was new and just taken out of the box.

The whole murder was because of rejection rage, IMO
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ouch! SusieD and 'bunny. I never thought about what an insult that was for her.

What a slap in the face to Arias the professional photographer. A very nice camera -- brand new, just in time for Cancun, as you say -- Unh-unh, don't be ugly to Jodi about what SHE knows so much about, and has worked ever so hard to become really good at doing. "You do not do this to me." That may have been just the thing to set her off -- he didn't even (as far as we know or have been told) ask her to help him select one or to make a recommendation for which one to buy. "What a lot of nerve. I'll show him and that goody-two-shoes Mimi. Neither one of them will go to Cancun -- I'll make sure of that!"

Thanks for that idea. Ouch! again...

although didn't she claim to advise travis on what camera is good?

Then i saw on a show that it was a male friend that advised him.

She's a delusional sociopath in every sense.

Someone researched it and it turned out to be Suntan lotion. I guess she was hoping, because she was already packed for a vacation, that Travis would change his mind and take her to Cancun with him. I wish he had and left her there. jmo

Oh thanks! I missed that!

Just remembered yesterday in court at the very beginning of the day I saw Juan Martinez carry a largish brown paper wrapped package from the evidence table to his desk. I wonder what that was.

WOW!! Somebody posted this link and I'm just now reading it:

http://pathwhisperer.wordpress.com/...earch-today-how-to-cross-examine-a-sociopath/

(I apologize profusely to whoever posted it originally and want you all to know that they deserve the credit!)

Here's some snippets:

In trying to answer “How to cross-examine a sociopath?” I’m aiming at jarring the sociopath into revealing their true self.

All sociopaths are in a state of arrested development. Try to figure out where personality development stopped (from 8 to 12, I suppose) for that individual. Target your approach for that age.

I concluded that the self control of a sociopath is only relative, that it is difficult for them and can slip at any time under the right pressure.

Show as much disrespect as you can get away with.

Sociopaths are very elemental. Such simplistic tactics as having someone stare at them can be very unsettling for them.

Find a way to call out a sociopathic party or witness for fake tears and grief.

Definitely worth the read.

ETA: Be sure and read the comments after the article. One talks about getting a sociopath to blow up on the stand by calling them stupid, and another suggests laughing/sneering at them.

no problem..it was me. I found it highly informative as well!!

THAT'S one I DID figure out!!
When your post shows, you can see who you're quoting, and there is a little arrow after their name. Click on that button, and it will go back to the post that quote came from.

I'm SO proud of myself - I got at least THAT button figured out!

OH Tap talk - disregard - sorry.

Wow! Thanks for that JJ - I have been writing down the page number before I 'quoted'. And here I thought I was so tech savvy. :floorlaugh:

A simple x-ray could definitively rule out her story if it shows her finger had never been broken. It wouldn't prove the prosecution theory of a torn tendon ON June 4th but it could definitively prove she is a liar about January 22. It's highly likely that because the defense has produced no x-ray that an x-ray would help the prosecution by proving her deformity is not from a broken bone (and is very likely boutonniere's deformity resulting from a cut tendon).

yes, but since she never got medical attention, she could just say 'well, i THOUGHT it was broken. i didn't know it was a tendon. i sure knew SOMETHING was wrong with it.'

the problem is, she never did anything about that finger. but to me, just that fact alone is very telling.

I thought the exact same thing.

But I think maybe Darryl gave her a credit/debit card to use to pay for the nails and hair and afterwards she had to return the card to him. IDK

Maybe there are records of Darryl's card being used for payment? I just don't understand why she would need to go back to Darryl's house to return something.

JMO

Did she say she paid him back - or return those gas cans? Have i got the right guy?

Did she think she had a good day against JM, getting the best of him at each & every turn, or does she think he scored a couple of points? Does she really think that she is that superior to him in the court room, or is she shaking Rin her boots and dreading the next day's grilling. <smh>

Respectfully snipped by me.

This is one of the more confusing facets of her behavior IMO (yeah, I know everything about her is confusing LOL!).

On the one hand, yes, she comes across as arrogant, smug & superior and clearly thinks she's making JM look bad and is scoring points off of him. OTOH, she did admit that she was "over her head" when she tried to act as her own lawyer. That doesn't seem like something a typical sociopath would do. The fact that her attorneys made that filing yesterday still trying to get the death penalty off the table, my guess is they can't do that without her consent. I just can't get a read on her. I go back and forth between the sociopath diagnosis and borderline personality disorder. Maybe she's some weird mixture of the two.

I thought the exact same thing.

But I think maybe Darryl gave her a credit/debit card to use to pay for the nails and hair and afterwards she had to return the card to him. IDK

Maybe there are records of Darryl's card being used for payment? I just don't understand why she would need to go back to Darryl's house to return something.

JMO

Does this mess up our timeline? Was it taken into account that she spent several hours there, or is there another point (gas stop) that the drive time was calculated from?

Which Mall? Her story is she caught him on Jan 21? Yet she sent the pamphlets to him IN THE MAIL on what date?? I got the impression she had already moved by the time she says she sent them, or did she send him TWO?

WTH?? there are pamphlets out there for pedophiles? wow. how does that work, i wonder? you read it and it says 'don't molest children' and you just stop doing it?
i must've missed what she said about these pamphlets. did she elaborate on what they said?

A simple x-ray could definitively rule out her story if it shows her finger had never been broken. It wouldn't prove the prosecution theory of a torn tendon ON June 4th but it could definitively prove she is a liar about January 22. It's highly likely that because the defense has produced no x-ray that an x-ray would help the prosecution by proving her deformity is not from a broken bone (and is very likely boutonniere's deformity resulting from a cut tendon).

To me, this whole conversation is moot. she is not a doctor, she said she did not see a doctor, so she could be wrong and say it broken. but it was not. there for all they could prove it is her self diagnosis is wrong. So the whole thing to me does not matter. moo

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I do wonder what she really thinks when she gets off the stand. She certainly seemed very proud of herself while she was sparring with that mean ol' Juan Martinez, didn't she?! And that little smile she had and then lowered her head so that it would not be seen, when she was on the stand, is so sociopathic/psychopathic, it's textbook. "Yes, folks, I'm winning -- I knew it would be easy, easy, easy."

What does she think when she is lying in her cot at night in the jailhouse? I wonder the same about each defendant when I watch trials. What are they really thinking? Are they worrying or smirking?

Did she think she had a good day against JM, getting the best of him at each & every turn, or does she think he scored a couple of points? Does she really think that she is that superior to him in the court room, or is she shaking in her boots and dreading the next day's grilling. <smh>

She is proud of her performance. She loves being the center of attention and feels like a star - especially now on TV worldwide.
JMO

JMO

One other creepy thing.

Last December when I wrote him "you will not contact me again" email what I got back was this:

Thank you very much. Understood and respected.

Thank you? Thanking me for being a cold beeyotch. Respected? He showed up at a concert he knew I'd be at a week later.

He was thanking me just for the response. This is how their mind works. They want ANY attention. Jodi was like this too w/ Travis. I'm sure she relished ALL the negative attention.

Ignoring is so hard when they are flying around you like a gnat. SHE was so much worse, breaking in to his house, following him, using sex, contacting his friends and girlfriends etc. etc. etc. He was inundated with this nonsense trying to be a good person. I'm sure ashamed of his weakness and she used that at every turn to manipulate him.

This kind of behavior just needs to be headed off at the pass IMMEDIATELY...and Debecker says that over and over again...listen to your gut feeling and ACT on it!

That is just scary! You handled it so well and I really hope this stops before you have to take further action! I will definitely be buying that book for all three of my daughters and nieces. Thank you for sharing your experience and the book suggestion! XO

PS: I haven't had a chance to thank you for all the updates about your court experiences, so THANK YOU!!! I'm in Cali and so wish I could be there to watch it! I really enjoy reading about all the insightful observations you and the others provide! It's even gotten my husband interested in the case. =)

I wonder if for Jodi that would be around age 7 when she said her life started to change?

I'm thinking Mom had another child and suddenly there were no more trips to Disneyland because Mom was probably tied up with the baby and Dad was busy trying to run, what 6 or 7 restaurants? They were unable to fill her needs that put her in the center of all their focus. She became the older sister and had to be an example to the younger ones. My guess is she resented all the children born after her because the focus was not on her anymore. It happens a lot with children but most of them grow out of the resentment of a younger sibling. jmo

But! She can't be a sex worker in the Mormon community. But she is so devious she would probably relish doing it under their noses, without their knowledge. the stretched-out *advertiser censored*.
(my bad)

IMO if she was a sex worker she would have had plenty of money! Even stripping would have been enough to cover all her bills and she wouldn't have needed to borrow money and mooch all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is such a great catch and I feel certain we will hear more about this.

But what about the two boxes of hair dye?

perhaps she wanted to save money by bringing her own dye.
some lower end salons will allow a customer to bring in their own bought color.

If anything JA is definately cheap.

eta-forgot it was sunscreen and not dye!!! ~thanks to those for remembering!~

Please can someone tell me how Mr. Brewer is involved with this case? I noticed in the last few minutes of court that on her way down to Travis' she stayed overnight at Matt's then she went to see Mr. Brewer. According to Jodi, she left from Mr. Brewer's place to go to Salinas to get her nails done. JM questions her twice the name of the place (making me believe he knows the name of it), and if they did hair. Of course she cann't remember. Then JM goes into how she went back to Mr. Brewers to return something (which is about a 1/2 hour drive) of course again she cann't remember if she went back to return something. Is it possible that she did get her hair done in Salinas (not her nails) and oops Mr. Brewer noticed the changed hair color? Also is it possible that she mentioned the name of the place it was done, and the prosecution has gotten records from the place proving it was hair that was done, not nails?

I wondered why Darryl was not asked about Jodi's hair color, by either the defense or prosecutor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pgam