GUILTY MN - Kira Trevino, 30, St Paul, 22 February 2013

Am I reading the news articles right? Mall security noticed her car at 4 am Monday and notified police? had she been reported missing before then? Surely they would have found her car sooner if she had been reported missing Friday, right? Am I missing something here?

I'm reading it the same way.

They found the car and reported to police but nothing was done, since it wasn't suspicious.

Sent from my HP Touchpad

I have a feeling that with all of the cameras we'll have a break in the case soon. Unless, of course, LE wants to keep it close to the vest. We should at the very least know fairly soon if it was foul play.

I wonder if her car was planted there to make it look like she arrived & something happen to her,but in reality she never made it to the mall.The person who did it may have forgot about the cameras.I agree with the poster above,the cameras are going to be key!

I moved away from Minneapolis about eight months ago but would frequent the mall when I was there. One time while I was there to shop, there was an event happening in one of the rotundas inside the mall, which made parking extremely difficult. I had to park in a far away location. When I came back to my car, it was dark, most of the cars had left, and the overhead lights closest to my car weren't working. I cannot tell you how vulnerable I felt. Yes, there might have been cameras to pick up any potential foul play, but there was no way to prevent a potential crime. It was so scary. Traversing those huge ramps as a woman at night is frightening.

I hope she's ok, but I'm afraid I know which direction this case is heading. As someone else said, how many times have we seen this?!

If the mall does have that many security cams, I hope whatever happened is caught on tape.

When was she reported missing to the police? The articles say she didn't show up to work on Friday after leaving her home. Car was found Monday (yesterday). But when was the missing persons report filed?

I'm not understanding why the security officers found her car parked there unusual, so much so that they called the police. The articles state her car was on a ramp....but the photo provided shows a parking spot. :waitasec:

I'm not understanding why the security officers found her car parked there unusual, so much so that they called the police. The articles state her car was on a ramp....but the photo provided shows a parking spot. :waitasec:

No, the photo is definitely of the parking ramp/garage. It abuts the highway (Highway 77/Cedar Avenue). That spot is as far away from the mall entrance as you can get.

No, the photo is definitely of the parking ramp/garage. It abuts the highway (Highway 77/Cedar Avenue). That spot is as far away from the mall entrance as you can get.

So "ramp" just means garage then? But why would security officers call police about it? Was it just there for days? Would they not call a tow truck before calling police? Just trying to figure this out...sorry.

So "ramp" just means garage then? But why would security officers call police about it? Was it just there for days? Would they not call a tow truck before calling police? Just trying to figure this out...sorry.

Since the mall isn't open 24 hours a day, I'm sure they don't allow overnight parking. MOO

Since the mall isn't open 24 hours a day, I'm sure they don't allow overnight parking. MOO

I get that but I have the same question as the OP- what warranted a call to the police instead of just a tow company? I wonder if that is standard procedure or if there was something in particular that prompted security to call police?

On the findkira page a person that works next to Kira says that the car was backed in perfectly into the parking space. The family says that Kira doesn't normally park that way. Also that there are no cameras in the area that she parked.

IMO backing into a space is mostly a male habit....yes I do sometimes for different reasons...but I see more males do this than female...as a whole....

Couple of questions I thought about: How long has Kara been married? Is she using her maiden name as a professional name? I just find it odd that her maiden name is used on one form of social media while her married name is on another.

ETA: Looks like according to JT's FB there's a photo with Kira in the same hairdo and dress as in the missing poster from July 2010.

I can also verify that specific spot as true with a video of LE. The picture has "Aisle F" marked next to that spot and there's an "Aisle F" in the video (http://www.kare11.com/news/article/1012963/391/Car-of-missing-St-Paul-woman-found-at-MOA-) at .37 seconds in.

So on that video her sister says that they haven't heard anything from her since late Thursday evening....I wonder when her husband says he last saw her? She worked Thursday night....so I'm wondering what the circumstances are....

Did anyone find when exactly she last seen by her husband...or that he says he last saw her?

On the findkira page a person that works next to Kira says that the car was backed in perfectly into the parking space. The family says that Kira doesn't normally park that way. Also that there are no cameras in the area that she parked.

IMO backing into a space is mostly a male habit....yes I do sometimes for different reasons...but I see more males do this than female...as a whole....

OT, but my wife likes to back into spaces, and I never do:twocents:

Where is her husband - seems to be absent from media...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24
Back