CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though I posted it, it does seem a bit farfetched, because part of the conspiracy would have to be knowing beforehand the quality of video for the cam in the elevator. So that the viewer couldn't distinguish between Elisa and a stand-in.

But a conspiracy doesn't have to involve the police. They could have been duped as well.

Even though I posted it, it does seem a bit farfetched, because part of the conspiracy would have to be knowing beforehand the quality of video for the cam in the elevator. So that the viewer couldn't distinguish between Elisa and a stand-in.

But a conspiracy doesn't have to involve the police. They could have been duped as well.

I like "what if". Fun game.

What if she really was this nice girl from a nice home that was randomly killed by a and dumped into a watertank. What if she had a rare and very contagious strain of TB that can survive in water?

Well, that would explain why they searched for a body so soon. That would explain why her name is the opposite of the test for a particular strain of TB that can survive in water. (Elisa Lam = Lam Elisa)

That would explain why the FBI sent agents with a listing of over 4,500 people to "talk" to about a possible TB infection. TB has always been around Skid Row, but why now are the FBI suddenly interested?

It's interesting.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the dark marks visible to the left of the cistern hatch in this photo?
6s0FuJT.jpg

Note that the marks are absent in this later photo:
wlj8NPm.jpg

There could be an innocuous explanation for those marks. Perhaps they were created on the day of the body's discovery; they look greasy, so perhaps the maintenance man (or subsequent investigators) dirtied it by resting tools or their own appendages on it.

But what if the marks were already there before the gruesome discovery was made? Possible evidence of a struggle (or more sinister labours), left unwittingly at the scene (or even unknowingly, if it was too dark to see the marks)?

If they were left by a perpetrator, they could yield valuable information. But that's a big "if". This is all speculation, of course, but the presence of those marks -- and their absence in later photos -- is truly food for thought. Thoughts, anyone?

Edit: Perhaps the marks were left by someone completely uninvolved with the case, but I'm inclined to doubt it. Why only that cistern (as far as I can tell), and why only near the hatch?

Does anyone have any thoughts on the dark marks visible to the left of the cistern hatch in this photo?
6s0FuJT.jpg

wlj8NPm.jpg

There could be an innocuous explanation for those marks. Perhaps they were created on the day of the body's discovery; they look greasy, so perhaps the maintenance man (or subsequent investigators) dirtied it by resting tools or their own appendages on it.

But what if the marks were already there before the gruesome discovery was made? Possible evidence of a struggle (or more sinister labours), left unwittingly at the scene (or even unknowingly, if it was too dark to see the marks)?

If they were left by a perpetrator, they could yield valuable information. But that's a big "if". This is all speculation, of course, but the presence of those marks -- and their absence in later photos -- is truly food for thought. Thoughts, anyone?

Edit: Perhaps the marks were left by someone completely uninvolved with the case, but I'm inclined to doubt it. Why only that cistern (as far as I can tell), and why only near the hatch?

Very good eye! I believe what we're seeing is a trick of perspective. The stains are there in the overhead shot, but you can only barely make out the stain. From another angle, it's much clearer.

I noticed that there is a new post on the Tumblr believed to be Elisa's as of 7 hours ago. It's an image of "The Hermit" tarot card, and the jpeg has been posted with a click-through link to the Wikipedia page for "The Hermit".

Because there have been a few entries posted on this Tumblr account since January 31st, I was initially doubtful that this was in fact her Tumblr account, but after reading quite a few of her entries that match up to confirmed events and facts that we know to be true about Elisa, (a planned trip to california, school attendance, a/s/l, etc) I'm now pretty convinced that it is her Tumblr.

Furthermore: I have been following this story since her body was found, and early on, I was curious about her Facebook page so I searched Facebook for the name of her friend who has been widely quoted in the news media as saying she was "one of the friendliest people he knew". I found his account, and looked for Elisa Lam on his friends list. The Elisa Lam on his friends list has a custom url/handle. There is a Twitter account that uses the same handle. This Twitter account uses the same avatar as the Tumblr account, and the Formspring account listed on the bio page of the Tumblr. (I don't want to post her friend's name here, and I'm not sure if its against the rules to post the Tumblr or Twitter accounts here, but if you google any news story about Elisa Lam that has quotes from her friends, you will find his name and you can see all of this for yourself).

Anyway, with regards to the new Tumblr post, there are only a handful of reasonable explanations as to why her Tumblr has new entries since her death:

1. She queued up and dated several entries in advance.
2. Someone with her password is posting to her Tumblr account.
3. It is not her Tumblr account.

Because I am comfortable ruling out #3, I just don't get it. I'm also curious about how much of a person's social media/email a police investigation can access. Could the police work with Twitter/Tumblr admins to get access to her DM's and private messages on Tumblr? Why would she queue up so many entries in advance and what do they mean?

I believe what we're seeing is a trick of perspective.

My mind is open to that possibility, but I'm not sure. They're such prominent marks, distinctly darker than the cistern's main colour, and with a roughly vertical orientation that makes them almost parallel with the left edge of the hatch. If they're so visible from a helicopter, surely they should be visible from directly above?

I noticed that there is a new post on the Tumblr believed to be Elisa's as of 7 hours ago. It's an image of "The Hermit" tarot card, and the jpeg has been posted with a click-through link to the Wikipedia page for "The Hermit".

Because there have been a few entries posted on this Tumblr account since January 31st, I was initially doubtful that this was in fact her Tumblr account, but after reading quite a few of her entries that match up to confirmed events and facts that we know to be true about Elisa, (a planned trip to california, school attendance, a/s/l, etc) I'm now pretty convinced that it is her Tumblr.

Furthermore: I have been following this story since her body was found, and early on, I was curious about her Facebook page so I searched Facebook for the name of her friend who has been widely quoted in the news media as saying she was "one of the friendliest people he knew". I found his account, and looked for Elisa Lam on his friends list. The Elisa Lam on his friends list has a custom url/handle. There is a Twitter account that uses the same handle. This Twitter account uses the same avatar as the Tumblr account, and the Formspring account listed on the bio page of the Tumblr. (I don't want to post her friend's name here, and I'm not sure if its against the rules to post the Tumblr or Twitter accounts here, but if you google any news story about Elisa Lam that has quotes from her friends, you will find his name and you can see all of this for yourself).

Anyway, with regards to the new Tumblr post, there are only a handful of reasonable explanations as to why her Tumblr has new entries since her death:

Because I am comfortable ruling out #3, I just don't get it. I'm also curious about how much of a person's social media/email a police investigation can access. Could the police work with Twitter/Tumblr admins to get access to her DM's and private messages on Tumblr? Why would she queue up so many entries in advance and what do they mean?

Is it possible she signed up to something that linked to her tumbler to upload her tarot card of the week, or something? Sort of like a horoscope thing some people do.

Hi guys...
here are some more pics by someone on a chinese forum that went into cecil to investigate..can the chinese readers here help with the translations please? Thanks,
lots of pictures on the elevator and also the 14th floor and other floors...

http://bbs.tianya.cn/post-free-3077181-96.shtml#ty_vip_look[VB%E8%B0%83%E6%9F%A5]

http://bbs.tianya.cn/post-free-3077181-97.shtml#ty_vip_look[VB%E8%B0%83%E6%9F%A5]

http://bbs.tianya.cn/post-free-3077181-98.shtml#ty_vip_look[VB%E8%B0%83%E6%9F%A5]
Thanks for the links. I've not had the need to read even a full page of Mandarin for years and now its refreshing to jog my memory again. Too much to translate though! Forums run into hundreds of pages of posts long!

If anyone here wants me to translate a small segment though, I'd be happy to oblige. I studied Mandarin from pre-school all the way till college level and got As (though they are worth nothing now as I haven't been practising much for half my adult life). The China sites are fine as they are all written in simplified Mandarin characters, which is what I was schooled in. The Taiwanese and Hong Kong sites on the other hand drive me a little nuts because they are all in traditional Mandarin characters, so a bit trickier for me to read.

Elisa Lam Video - YouTube

1:57 -2:08

EL has a gun to the back of her head, and she's waving her right arm to trigger the sensor to keep the elevator door open. The suspect notices what she's doing and gives her a "yank".

I "like" this theory, she really looks to me like she's pleading for her life, then as she steps out of frame she appears to be making room for someone to remain behind her, to lead her somewhere. This doesn't explain any of the earlier actions, but fits the actions 1:57 and forward.

A video clip from VB调查

Water Tank on Cecil as of Feb 26

More pics of rooftop/water tanks LINK
I notice in the video as in some pictures posted in the last day or so, that the wooden ladder is always there by the tank Elisa's body was found in. Is that ladder a permanent fixture next to the tank (like, even before Elisa died) or something that's just left there after the police and firemen used them?

If its permanently there then that would make it easy for people (including Elisa) to climb up it herself. Not saying that its a definite suicide or murder, but it would help answer some questions in my mind about how she got up the tank in the first place.

Sorry if this has been covered before but I am finding it hard to keep up with all the posts..

I had the same feelings too. She doesn't look like Elisa much at all, besides the fact that they're both of asian descent. I almost feel like you can't trust the police anymore or anything the media reports. After Sandy Hook and other obvious shootings/deaths related to the gun control agenda, you can't help but wonder what else is up their sleeve...what else are they willing to do to entrance us and make us all feel weak?

It's also possible she lives a double life? a CIA spy? or they faked her death and put the real Elisa in some witness protection program for some reason? I really don't know but you can't help but conspiracize when it comes to this case. It is LA after all, Mexico up to San Francisco is riddled with drug/sex slave/occult/satanic rings and uou have to admit some of these missing person cases just get weirder and weirder year after year.

I also always find the photos of the police at the crime scene quite interesting. Most of them just look like they're standing around doing nothing, and you have to wonder why reporters and others not involved with the LAPD were allowed on the roof right after it broke that a body was found in the water tanks. Good way to ruin the crime scene, right? Was there even a proper investigation? I doubt it. Also I've yet to see one image with crime scene yellow tape around the water tanks.....makes you wonder..if they are even investigating this...

I'm having trouble following how you are relating Sandy Hook and gun control issues as part of a case where a woman's body was found in a water tank and no evidence of any gun involvement at all.

Conspiracy is one thing, but this is a stretch to say the least.

My mind is open to that possibility, but I'm not sure. They're such prominent marks, distinctly darker than the cistern's main colour, and with a roughly vertical orientation that makes them almost parallel with the left edge of the hatch. If they're so visible from a helicopter, surely they should be visible from directly above?

Wow, you might really something here. I checked other stains for the same effect, and no, there's none. Just that one area. Okay, I'm going to look a bit for more shots of the tanks on the discovery.

Thanks for the links. I've not had the need to read even a full page of Mandarin for years and now its refreshing to jog my memory again. Too much to translate though! Forums run into hundreds of pages of posts long!

If anyone here wants me to translate a small segment though, I'd be happy to oblige. I studied Mandarin from pre-school all the way till college level and got As (though they are worth nothing now as I haven't been practising much for half my adult life). The China sites are fine as they are all written in simplified Mandarin characters, which is what I was schooled in. The Taiwanese and Hong Kong sites on the other hand drive me a little nuts because they are all in traditional Mandarin characters, so a bit trickier for me to read.

i think if you could translate the ones with the pictures from the main poster and explain where those pictures came from and stuff that might be more helpful for the people here. i will try to translate some too.

Another idea that just came across my mind:

What if she was murdered in the hotel (for whatever reason, maybe she has witnesses something, she shouldn't have) , but as it was too risky to hide her inside the hotel (the police could have very well checked every room), the killer(s) decided to temporary hide here somewhere else (maybe in a car or even at home).

I don't think it is that difficult, to pack a body into a big enough suitcase, also it doesn't attract unneeded attention (who would suspect it in a hotel, as it is totally common?). This would also explain why the search dogs didn't find a track, if she was brought there when the police was already done with the roof.

I'm still not sure whether there are two killers (maybe one of the hotel's employees, as it was necessary to turn off the alarm, the roof was secured with) or only one (the more I think about it, the less likely it gets), it's hard to imagine one person alone being able to carry her body up to the cistern.

Does anyone know whether there is a security camera inside the lobby?

i think if you could translate the ones with the pictures from the main poster and explain where those pictures came from and stuff that might be more helpful for the people here. i will try to translate some too.
Okay you got to post the links up for me. I'm not sure which link you are referring to or which poster. I'll give it a shot :)

In fact, just in case I miss a message directed at me, you can also PM me with the links to be sure I read it, and I'll try my best to translate it (but can't guarantee I can get it done as quickly as people may wish, as I am very busy normally, but I will try to get it done ASAP).

I think this must be a shared tumblr as it was reblogged. Could the "/" in the username indicate a collaboration? I don't really understand the tumblrverse anyway though =/

As far as the conspiracy stuff goes - did Elisa's family not identify the girl in the video as her? Call me overly sensitive, but isn't it a little disrespectful to suggest they were somehow involved in a conspiracy that killed their own daughter/sister?

I think it's important look at this whole thing realistically...the video quality was terrible, which I don't find suspicious of a hotel with the reputation of the Cecil. If they had top of the line security sysytems, they wouldn't have half the problems they do.

Halifirien, here's food for thought...

130221212115-ac-lah-woman-in-hotel-water-tank-00002206-story-body.jpg

See that "black" about the opening? That's the black tarp behind the fireman in your pic.

6s0FuJT.jpg

wlj8NPm.jpg

But what if the marks were already there before the gruesome discovery was made? Possible evidence of a struggle (or more sinister labours), left unwittingly at the scene (or even unknowingly, if it was too
tdark to see the marks)?

Two thoughts....

First those marks seem like the type of marks left by a shoes with black soles, perhaps when they were trying to open the tank lid they were using their own body weight as residence against the tank to open the latch, I have no idea how hard those hatches are to open or how heavy they might be, just on first thought, shoe marks is what those marks remind me of.

Also do we know that ladder was there always, or moved there by maintenance investigators?

In everyone's question aBout how someone could have gotten a body up there, I was trying to consider physics, and what basic/simple "machines" could be made and used to lift the body up there. I of course thought what about a pulley system, but wasnt sure how exactly that could be rigged without know the tanks.
But now seeing this picture I'm wonder if someone could have used the piping system setup just by the hatch to rig a pulley system to get the body up there.

Could such a system with the lines going under the pipes and around the metal fixture securing the pipes (to the left of the hatch) leave such marks on the tank in that location? If the had such a system could they have someone used grease it minimize friction?

Also would it be possible for some to do this alone? Could it be two people? Could someone have been on top of the tank, and someone at the base, pulling on the line to raise the body to the person on top of the tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard