jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 11TH DAY #57 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly folks, I'm getting very very worried. I am really afraid that the jury's going to be sympathetic and let her off. I know this is heresy but I don't think that the prosecution is laying out a logical case - he's all over the place, and he lets his disgust for her show too much. I hope to god I'm wrong.

It is quite obvious that there is no love lost between JA and JM. It is also evident that JM finds JA repugnant. However the jury is charged to evaluate JA credibility and not JM mental state.

JM style when examining even friendly witnesses is “sharp”. It is highly unlikely that the jury will be more sympathetic to JA because JM doesn’t like her.

As has been noted at this site many times before, there is “method in JM madness”. The structure of JM cross does NOT APPEAR logical to you and it probably does not appear logical to JA. In fact to JA JM is merely “going around in circles”. JM knows precisely what he is doing. The apt analogy is putting together a jigsaw puzzle. Early on in the assembly there are few fragments here and few fragments there. There are small pieces all over the latent image. Notice that JM will leave a point hanging without conclusion only to come back later and reference the point. JM explicitly will not conduct a cross based on chronological order. JA spends a lot of time in hesitation in order to do quick calculations in her mind to check if her current working lie can be impeached OR to anticipate falling into an inconsistency trap. These sorts of on the fly assessments are difficult to do if the questioning is non-sequential and/or illogical. Therefore his line of questioning appears disjointed just as a jigsaw puzzle early on appears incomplete and confusing. There will be multiple “AH HAW” moments when JM begins to fully fill in the picture.

It appears that JM is systematically dismantling the entire body of JA direct testimony. Some observers claim that detours into minutiae and the distant past are a waste of time. There is a large gallery of bombastic defense lawyers on Mitchell, Grace, and Drew who mouth this criticism. This claim, though, is very arguable. JM is merely putting together the puzzle background and image periphery and he is doing this UP FRONT. In a day or two JM will begin closing his pincers as he drills down on the pre Mesa preparations. JM will likely close with a blistering cross exam in which the actual murder is painstakingly scrutinized with respect to details and timeline.

The words they used were "not to observe" overweight people. It's in the part about controlling your weight. I believe in positive thinking, but I do not believe that bad things will happen to you because you thought them into existence. As a cancer survivor, I take issue with that book saying I brought my cancer on myself because I didn't think enough positive thoughts.

Ditto. I find, however, that people are so frightened of cancer that they desperately want to believe this kind of thing. Once you've had it though . . . well, it gives you a different outlook.

I'm reading a lot of criticism of Juan (not necessarily here, but all over the media and other blog sites) -- his pit bull sparring...he's argumentative, sarcastic, spending too much time on moot points, etc.

I don't know if this criticism is altogether valid.

I'm quite happy that he's pissy. A man's life was snuffed out and the woman that did it ADMITTED it, has lied continually, and is slandering the dead something mercilessly. If there's ever a situation where a prosecutor is allowed this behavior, it's certainly this one and I think jurors will understand his anger and passion.

HOWEVER, I do hope he starts painting a picture of how she willfully and purposely plotted his death on that faithful day (and then wrap this image up with a neat little bow). I think jurors NEED that (just look at the Anthony trial). I think they need that because juries are stupider than we give them credit for. I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but I do think a lot of people lack the skills to conclude things for themselves.

You probably intended to post "fateful day".

After the Pinellas County Twelve, I have to agree with your contention that some juries require corpus delicti, motive, opportunity, hand-holding, dot-connecting, confessions, DNA, pictures, digital images, letters, text messages, audio and video recordings and the like.

IMO, without most of these elements, it will become increasingly difficult to obtain convictions in capital cases. Blame it on technology and on a post-moral society which moves the right/wrong goalposts on a whim.

Still MO, of course, but there are many lazy jurors who will avoid confrontation by going along to get along, unwilling to hold themselves accountable or to be held accountable. So how could they possibly hold anyone else accountable, especially when the accused didn't personally wrong the jury?

Morning peeps! Here ya go!

buffet_bar.jpg

nom nom nom

perfect timing. I was getting hungry!! :)

Hi Laces-- I agree with you on many points; it drives me bonkers when Juan keeps saying "right" after each statement or question; i thought the point of cross is to get your point across, maker her look like the lying murderer she is and move on. this constant right right right, makes me crazy; he does not need to do that; he is making his points but i think he is also losing some of his momentum by constantly having to get her to admit he is right; the whole courtroom knows she is lying; Juan, make your point and move on. I think Juan's style works most of the time; but this defendant is different and i think he should have modified his style a bit. He is obviously a great prosecutor as evidenced by his record, which is proven to be successful. This woman can't just say yes or no, it is ummmm, well not exactly or well, ummm, not yesterday, but it was the day before (and all that kind of stuff); she is a nightmare.

I disagree about Jodi though; she loves her attempts at one-upping the prosecutor. she is a sociopath IMO and she cannot bear not to look smarter than everybody else including the prosecutor. I don't think her attitude is helping her but she can't help herself. she is smug, she is confident, and she believes she is going to beat this.

The adversarial system of justice does not allow for statements to be made during examination or cross, only questioning. JM has to phrase his points as questions to ellicit answers. It doesn't make for graceful or flowing listening at this stage. When it's time for closing arguments he'll tell the tale of deception and murder in linear form for the the benefit of the jury.

So if she thinks Travis's alleged attraction to boys "sickening".

And in the next few minutes she also could not resist her sexual attraction to him.

Why doesnt Juan just ask what that says about her that she has a sick sexual attraction to pedophiles? Takes a sicko pervert to be attracted to one - right????

She testified on direct that she thought by having sex with him, she would be "helping" him overcome those urges. Dr. Arias...sexpert.

Its my birthday today! and I'm making a special birthday wish that JM has an outstanding day and can put this beech away today. I'm hoping that he brings up the day she killed TA and makes it clear in no uncertain terms that JA killed him 3x that day. Premeditation on the first attempt, second attempt and third attempt. NO if, ands or buts. Nothing left up to doubt. I hope I get my wish!

birthday-cake-candle.gif

Happy birthday!!!!!!!!
:party: :balloons:

JM's "trying" to get the pic of her pre-boob job into evidence was masterful.

He got her to say that DB had taken it. (Previous nude pics with other men.)
He got her to ask him what this had to do with things. (She's rude and snarky again.)
He asked if her if it wasn't a sexual photograph? (We will never know but it might be.)
She then said that it was a pre-op photo and a medical photo.

(Which once again showed the jury that she's a LIAR. DB took a "medical" photo of her?)

And, the evidence didn't even get in!

: )

ETA - It also reminded the jurors that she's had a boob job and BEST OF ALL, it really made her uncomfortable knowing that the picture might be shown.

You don't take your own "before" pictures either. Her surgeon would do that, if it was done at all.

Morning peeps.... :coffeews: hope we don't get a "Ms. Arias is sick, your Honor" BS....
Ot
Missing the Pacific Northwest! Everytime I see your sn I think of my children all in that beautiful city and state
Ok now hope there's court today?
I'm sick of the Hln talking heads saying that inmate Anas! oops meant arias is getting the best of Martinez!

Keep in mind we can't compare one trial to another but in one other trial that left the wind knocked out of us, none of the jurors believed the abuse claims, most of the crazy claims they did not buy for one minute. The consensus was they could not quite connect the Defendant to the murder. Not sure how exactly it was done etc etc.

We don't have that problem here.

So if she thinks Travis's alleged attraction to boys "sickening".

And in the next few minutes she also could not resist her sexual attraction to him.

Why doesnt Juan just ask what that says about her that she has a sick sexual attraction to pedophiles? Takes a sicko pervert to be attracted to one - right????
IMO that would be a bad move, because it might open the door for the defense to tell the jury that, yes, that's right, Jodi is sick. She's not a cold-blooded killer, she's sick.

I never read "The Secret". Does it suggest that if your lover has rejected you that you should stab him 29 times, slit his throat from ear to ear and shoot him in the head? Just wondering...

hi, sorry if this was posted already, i think the'res a misunderstanding, when the poster referenced "the secret" i believe it was "the secret of TA's pedophilia" that jodi was trying to preserve,,not the movie or book by the same name, correct me if im wrong.

I must not be watching the same trial. I dont want him to stop. I want him to keep on keeping on and taking a bite out of her everytime she speaks.

We have court watchers in the courtroom. They have seen no juror having sympathy for the murderess. I imagine the jury is sick and tired that she cant answer one damn question honestly and forthrightly.

The more she talks the more it shows her arrogance and her guilt.

Of course she isnt going to break under pressure. She is a vile sociopath but she does reveal herself. Little by little she lets the mask slip.

Juan Martinez is amazing and more skilled than any other Prosecutor Ive ever seen. When she jumps in the weeds he jumps in with her..'machete in hand'........and he doesnt hesitate. No matter what tangent she jumps into he has questions about that and when she knows he is harming her she jumps into the weeds on another tangent and he stays right with her and has questions about whatever she says even when she is trying hard to change the subject. Priceless.

Not every Prosecutor could be this nimble and quick minded but he knows this case like the back of his hand.

IMO

she really doesn't like it when he goes to the table and pulls out exhibits....He does know this case inside out and then some---she just thinks she knows it better.....

Hi Laces-- I agree with you on many points; it drives me bonkers when Juan keeps saying "right" after each statement or question; i thought the point of cross is to get your point across that she is lying, make her look like the lying murderer she is and move on. this constant right right right, makes me crazy; he is making his points but i think he is also losing some of his momentum by constantly having to get her to admit he is right; the whole courtroom knows she is lying; Juan, make your point and move on. When he keeps saying right??? then it gives her the opportunity yak some more - she should not have those opportunities over and over again. when he reveals the lie, just move on.

I think Juan's style works most of the time; but this defendant is different and i think he should have modified his style a bit. He is obviously a great prosecutor as evidenced by his record, which is proven to be successful. This woman can't just say yes or no, it is ummmm, well not exactly or well, ummm, not yesterday, but it was the day before (and all that kind of stuff); she is a nightmare.

I disagree about Jodi though; she loves her attempts at one-upping the prosecutor. she is a sociopath IMO and she cannot bear not to look smarter than everybody else including the prosecutor. I don't think her attitude is helping her but she can't help herself. she is smug, she is confident, and she believes she is going to beat this.

I agree with all you are saying, but I cannot criticize Mr. Martinez for his "rights?". That is not meant as a direct question to the witness, IMO, but a speaking habit that is typical of most lawyers. Listen to Nurmi - he has far worse and far more irritating prefaces to his questions. Grrr! I'm sure they are drummed into everyone's mind by now. I actually shudder to think that we have to listen to that again! Juan's simple 'right?' is nothing in comparison.

This is not the movie "Primal Fear". Jodi doesn not have "multiple personalities". Kirk Nurmi is not Richard Gere. Jodi is neither Aaron, nor Roy.

Jodi is a garden variety, evil psychopath who is currently twisting in the wind, desperately trying to manipulate her way out of the mess she created. IMO.

kirk Nurmi is not Richard Gere. Ya think????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley