CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Invisible Light Agency is just a VFX company, isn't it? I've worked in film VFX on and off (mainly the videogame industry), and that sounds like a pretty standard VFX company title to me. As well, it's common for start-up companies to operate out of the seedier areas of town due to cheap overhead. Respectfully: I'm not sure why it keeps coming up -- has there been anything suspicious about it?

In the last thread #3 I posted a link to the companies profile. It looks like a talent/PR/media agency of some type owned by a young lady that's worked in the industry. Seems real small time plus the addy comes up as next door not actually in the Cecil

I am about to leave and will return later.
I can't find any of the links to the things I've been writing here.
Just resorting to recalling from memory because of so many varied
websites and my own scrolling around the net!

I read posts by others discussing what seemed to be about something she posted to one of her
social media accounts talking about the company as related to an article on Huffington Post.
I found this one: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/12/11/quantum-stealth-invisibility-hyperstealth_n_2277394.html

But, I so far haven't found the exact article they are referencing or
her comments about it.
If anybody else read it and can post, that would be great.
If not when I come back, I'll go to where I read this being discussed and back it up to where they may have links.

Yes, I remember her post linking to that story, though I can't find it right at this moment. That was all over the news and social media sites (including a post on my Tumblr as well), and I'm not sure how it is related to the VFX company Invisible Light Agency, other than the word "invisible" being involved? (No disrespect intended, I'm just curious about how they're linked?)

Hello all, newbie here. I've been following the threads on this and I am confused about the hotel itself. Sorry if this has already been addressed; I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the posts!

I did a google street view of the exterior of the hotel and, including the ground floor, there are 14 windows/floors running vertically up the building. The elevator panel pictures that have been posted show 15 floors. Taking into account there is no 13th floor, and they have labeled one floor Lobby and one Mezzanine, I'm confused. If you count the windows (including the ground floor), you have 14 floors, so the windows of the building should match up with the number of buttons on the elevator. However, when I write it out, I can't find the 15th floor, unless the Mezzanine level doesn't have windows.

1 - lobby
2 - mez
3 - 2nd
4 - 3rd
5 - 4th
6 - 5th
7 - 6th
8 - 7th
9 - 8th
10 - 9th
11 - 10th
12 - 11th
13 - 12th
14 - 14th

I wasn't able to access the links to pictures that someone posted of the maintenance shack on the roof, so I'm hoping that someone could confirm that the elevator doesn't go up to the roof.

Also, I've worked in hotels before and it can be very easy to get the master keys. One place I worked had them sitting in an unlocked drawer. Granted, we had keycards and not physical keys for guest rooms, but there were no check out protocols for the keys. If you needed them, you asked for them or just took them.

Additionally, I could see staff members leaving the doors to the roof unlocked, so it would be easier to take smoke breaks. I wouldn't be surprised if they were unlocked an hour into a shift and locked just before a shift ended.

Hello all, newbie here. I've been following the threads on this and I am confused about the hotel itself. Sorry if this has already been addressed; I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the posts!

I did a google street view of the exterior of the hotel and, including the ground floor, there are 14 windows/floors running vertically up the building. The elevator panel pictures that have been posted show 15 floors.

Yeah I thought it was 14 floors also, One pic of the panel I believe showed the button for a 15th floor had been removed.

The Wiki for the hotel says it's a 14 floor hotel also

Yes, I remember her post linking to that story, though I can't find it right at this moment. That was all over the news and social media sites (including a post on my Tumblr as well), and I'm not sure how it is related to the VFX company Invisible Light Agency, other than the word "invisible" being involved? (No disrespect intended, I'm just curious about how they're linked?)

That tweet:

https://twitter.com/lambetes/status/290335914360717312

Yeah, nothing to do with Invisible Light Agency,

Yeah I thought it was 14 floors also, One pic of the panel I believe showed the button for a 15th floor had been removed.

The Wiki for the hotel says it's a 14 floor hotel also

But we do know for a fact that 15th floor does have rooms. There has been pictures of the 15th floor. It was a brownish coloured.

I did a google street view of the exterior of the hotel and, including the ground floor, there are 14 windows/floors running vertically up the building. The elevator panel pictures that have been posted show 15 floors. Taking into account there is no 13th floor, and they have labeled one floor Lobby and one Mezzanine, I'm confused. If you count the windows (including the ground floor), you have 14 floors, so the windows of the building should match up with the number of buttons on the elevator. However, when I write it out, I can't find the 15th floor, unless the Mezzanine level doesn't have windows.

1 - lobby
2 - mez
3 - 2nd
4 - 3rd
5 - 4th
6 - 5th
7 - 6th
8 - 7th
9 - 8th
10 - 9th
11 - 10th
12 - 11th
13 - 12th
14 - 14th

I wasn't able to access the links to pictures that someone posted of the maintenance shack on the roof, so I'm hoping that someone could confirm that the elevator doesn't go up to the roof.

Also, I've worked in hotels before and it can be very easy to get the master keys. One place I worked had them sitting in an unlocked drawer. Granted, we had keycards and not physical keys for guest rooms, but there were no check out protocols for the keys. If you needed them, you asked for them or just took them.

Additionally, I could see staff members leaving the doors to the roof unlocked, so it would be easier to take smoke breaks. I wouldn't be surprised if they were unlocked an hour into a shift and locked just before a shift ended.

The elevator does not go up to the roof.

But we do know for a fact that 15th floor does have rooms. There has been pictures of the 15th floor. It was a brownish coloured.
I've been wanting to see any pics or videos made of the 15th floor as I don't think I've seen them. Wonder if you have any links to these 15th floor pics? I'd love to have a look.

[...]unless the Mezzanine level doesn't have windows.

I don't think you should treat the mezzanine as a normal floor. Check out this picture:
hotelcecil636lounge.jpg

If you start from 15 counting down, skipping 13 and the mezzanine, it all matches up.
The lobby (presumably) is higher than the normal floors hence can accommodate the mezzanine.

I've been wanting to see any pics or videos made of the 15th floor as I don't think I've seen them. Wonder if you have any links to these 15th floor pics? I'd love to have a look.

I haven't seen any videos and there were only i think 1 or 2 pics of the 15th floor. (it's the one that shows outside of the elevator with the mirror and the #15 on top of the mirror)
can't seem to find the picture at the moment as i'm at work right now. i'll search for it when i'm home and PM you.

I can't remember any either...

Expedia also lists it as a 14 floor hotel, as does Hotel planner, I'll keep looking this afternoon

I've seen mezzanines in flats before and its sort of like the upper level of one single floor. If you imagine one floor split up into 2 floors, the upper half of that split would be called the "mezzanine". Normally it looks a bit to me like a really large balcony overlooking the same floor but its a big enough balcony to accommodate a double bedroom's furniture so it can actually be used as a bedroom if desired.

Snipped for space/relevance

N
Great post!

However, I think you are omitting some possibilities. Like she got up on the roof because she went looking for a way up and found one. We already know it is accessible by the fire escape. Also, one of Elisa's tumblr posts had several surreal drawings of people climbing vertical sides of buildings and/or sitting on the ledges of roofs. She may have been drawn to the roof in an altered or psychotic state.

What about the water tank? Same thing. Elisa may have been drawn to the roof in a psychotic state. She may have then noticed the tanks. If paranoid or hearing voices for the first time, Elisa could have decided to try to go even higher and once on the tank, decided she could not access the next roof up from there so she decided to hide in the tank.

Finally, there is no evidence we know of that Elisa was hanging out with anyone at the hotel.

Good point. I was pointing out the most logical explanations, but if she was having some sort of psychosis, all bets (and "logic") are off. It's entirely possible (likely, even) that what you described happened to her.

I've seen mezzanines in flats before and its sort of like the upper level of one single floor. If you imagine one floor split up into 2 floors, the upper half of that split would be called the "mezzanine". Normally it looks a bit to me like a really large balcony overlooking the same floor but its a big enough balcony to accommodate a double bedroom's furniture so it can actually be used as a bedroom if desired.

Yep, that's exactly it.

2350470293_91a6cf22cb_z.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members