Decomposed Body found in Scurry Co.*3/16/13* - LE identified as being Hailey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lived and breathed Hailey's case from Day One, alone with many of you, for many months. I want closure so badly. But, I also want justice for that sweet girl. I worry that since it has been so long, there will not be anything much left in terms of evidence. Anything now would be circumstantial at best (i.e., cell phone pings) unless someone else speaks up. And I do believe there are more people who know about this - and I'm not talking about just SA and BD. Honestly, I think the investigation was botched from the beginning... :no:

Regarding BD as a POI... Interesting that she has not been named. I realize the first link is not a quote from LE, but I listened to their shows and believe that someone did in fact tell them this. I don't believe for one second that they would make it up.

bbm

Police say Billie Dunn lied, is a person of interest in missing daughter's case

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- Co-host of the online radio show, Bring Them Home Now, Rachel Englehart said Tuesday evening that she and co-host Bee Herz were informed by law enforcement last week that Billie Jean Dunn, the mother of missing Texas teen Hailey Dunn, has lied and is a person of interest in her daughter's disappearance.

http://www.examiner.com/article/pol...-a-person-of-interest-missing-daughter-s-case

The next day:

Toombs said Billie Jean Dunn has not been named as a person of interest.
But, "her arrest yesterday does not help her cause," he said.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/42145727/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/#.UUiLYjn9vgE

dizzy-smiley-emoticon.gif

What frustrates me the most is that people who were out there helping to recover the body probably know things which would clue us in on whether this is Hailey or not. Anyone who saw scraps of clothing, a clump of hair or part of something the body was wrapped in could help us out a lot. If the person who initially found the body did not follow the intricate details of Haileys case like we did, those little clues might not seem important.

As it is, we'll probably be waiting months and months for any official ID. That's just the way it works around here. The body will sit there in the morgue forever before anyone will bother to write up any official results, then they'll snail mail it to someone who is on vacation or just isn't on top of it enough to read and comprehend the full autopsy and inform the public in a timely manner. MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What frustrates me the most is that people who were out there helping to recover the body probably know things which would clue us in on whether this is Hailey or not. Anyone who saw scraps of clothing, a clump of hair or part of something the body was wrapped in could help us out a lot. If the person who initially found the body did not follow the intricate details of Haileys case like we did, those little clues might not seem important.

As it is, we'll probably be waiting months and months for any official ID. That's just the way it works around here. The body will sit there in the morgue forever before anyone will bother to write up any official results, then they'll snail mail it to someone who is on vacation or just isn't on top of it enough to read and comprehend the full autopsy and inform the public in a timely manner. MOO

True, but they'd be way out of line to talk about it...

I guess I'm wondering how Billie knows that LE isn't talking to anybody else about these remains. Would they tell her if they spoke with the families of other missing persons? OTOH, if they were practically sure it's Hailey and no need to talk to anybody else, wouldn't they talk to Clint as well? If not, why not?

IMHO I wouldn't believe anything out of BD's mouth at this point, MOO and all that

I lived and breathed Hailey's case from Day One, alone with many of you, for many months. I want closure so badly. But, I also want justice for that sweet girl. I worry that since it has been so long, there will not be anything much left in terms of evidence. Anything now would be circumstantial at best (i.e., cell phone pings) unless someone else speaks up. And I do believe there are more people who know about this - and I'm not talking about just SA and BD. Honestly, I think the investigation was botched from the beginning... :no:

Regarding BD as a POI... Interesting that she has not been named. I realize the first link is not a quote from LE, but I listened to their shows and believe that someone did in fact tell them this. I don't believe for one second that they would make it up.

bbm

The next day:

dizzy-smiley-emoticon.gif

Hi Belimom! A little discussed fact is that circumstantial evidence is the norm, and direct evidence is fairly rare. Even DNA and fingerprints are circumstantial. I learned this from Vince Bugliosi in his book about how the prosecution messed up the OJ case. That said, I recall LE or their representative saying they didn't have enough evidence without a body. I hope this meant that once that have that final piece, they will have enough to move forward. Nice to *see* you!

I guess I'm wondering how Billie knows that LE isn't talking to anybody else about these remains. Would they tell her if they spoke with the families of other missing persons? OTOH, if they were practically sure it's Hailey and no need to talk to anybody else, wouldn't they talk to Clint as well? If not, why not?

:seeya: Donjeta. Maybe it's just Billie and her high opinion of herself and her tendency to lie and stuff. jmo :)

Last year we was told that the person who found the body in Big Springs "recognized Hailey" as the person he found. It turned out to be some old guy so even if he did give details it wouldnt help much.

As for waiting months for official ID I am not so sure. I believe that LE have been waiting a long time to arrest Billie and Shawn and with the way the body was found and thrown away, and with the fact they probably had to get on there hands and knees to find every little bone I think this will make them angry and ID the body quickly.

A person who runs a Hailey page apparently has a PI on the case. Its been said that he phoned LE who supposedly gave him information that this could not be Hailey or the missing boy Mark. Now from that other people are going by what that admin said. LE have not said officially that this is NOT Hailey and my personal opinion is until LE state officially that its not Hailey or for that matter Mark either that no facebook admin should be telling people its not them as it can be giving false hope to people ;(

and does anyone know if LE told Billy and other family to come into town or did they just hear about it and come on their own?

and does anyone know if LE told Billy and other family to come into town or did they just hear about it and come on their own?
I could have sworn I read somewhere that they just came on their own, but now I need to find the link on that.

I dont know why HFH made that statement to be honest. Well actually I do. All the rest of Haileys family already live in that town. Its just Billie and DD that dont. The thing is some seem to forget that Hailey had two parents and seem to think Billie is the only one that matters ;( I dont know why Billie went to Snyder. To start with it was said she would be busy with the phone and then yesterday she went there. Whether she thought she was safe after being told the night before it was a man and so decided to go or if she was told something by LE I have no idea.

I would be a little surprised if LE was telling them much of anything. JMO.

Hailey supposedly just started sleeping in that bedroom, she had been sleeping on the couch....who knows about bed linens

Sarx there are some missing from BS, I have a list somewhere if I can find it

Sleeping on the couch, no bed linens, rearranged or thrown away furniture, no searching? This reminds me of another case we are looking at.

IMHO I wouldn't believe anything out of BD's mouth at this point, MOO and all that

sre-You would think we would all know better by now wouldn't you. That is why I am waiting for MSM to report the identity. This could be Hailey or any of several people missing from this area. I think we all have so much time and energy vested in this case, we want sweet Hailey to be found and the POI, POI's to be held accountable.

Hailey is the case that brought me to Websleuths. I think of her almost every time I log onto this website. We all want Hailey to be ALIVE & WELL, but reality is that in all probability she is not.

Sleeping on the couch, no bed linens, rearranged or thrown away furniture, no searching? This reminds me of another case we are looking at.

I'm out of the loop on many recent cases... Can you clue me in? TIA!

I'm out of the loop on many recent cases... Can you clue me in? TIA!

Dylan Redwine from Colorado. He has turned 14 since he went missing but he disappeared on a visitation with his father who had a lot of resentment towards his ex and had recently learned he had lost child support and was now going to have to pay CS to ex wife. Some of the things he says remind me of statements BJD has said. His case is on WS.

Okay, I don't know the significance, but I was in Googlemaps looking at the area where the remains were found, and I noticed that the lake area outlined in Map view was way way larger than what shows in satellite view. Not surprising given the severe drought, but the extent of it is pretty amazing. The blue markers in this map outline the approximate shoreline: http://goo.gl/maps/DHWXA

I know the water levels have been going down for years -- but I wonder where the shoreline was in December 2010?

Okay, I don't know the significance, but I was in Googlemaps looking at the area where the remains were found, and I noticed that the lake area outlined in Map view was way way larger than what shows in satellite view. Not surprising given the severe drought, but the extent of it is pretty amazing. The blue markers in this map outline the approximate shoreline: http://goo.gl/maps/DHWXA

I know the water levels have been going down for years -- but I wonder where the shoreline was in December 2010?

I thought I read the lake didnt have anything to do with it, I take it that meant the body was not belived to be submerged, dont quote me but I do thik I read that yesterday

I thought I read the lake didnt have anything to do with it, I take it that meant the body was not belived to be submerged, dont quote me but I do thik I read that yesterday

Yeah, that's why I was thinking that if it's Hailey, it must be somewhere between the road and the 2010 shoreline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox