trial day 33: the defense continues its case in chief #96

Status
Not open for further replies.
JW: " Did she talk to you about grabbing the gun, ....Did she talk to you again about whether she planned to shoot?"

Dr: "...let me look again at my notes...I need to refresh my memory...

JW: judge can I help him with the page ?

Dr: "She didn't plan to shoot him, wanted to somehow stop him...she ran into the bathroom...turned around and pointed it at him....she was not sure if it was loaded or not...

IMHO if you are trying to figure out why JA brutally and viciously murdered TA using logic and reasoning, then you are doing it wrong. While I agree there were definite steps taken that constitute premeditation, I don't believe those steps were taken as the result of a logical, sensible mindset capable of predicting cause and effect.

JA and TA had a complicated relationship that went through phases and evolved over time. The consistent through-line was sexual, and that's where I think JA started confusing violence/aggression and sexuality/physical intimacy. (No, not a sexual amnesia or whatever Samuels was talking about.) I think that JA fully bought into the double standard that somehow her sexual nature and sexual activities with TA reflected negatively on her, (as a woman,) in a way they did not reflect on TA. I believe that TA promoted that idea and was attempting to rid himself of her by shaming her for her sexuality at the same time he was enjoying her availability.

I'm not interested in a religious debate, but I've heard JA use the term "courting" (courtship,) which has a specific meaning in fundamentalist christian circles. While JA may have aspired to being courted and being a good Mormon and being in the "in crowd," she must have come to the realization ultimately that she instead had lost all self-respect. As a feminist I know many women, myself included, who have had to work through issues of self-identity as it relates to sexuality. JA made the decision to destroy TA as an object of her own self-hatred. After all, TA was going, (or had gone,) to the Bishop to begin the process of repentance and coming back into the Mormon fold. That was not an option open to JA without exposing her sexuality to the scrutiny of others, a much more dangerous prospect likely to arouse condemnation and disgust. (And she is one who, according to Ryan Burns, was socially awkward even in amongst other PPL folks whom she knew well.)

As another poster pointed out in a thread long gone, JA was jealous of TA's success; financial, interpersonal, material, familial, spiritual, all of it. I believe she killed him as the only means she could see to pull herself up from the bottom of the barrel, from depravity, from self-loathing. I believe she wanted power over him, to control him, to have the last word, to inflict as much pain as possible. I don't believe she was mad about any one thing; Cancun, the other women, being called a *advertiser censored*, *nal sex. The paradox of JA's actions is that she killed TA to bury all the "bad" in herself, but instead she uncovered it for all the world to see.

I respectfully disagree with you. After all has been said and exposed, it's obvious to me that Jodi decided to become a Mormon for the very specific purpose of trying to hook TA for life. She used sex to keep him interested and to manipulate him because it was all she had. Jodi knows how she is expected to behave but she has no substance as a human being. Undoubtedly she has self-loathing but I don't think for a second that she is or was interested in redemption.

JW: " Did she talk to you about grabbing the gun, ....Did she talk to you again about whether she planned to shoot?"

Dr: "...let me look again at my notes...I need to refresh my memory...

JW: judge can I help him with the page ?

Dr: "She didn't plan to shoot him, wanted to somehow stop him...she ran into the bathroom...turned around and pointed it at him....she was not sure if it was loaded or not...

OH OH----looks like she was LYING when she told Juan that she KNEW it was loaded because she watched him load it. :giggle: :giggle:

How long before HLN realizes this pause and go technique is not working at all? They are almost a good 2 hours behind and most people who want to catch up are just going to read online or watch it on youtube. Unless, the ratings are still at this point...but it still is really stupid.

Perhaps I am in the minority but it works perfectly for me with the limited time I have in the evenings. This way it is still on the TV so as I don't have to try to watch online and post here at the same time.

:D

Yeah, I know I'm in the minority but man I feel bad for Nurmi and Willmott. What a debacle to be thrown into, and just when they thought it couldn't get worse, along comes this dimwitted imbecile, who they thought to be an expert, to further embarrass their professional names. That's got to be rough.

Willmott does not have to keep him on the stand... she could stop questioning him, let it go to jury questions, and then pass on a follow up.

Wonder why Nurmi didn't do the questioning?

Clearly JW was in a bad mood today....

I don't know, but he really looks depressed. Someone said *someone* had a death in the family. Maybe Nurmi? He looks like he wants to make himself invisible.

Okay, did I just hear that in the Doc's notes he wrote that Travis hit her which caused her to drop the camera? A juror says, "wha???"

And what's with the "pictures of breasts are legal so they're irrelevant"? HUH?

Perhaps I am in the minority but it works perfectly for me with the limited time I have in the evenings. This way it is still on the TV so as I don't have to try to watch online and post here at the same time.

:D

I guess it works. But the commercials are so annoying.

He crossed the boundary line when he sent Jodi greeting cards in prison because he felt sorry for her. A female social worker in my county recently lost her state license because she encouraged some of her female patients to attend Arthur Murray dance lessons which she also attended (not confidential knowledge). Befriending patients indicates there is no longer a therapist and client relationship.

Wow! I missed the greeting card thing!

Willmott does not have to keep him on the stand... she could stop questioning him, let it go to jury questions, and then pass on a follow up.

No, of course not, but she's knee deep in it now, what's she going to do? Disavow her own expert?

A little trivia: Just noticed in the afternoon session that JA has a container filled with what appears to be 7-8 ink pens sitting in front of her to the right of the monitor. She must have complained about the stubby little golf pencil, lol.

I'm watching HLN, which I'm not really used to doing. It's confusing me a bit. Seems like the talking heads keep saying that Samuels was her therapist. He really wasn't, was he? He was hired to psych eval her so that he could testify on her behalf—from the get go—right?

Agree. and a hoodie with a big pocket would allow her to hide the knife/gun...and also protect her somewhat in a fight. And don't forget...she was coming from Northern Calif. where it is cooler in June. Even Los Angeles has some cool nights (and days, if it is foggy) in June...
Sorry, not buying a hoodie. I'm a Californian-No. & So., who's been to Phoenix in 120 degree heat in May. You wouldn't even dream of packing a hoodie!

THEY JUST SHOWED JODI SWIPE THAT FOLDER AND SIT ON IT--on Dr Drew show.

:giggle: :giggle: :floorlaugh:

Ooh, ooh...Dr Drew just played the clip of JA swiping the yellow folder and sticking it under her butt. He's going to ask the "Behavior Bureau" about that puzzling behavior, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror