trial day 33: the defense continues its case in chief #96

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been listening to the witnesses the state called at the beginning of the trial. Several people mentioned that the dog had pooped and peed all over the house--they initially thought that was the smell. I can understand that--who would initially think that someone was murdered. For normal people that would not be the first thing they would think of

I agree that a dead body might not be something that "normal" people would immediately think of. On the other hand though, even just a dead rat or raccoon smells really really bad. There is no other smell like it. I would never mistake that smell for urine or poop. Nothing alike imo. I've never smelled a dead human body, but there WAS a dead deer that we could smell almost half a mile away when we were trail riding, and that was outside, not inside. It was unbearable when we had to actually pass it. I just do not see how anyone thought it was garbage or poop. Just my humble opinion.

I just heard Vinnie Politan say it's not PTSD - it's BS...

I'll do him one better and call it PTBS. (the PT standing for Proven Turpitudinous).

I agree that a dead body might not be something that "normal" people would immediately think of. On the other hand though, even just a dead rat or raccoon smells really really bad. There is no other smell like it. I would never mistake that smell for urine or poop. Nothing alike imo. I've never smelled a dead human body, but there WAS a dead deer that we could smell almost half a mile away when we were trail riding, and that was outside, not inside. It was unbearable when we had to actually pass it. I just do not see how anyone thought it was garbage or poop. Just my humble opinion.

Yeah you're right. It's ghastly. Burning blood smells the same too. I can smell dead from far away.

A lot of people are excusing the judge's lack of control because this is a "death penalty" trial. Then they don't like us complaining about the defense team and their tactics because, after all, this is a "death penalty" trial.

Can we all be honest here please? This is a "victim who was slaughtered" trial. Jodi is upset? I don't care! Defense team wants more latitude? I don't care! The judge feels she must give more leeway for the defendant so she is not overturned? I don't care!!!

This trial is all about Travis, who was stabbed in the heart and back and hands and feet, 29 times! Travis's throat was slit from ear to ear! Travis was shot in the temple!

So she was going to get dumped? I don't care! We all get used at one time or another, in one way or another. We all feel cheated and get hurt at least once. We don't kill.

This Is ALL about Travis. So please all you bleeding hearts who feel for the judge, who feel bad for thedefense, who keep saying, well after all this is a death penalty case. Stop it!
Jodi is guilty of premeditated felony murder.

ALL ABOUT TRAVIS. AND JUSTICE.

Hi Curious: i am so with you here! I am sick and tired of those who care more about the rights of the defendant than what happened to the victim; our justice system is so skewed in the direction of the defendant that the victim gets lost in the shuffle. Juan Martinez is the passionte and brilliant voice for Travis Alexander- thank you Mr. Martinez for bringing justice back into the courtroom.

Just more affirmation that the Justice System is more than broken.

That isn't that much split among the three or four of them. jmo

Were there three or four? Regardless, yes, splitting it up makes it less. If you have a 100% mortgage, plus a second, the mortgage payment plus the utilities would have been manageable among three or four people. Agreed. So either the air was cranked and we can see her possibly wearing a sweater, or it was no sweater but an horrific smell. Not both.

Ok. So, your'e thinking the room-mates had something to do with it?

Exactly. Black hoodie, black socks and black yoga pants with a stripe along side.

Ninja she was. :furious:

The fact she may have been wearing a sweater (as well as sweat pants and socks) now during the murder makes it even more likely that she snuck in and he had no idea she was there until seconds before he died.

SHE was the NINJA.

It is 10 to 2 all over again on the HLN Jury poll. Are these the same jurors as last night?
I think it is pre-planned--like reality tv. some producer thinks that it adds to the excitement. this show is a disaster. no one has more than a superficial grasp of what has happened during the trial. I think they started paying attention last week.

FYI...I've tippled my posts here I think. Maybe quadrupled it, just on this case. Before this case I think I had posted less than ten? And in several years.

The average temperature in June is 82 during the day and 47 at night in Yreka, Ca. Jodi was only in Arizona long enough to do whatever she did with Travis, kill him, clean up and leave. Travis had air conditioning...it's not like it was 107 degrees in his house. I think she was well covered up when she murdered him and those clothes were taken off...wrapped in something and destroyed in the desert. I also think she is just creepy enough to climb in the shower while he was laying dead beneath her.

And I believe that her clothes prevented her from getting all banged up...we know Travis fought her, but I think he had to have been in shock...both from the stab wound to chest and subsequent blood loss...and in shock over the fact that she attacked him. I think that explains why he stumbled to the sink, I honestly think he could not believe it.

And btw, I lived in So Cal for over 12 yrs...lived in Monterey for 3...

moo.

ITA, she didn't have to have it on any great length of time either. I would expect her to be wearing shorts also but she didn't. She planned this so I think at the very least she would be as covered as possible & then took this off before leaving the bathroom. She could have placed the blood stained clothes in a garbage bag.

Lots of questions for a defense witness is a big red flag for the defense. Just like with JA, they had lots of questions that revealed that they really don't believe anything she is saying. If they were comfortable with what Samuels was saying they wouldn't have many questions.

I agree. I read that they only asked juror questions when Wilmott is questioning him. At first, that seems bad, but I think that does not bode well for DT. When Juan is questioning him, they had few questions because Juan was getting the answer they needed, probably. He was simply exposing his lack of credibility. There was nothing left to say. But when Wilmott gets up and they begin spinning their story, red flags go up and they get their questions in. It's the same thing that happens to me when I am watching. All of a sudden, a bunch of juror questions go into my questioning the validity of his testimony. They are skeptical of him too, I think.

Ouch. :rocker:would be me.

Arias. Not so much.

But yeah I hope they put her in the hole for a month every time she pulls her sneaky **** in the court!!!

:seeya:

Was there anything mentioned about her pulling a sneaky other than on the internet today? Just stepping in and I may have missed much.

???

I have smelled a dead body, and I can tell you, your first thought is not, "hmm, it smells rank, maybe a dead body is near." You think, "Someone hasn't taken out their trash in a couple weeks." Then you think, "Is one of our neighbors a deer hunter?" Then (and this is what happened to me) when you finally start thinking you're smelling a dead body, everyone you say that to, including police, tell you that you're watching too much Law & Order...until..it turns out to be a dead body.

I keep hearing that there are lots of juror questions for Dr. Samuels. This makes me nervous. What on EARTH would they want to ask him? I don't think I'd believe him if he told me it was 2013. I'd look to make sure.
Have no fear about Samuels' testimony, juror questions, or the forthcoming testimony of LaViolette either ... remember that they both met Arias considerably after the murder and Arias is a pathological liar. JM has already proven that Arias lied to Samuels and most likely lied to LaViolette. If I'm on that jury, I've already tossed all of Arias' testimony as garbage and tossed all of Samuels' testimony b/c Arias lied to him. To me, that only leaves the facts of the case and the inferences that can be drawn from them. Guilty of murder one ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror