trial day 33: the defense continues its case in chief #96

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. So, your'e thinking the room-mates had something to do with it?

Young guys and...smells. Young guys smell! I know the smell is different, but do they know that?

They smell like teen spirit into their 20's.

I agree that a dead body might not be something that "normal" people would immediately think of. On the other hand though, even just a dead rat or raccoon smells really really bad. There is no other smell like it. I would never mistake that smell for urine or poop. Nothing alike imo. I've never smelled a dead human body, but there WAS a dead deer that we could smell almost half a mile away when we were trail riding, and that was outside, not inside. It was unbearable when we had to actually pass it. I just do not see how anyone thought it was garbage or poop. Just my humble opinion.

That's absolutely right, imo. Decomp, even of an animal, is like nothing you've ever smelled before or anything you're likely to mistake for pet accidents. It's sickening.

Ugh, the whole HLN After Dark is annoying me! I would rather have an hour long show with Beth Karas as host and have courtroom observers (like Dr. Drews jurors) giving their observations and opinions.
I love Beth! Did anyone notice she looks different somehow today? She is so smart, fair and informative and best of all she is a huge JM fan.
JMO

My daughter's therapist let her BORROW books that she thought might be helpful to my daughter, but she never gave her anything. I find it odd that he sent her that book, especially since he wasn't her therapist. Weird.

I would thing SOP would be either what you describe - or writing down the name/author of a book that the therapist thinks would help their client/patient - and if money were an issue, suggest they go to their local library to see if they can get it that way.

A good therapist wouldn't want to blur any boundaries - or even have something be mistaken for such. Doesn't make sense. Samuels did not act professionally with JA imv.

Were there three or four? Regardless, yes, splitting it up makes it less. If you have a 100% mortgage, plus a second, the mortgage payment plus the utilities would have been manageable among three or four people. Agreed. So either the air was cranked and we can see her possibly wearing a sweater, or it was no sweater but an horrific smell. Not both.

Well, the a/c does not go into the shower and that was the source of the decomp. I don't think the temp really slowed down anything and least the odor. I don't know how they could live in the house with the odor, but then it may have not started for two or three days and they weren't there that much. Obviously they withstood the odor for whatever reason. jmo

Was there anything mentioned about her pulling a sneaky other than on the internet today? Just stepping in and I may have missed much.

???

Saw video of her sliding a notebook off the table then putting it oh so sneakily under her BUTT!

Before that it looked like she was swiping pencils and somehow getting them into her jacket!!

Edited to add: appeared she had a paper clip too. She slid it into the notebook!

Ugh, the whole HLN After Dark is annoying me! I would rather have an hour long show with Beth Karas as host and have courtroom observers (like Dr. Drews jurors) giving their observations and opinions.
I love Beth! Did anyone notice she looks different somehow today? She is so smart, fair and informative and best of all she is a huge JM fan.
JMO

Beth Karas, now there is a classy lady, a woman who, as you said is smart, fair and informative, so different than the other mouthpieces who prattle on and on and say little of value. I also love her unabashed respect for Juan Martinez.

I agree that a dead body might not be something that "normal" people would immediately think of. On the other hand though, even just a dead rat or raccoon smells really really bad. There is no other smell like it. I would never mistake that smell for urine or poop. Nothing alike imo. I've never smelled a dead human body, but there WAS a dead deer that we could smell almost half a mile away when we were trail riding, and that was outside, not inside. It was unbearable when we had to actually pass it. I just do not see how anyone thought it was garbage or poop. Just my humble opinion.

I agree. I had a dead mouse in my garage and it made me literally instantly gag whenever I walked in there. I had to call someone to find and remove it.

Hi Curious: i am so with you here! I am sick and tired of those who care more about the rights of the defendant than what happened to the victim; our justice system is so skewed in the direction of the defendant that the victim gets lost in the shuffle. Juan Martinez is the passionte and brilliant voice for Travis Alexander- thank you Mr. Martinez for bringing justice back into the courtroom.

Me too. I agree with you. Watching this trial feels like I'm back in University, where the professor (judge) is teaching the lawyer (supposedly DP qualified lawyer) as to how to pose questions and state objections. Despite respecting "sidebar" distractions to the utmost, my patience is has been duly tested and I would like to see professionalism from both sides at this point.

Wilmott also seems to think that it's ok to laugh, giggle and exchange "secret notes" with her client. Well, she's right - this is within the scope of "legal" but she looks sos stupid. In a million years, I couldn't imagine JM exchanging glances or notes with anyone while in the courtroom.

As to the mitigator "whatever" - she really should stop dressing like a ho and she should downplay her make up a bit. She knows she's being filmed every time she gets her 5 mins of "airtime" all tight and cozy with the "star". It's blatantly obvious every time that she is within camera with the defendant, that she's tooting her own bloody horn. It would serve her much better (and her client) if she would tone it down a bit.

moo

Hey! Mitigator! Hiya! We watch you too!:seeya:

Just heard a tidbit from one of the defense attys on HLN:

[paraphrasing]

The reason that they are working so hard to get PTSD in is because of the upcoming DV expert. 'Battered Woman' is NOT a DMSV symptom, but PTSD is. So they need the jury to get onboard with the PTSD diagnosis.

I think they have failed so far.

I have smelled a dead body, and I can tell you, your first thought is not, "hmm, it smells rank, maybe a dead body is near." You think, "Someone hasn't taken out their trash in a couple weeks." Then you think, "Is one of our neighbors a deer hunter?" Then (and this is what happened to me) when you finally start thinking you're smelling a dead body, everyone you say that to, including police, tell you that you're watching too much Law & Order...until..it turns out to be a dead body.

Wow.:eek:

I agree. I had a dead mouse in my garage and it made me literally instantly gag whenever I walked in there. I had to call someone to find and remove it.

By the time you smelled it, it was probably dead for 2 weeks.

Was there anything mentioned about her pulling a sneaky other than on the internet today? Just stepping in and I may have missed much.

???

Hi Pink!
Have you seen this?
The good doc couldn't find some of his notes today that he had yesterday and were admitted into evidence. Speculation is that JA swiped them.
Also video of her taking what looks like a pill today.

I may not be 100% on the docs notes so if not another peep can fill in the blanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's absolutely right, imo. Decomp, even of an animal, is like nothing you've ever smelled before or anything you're likely to mistake for pet accidents. It's sickening.

A friend of mine shot himself (on purpose or by accident, no one was sure), when I was in 7th grade and he was in 9th. His body laid outside, in June, for a week. Tree trimmers found him, and he was literally in his back yard (which butted up to a field.....he was just over the line in the field). Of course it was a big hub bub in the neighborhood and as kids do, my friend and I went to check things out after a day or so. There was a big clearing, but as we walked up on it, I remember thinking in my 13 year old brain, "Ugh, a skunk must have died here a long time ago." Not that it smelled like skunk, but it was a very STRONG smell and very pungent. When I realized what it was, it ruined my whole summer. I'd smell it everywhere. I truly don't know how Travis' roommates missed it, unless they were really not home long enough to care (ie: come in, "ew it stinks, but I'm not staying long, let XXXX figure it out.")

Poor Napster though. I bet he knew his master was dead upstairs. I think animals sense when the soul leaves the body.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm in central CA. It gets super hot here in the summer. IF my hubby would let me, I would have the AC down to about 70 and would probably need a sweater. Unfortunately, he's too cheap and we set it at 78. Never lived in Arizona though, so IDK, could be different. :twocents:

In heat that's over 100 degrees??? Arizona heat is very different from that of California. It's a very dry heat, not humid at all, and can get unbearable in the summer months. My cousins who lived there would leave Arizona just for the summer it gets so bad...

Sorry, not buying a hoodie. I'm a Californian-No. & So., who's been to Phoenix in 120 degree heat in May. You wouldn't even dream of packing a hoodie!
Quoting myself in response...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member