trial day 33: the defense continues its case in chief #96

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I can watch, listen to, or even mute another HLN commercial. How many minutes out of an hour are used on advertising? And the same ones, over and over and over and over. Hope to be able to live stream going forward.

:seeya:

The day I timed it, for every 7 minutes of testimony, there was 4 minutes of commercials.

BornDem said:
panthera said:
One would also think the A/C inside Travis' house wouldn't be kept at such a cold temperature 24/7 since the occupants weren't home all the time. Honestly I believe them not noticing the odor had more to do with where Travis' body was, in the shower stall, in the bedroom rather than having the A/C on all the time. We also don't know how much time the roommates spent in the house between the murder and his body being discovered.

MOO
I think you're exactly right, panthera! And BTW, .

Those guys were at work or out with their girlfriends, or just generally away from home most of that time, and I think the house was reasonably cool, and his poor body was sort of tucked away in the shower, in the bathroom, in the bedroom -- with several closed doors in between. But it's not a normal bad odor. I've smelled dead animals, and I assume the smell of a dead animal -- outside, not too nearby -- is similar. It is a "WTH is that?" kind of odor. But I'll buy that they didn't notice, easily.

Agree with you both. One of Travis' roommates explained that you have to remember it's a big house [Zillow indicates it is 3,691 square feet], and that there was a loft between the self-contained master suite upstairs and the other bedrooms. He said that Monday night was the first night he started to notice the smell.

Just a comment about benzodiazepines.

I don't think it would be at all difficult for Jodi to convince a jailhouse doc/ Nurse Practitioner/ or PA that she would benefit from a benzo (or 2) on court days. This is legitimately a very stressful situation, and she would "benefit" from being "less anxious" and "more able" to assist her attorneys in her defense.

I don't have any proof that she is taking anything, but I'm just saying that if she wanted to have some "calm down" pills, she has a pretty good reason for "demonstrating a need" for them to the person who would authorize them. I just don't think for a minute she needs to risk smuggling a xanax or valium. She could get them legitimately with very little effort, imo.

Fine with me to give her benzos. The little pills do not mitigate what I see as clear premeditation. I'm also fine with lots of counseling and therapy. I see it as a waste of time and $$, but if she or others (like therapists or clergy) are ok with it, then I'm fine with it. It demonstrates compassion, and doesn't change culpability, imo.

I'd be fine with a counselor holding her hand while a lethal injection was administered, too. It doesn't change the outcome. Or her culpability, imo.

I agree, I am sure the nurse or doc at the jail would give her something for her nerves.

But I keep having visions of her ... Jumping and Screaming .... "Just Shut UP" ... and burst out in tears ... slinging her glasses off ... throwing that hair around everywhere ... and then attempt to leave the courtroom. After all she is "The Jodi Arias!" :maddening:

Once she's sentenced to death the appeals bill will go up in to the millions more throughout her lifetime. Trust me, I know this one all too well.

Hopefully then, she'll get life w/o parole and the appeals issue and related financial concerns won't be an issue.

Completely agree. he seems genuinely, unprofessionally disorganized - I'd even go so far as to call him more lazy than anything (just an observation!)... Someone who is too comfortable/unchallenged in his position.

But then Juan Martinez came along and altered the the sweet breezy existence he thought he was sailing along on... jmv.

Makes me wonder what his other trials were like. People bought this act?

To me it has been an act. Trotting out the books is to project erudition and authority. Especially that suitcase he rolled in yesterday!

Apart from his obvious bias, he came across as lazy, an actor depending upon his ability to establish an easy rapport with the jury. Until JM came along.

I don't think I can watch, listen to, or even mute another HLN commercial. How many minutes out of an hour are used on advertising? And the same ones, over and over and over and over. Hope to be able to live stream going forward.

That chewing baby thing is the worst. Also my bobbin thread kept tangling in the feed dogs. At least that tv station feed is no commercials.

To me it has been an act. Trotting out the books is to project erudition and authority. Especially that suitcase he rolled in yesterday!

Apart from his obvious bias, he came across as lazy, an actor depending upon his ability to establish an easy rapport with the jury. Until JM came along.

And the jury noticed that he STILL forgot to bring the questionnaire that JM asked for the day before - instead, he brought some faxed copy remember? There is a reason he "forgot" to bring it - This guy is so gross and I hope his "career" is done after this carp

"elementary" my friend

And how many mins do they waste per show telling us we won't miss a thing, we are going to hit pause now, when we return we will hit play. .... You didn't miss a thing folks, we pushed pause before the break and now we are going to take you back into the courtroom...

WE GET IT ALREADY! :banghead:

I agree, that was probably the dumbest thing they said all day. Do they really think this jury is that stupid?

I don't think the statement is stupid. I think it's an indictment of Jodi. Her story, her latest one that is, remains EXACTLY the same. Even down to quotes of how she "rolled" away after Travis fell over her, slightly to the side of her, because she was trying to make sure that he didn't get on top of her. and he was "grabbing at her" and her clothes. She said it exactly the same way at least 3 times.

If the jury was listening to Jodi, hopefully they will notice that her story sounds completely rehearsed.

Does anyone have a link (if there is a one?) to the layout of Travis's house; the entire house and not just the crime scene?

Did his house have two sets of stairs? I ask this because the stairs seem to be much wider in one of the photos and although it could be due to the angle, it made me wonder if there are two stairways to get to the upstairs rooms.

If there were two sets of stairs, this would explain quite a bit in regards to the roommates not noticing the smell (that is, if they aren't passing Travis's room on the way to their own).

If only one set of stairs, then how are the other rooms positioned? Are they across the landing (the area with the two love seats), from Travis's? Of all the photos, I still haven't seen where the other rooms are in reference to T's room.

The reminds me of Naura Jackson (was it?) who wore a sweat shirt in the summer and they claimed it was to hide her injuries from killing her mother. Then they showed pics of her on the beach with sweat shirts on. I do not know what time of year the pics on beach were taken, but it could get cold enough to have to wear one on the beach.
On a beach, yeah. In 100 degree Arizona heat, no.

I watch the trial live stream ... no commercials ... no talking heads ... on my computer. When you click on Jodi Arias Trial there is one short ad.

http://live.cnn.com/

Also WPTV - I think that is local channel 5 - I have been on that all the way, except for a bit today. Uncensored and commercial free feed.

That rollie suitcase was hysterical---especially when he didn't have the two most important papers with him. :giggle: :giggle:

Per the Old Farmer's Almanac - the high temp for June 4, 2008 was about 90.

Interestingly, the high temp (this is usually from about noon to dusk, in general) on the 7th and 8th, it's 103. On the 9th it's 105. On the 10th it's 108. Temps recorded a PHX (Sky Harbor - not far from Mesa).

That there was no smell on the 4th makes sense. The temp that day per decomp doesn't seem too relevant. The temperature rose pretty significantly in the days before Travis was found, which makes sense.

But still, 90 in AZ does not give any of us the idea, "Hey! I'll wear a sweatshirt today!" Not unless it's to conceal something imv.

Does anyone have a link (if there is a one?) to the layout of Travis's house; the entire house and not just the crime scene?

Did his house have two sets of stairs? I ask this because the stairs seem to be much wider in one of the photos and although it could be due to the angle, it made me wonder if there are two stairways to get to the upstairs rooms.

If there were two sets of stairs, this would explain quite a bit in regards to the roommates not noticing the smell (that is, if they aren't passing Travis's room on the way to their own).

If only one set of stairs, then how are the other rooms positioned? Are they across the landing (the area with the two love seats), from Travis's? Of all the photos, I still haven't seen where the other rooms are in reference to T's room.

Not needed - We do not question the room-mates. Jodi Arias is the person that slaughtered Travis.

:confused: DMSV?? tia

Unfortunate typo, I think.

The comment was that Jodi "needs" a legitimate medical-esque (legitimate DSM) diagnosis for the self defense theory to fly. You see, she is SANE. Not claiming insanity. No, she is SANE. And SMART. SMARTER than any of us, lol!

So first the DT establishes Travis is a "very bad guy" with lots of salacious stuff.

Then the DT escalates/ establishes Travis as a "scary" guy. That sets the stage for the self defense theory. (Poor Jodi, sniff, dab, wipe, repeat.)

Then the DT establishes that Travis was SOOOOOO scary (and, gulp, deviant!) that Jodi feared for her life! Any minute, he might KILL her. She was SOOO afraid.

Then the DT establishes that Travis was such a BAD, violent, and impulsive guy that he was GOING TO KILL OR MORTALLY HARM JODI FOR THE CAMERA DROPPING THINGIE. (insert eyeroll.) And then.... just blacked out! No memory! She eliminated the threat to her, and whew! Can't remember a thing!

Then the DT has a MEDICAL JUSTIFICATION for the "memory lapse thingie"-- it was PTSD! Because domestic violence is not really a "diagnosis" that would solidly justify stabbing someone nearly 30 times, nearly decapitating them, and shooting them in the head. And kinda just forgetting about all that. So we need a scientific, medical sounding thingie to counter (distract from) the big fat premeditative, pathological liar thingie.

And now we will have the DV expert come in and (try to) mop up the mess left over from Samuels. You see, she was "scared". Really, really scared. And something just "happened" to cause Travis to "pass away". She was defending herself, but just has no memory of all that. Poor Jodi has no idea what happened-- she was just "scared for her life" and "it" happened. Poor, cowering, low self-esteem Jodi. Who just can't remember anything about the killing itself. See how pathetic she looks sitting there at the defense table? Not vampy at all. Not even really attractive. Gosh, this "girl" can't POSSIBLY be the same bleached blonde *advertiser censored* we heard about earlier? Right?! She is a mousy librarian, with low self esteem, bad fashion, and frumpy, greasy hair. Drat, that awful Travis! Look what HE did to HER. (Right?!)

But she remembers an awful lot of detail about what happened before and after. Conveniently.

I think she is going down for at least LWOP. I hope, anyway. I get awfully worried about juries in high profile cases, but I'm trying to be positive.

I don't think the statement is stupid. I think it's an indictment of Jodi. Her story, her latest one that is, remains EXACTLY the same. Even down to quotes of how she "rolled" away after Travis fell over her, slightly to the side of her, because she was trying to make sure that he didn't get on top of her. and he was "grabbing at her" and her clothes. She said it exactly the same way at least 3 times.

If the jury was listening to Jodi, hopefully they will notice that her story sounds completely rehearsed.

don't forget the part where she also mentions he was a wrestler. :blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member