Decomposed Body found in Scurry Co.*3/16/13* - LE identified as being Hailey

Status
Not open for further replies.
But not the sheriffs department?

Which jusidiction does the area fall under?

I'm not 100% what the OP meant, but I interpreted it as meaning that LE must think it is Hailey --- since the CC PD would have jurisdiction over her disappearance inside the city limits. The fact that they are there could mean it really could be her, IMO.

bumping up this map (it is a great visual!)

My first time posting here. This map is great, however the route for shown between Billie and Shawn's work is not the route most locals would use. I've made that trip many times. I have lived on FM 1607 for over 20 yrs, not far from WSI. 37th St and fm1607 are the same road and would be much faster than going around town on 180 IMO.

This is a really good article that was put out during the Jessica Ridgeway case. It is very eye opening. It is in regards to a perp's "awareness space" (here is a snip):

At this point, perhaps the best path to solving this particular murder rests with the ability of law enforcement’s geographic profilers to identify the killer’s awareness space, which is defined as that geographic area that individuals have become familiar with over their lifetime. It is composed of those places that have been incorporated into a person’s memory by repeated exposure.

A person’s, including a criminal’s, awareness space is centered around those locations that are most important to them, starting with their home and including other locations such as work, a friend’s house, the primary stores where they shop, favorite walking paths, etc. It is also composed of the transportation corridors used to connect those locations to one another.

Defining the perpetrator’s awareness space is critical to solving Jessica’s case, because in the vast majority of child abduction murders, as well as other crimes, researchers have found that the perpetrator lives within his awareness space, commits his crimes close to home and within that awareness space, and disposes of his victims and other evidence at the outer edges of the awareness space, generally along the space’s transportation corridors.

This is because when it comes to operating in our comfort zones, criminals, even sociopaths who murder children, have been found to be just like the rest of us. We tend to operate within the areas that we know best.

http://www.boulderweekly.com/articl...ss-lsawareness-spacers-may-lead-to-clues.html

This is someone's loved one. At least it will bring closure to one family soon. And let's hope the prep or Prep's are brought to justice .

My first time posting here. This map is great, however the route for shown between Billie and Shawn's work is not the route most locals would use. I've made that trip many times. I have lived on FM 1607 for over 20 yrs, not far from WSI. 37th St and fm1607 are the same road and would be much faster than going around town on 180 IMO.

:welcome:

And thanks for that info... :seeya:

The question remains still: why did SA go to work that morning? We speculated early on about him maybe getting a jumpsuit. Unless it was just to establish some sort of alibi away from that house at that time? Still wondering.

Alibi, IMO

bille and Shawn were obsessed with the "murder" stories, remember they found a box of stories at Billie's house? My belief is that yes, this was his alibi, who knows what happened that night, drugs, weird sex, we know both Shawn and Billie were involved in. Poor Hailey,, I feel she never survived the night her brother went to his friends house, and both billie and shawn made up this story. It has worked for them, they are not in jail, and another thing,, I cannot find Shawn on people search, where is he? I did find billie's mom Connie O in Luling,, around Austin, which is where Billie is supposed to be,,

So, its a place where kids go to do things they aren't supposed to?

Is it possible that something happened to one of those kids at one of those parties, not to be seen again, and the other kids who know about it won't talk?

That might be the source of the remains.

Yeah, I'm wondering about this as well. From the beginning I wondered whether she snuck out of the house Sunday night to meet friends or go to a party or something, and whether BD and SA's coverup was about making sure word didn't get out about what SA had been doing to her, not that they killed her. Which is why I have always had a lot of hope she was alive.

But if something went wrong at the party, well, that would fit, too.

bille and Shawn were obsessed with the "murder" stories, remember they found a box of stories at Billie's house? My belief is that yes, this was his alibi, who knows what happened that night, drugs, weird sex, we know both Shawn and Billie were involved in. Poor Hailey,, I feel she never survived the night her brother went to his friends house, and both billie and shawn made up this story. It has worked for them, they are not in jail, and another thing,, I cannot find Shawn on people search, where is he? I did find billie's mom Connie O in Luling,, around Austin, which is where Billie is supposed to be,,

I also wondered where Shawn was and if he was still with BD. The old adage "keep your friends close and your enemies closer" comes to mind. If these two were cohorts, then they wouldn't trust each very much, if apart. :facepalm:

We are not allowed to talk about it on here as its not media but earlier on it was said about a argument/fight on the Sunday n ight. There is no doubts whatsoever there was problems in that house Sunday night as thats been confirmed by a person involved. I dont believe Hailey lived through the night:(

As for Shawn hes meant to be all over the place lately but his fb location says Big Springs.

If fascination with murder stories and true crime is an indication of guilt, everybody in this forum is in a hell of a lot of trouble! :D :D :D

Which also means that the parts they did find may have come from somewhere else, equally far away.

That was my first thought when we heard there was so few bones. This might not even be the original dump site. That's my opinion anyway.

But not the sheriffs department?

Which jusidiction does the area fall under?

I believe that Lake JB Thomas is actually in Scurry County, not Mitchell County, where Colorado City lies. And, Snyder is about 10 miles closer than Colorado City. So, why are the Colorado City police involved. Hmmm...

Question - when did it become known that SA took her to work that day? That's something I missed. Makes perfect sense now. And why he came in and quit is beyond me. Couldn't handle it? I mean, you're going to have to handle police and reporters and etc....Why didn't he stay that day??

there are routes between Ccty and Snyder other than 208

the Scurry county line borders with Borden app. 2 miles west on 3236...the search area was about a mile from the border

SA's phone was pinging off the tower in Ccty from app. 6:30 to 7:00am Mon... because of the area the tower reaches,this doesn't necessarily mean he was IN Ccty proper. If a cell phone is in Snyder, its not going to ping the Ccty tower.

It may be possible that Ccty LE was only assisting in the search for the simple matter of them being additional personnel available in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon