Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes even after reading the statements there are still some pieces that don't fit together. TMcH said she was speaking to GBC about 5.30 on the 19th of April, while he was dropping the girls dinner (sausages) to EBC. So did he stay for dinner as well and then take them home, or did they stay the night with BC Snrs, was that the reason for ABC last phone call to Olivia, how are the girls etc, or are you bringing them home now? Where the BC's or Olivia at the Brookfield house around 8.30pm on the 19th?

Yes, that has always seemed odd to me too. Surely the kids have told someone if they really weren't home? I f that's the case do you think they would have revealed it by now? Seems that would be one massive lie from GBC. Also if for some reason they went to sleep at their house but were taken to the BC's during the night then that would also be a huge lie.
Something just isn't right there. The girls either slept through it all or woke up and heard something.

I'm usually not a note taker unless it's really important, and I jotted down a note for myself during the hearing, saying Jocelyn Frost mentioned Toni had "a terrible temper" and that she was worried about Toni, "that she might do something with her life"

But why would she have confronted Allison now, after 3 1/2 years of not doing it? Why would TM have insisted on GBC telling Allison that she was going to be at the conference the next day, hence trying to avoid seeing her there? Why would TM have phoned GBC from the conference enquiring why Allison wasn't there? After TM found out that Allison had gone missing, she must have felt some guilt and drained by the whole situation. I feel like having a nap every single day at around 3 pm, buy I'm at work and can't sleep then.

TM doesn't strike me as confrontational. She was meek on the stand, played second fiddle with GBC for over 3 years and according to the statements given by work colleagues, shrunk away and avoided Allison when she was present.

Yes, that has always seemed odd to me too. Surely the kids have told someone if they really weren't home? I f that's the case do you think they would have revealed it by now? Seems that would be one massive lie from GBC. Also if for some reason they went to sleep at their house but were taken to the BC's during the night then that would also be a huge lie.
Something just isn't right there. The girls either slept through it all or woke up and heard something.

From what was said in one of the statements regarding the girls demeanor
and discipline, I think they might have been bought up not to say much to adults and certainly not contradict them (similar to the upbringing of many of us in 1960's). They are young girls and I would think that so much happened on Friday 20th April and in the subsequent that they would have no idea now whether they slept at Grandma's or at home, and was that the night they heard the screams or not. The children seemed to have been taken to school just as police were arriving, no chance to ask them really. Personally, I would have thought it more appropriate i the children had of spent the Friday with Grandma, but perhaps the thought was that school was a better option to keep their minds off Mum.

Add to that that TM had Allisons phone number in her phone so she would be prepared in case she ( Allison)ever called her.

After seeing TM on the witness stand I think she is still in love with GBC. I think that she avoided looking at him so as not to break down in the courtroom.

As for travelling in the taxi to the units in Fortitude Valley where they were together talking, I feel the cab ride would have been taken in silence so as to not record their conversation or be overheard. What they didn't realise was that the security cameras don't record sound.

Personally, I would have thought it more appropriate i the children had of spent the Friday with Grandma, but perhaps the thought was that school was a better option to keep their minds off Mum.n

See I don't find it strange that they were sent to school. Under normal circumstances what person would imagine that their mother had been murdered the previous night. At that stage she was just missing ( possibly for only an hour if we believe GBC )
At school they are safe and being cared for , freeing up family to look for their mother. This is how I think your average, normal family would proceed in the circumstances.

See I don't find it strange that they were sent to school. Under normal circumstances what person would imagine that their mother had been murdered the previous night. At that stage she was just missing ( possibly for only an hour if we believe GBC )
At school they are safe and being cared for , freeing up family to look for their mother. This is how I think your average, normal family would proceed in the circumstances.

But the children were told "Mummy had fallen down a hole and probably wouldn't be back", I think that idea is a dreadful one for young children to ponder on, and why I feel staying with family would have been more appropriate, if that really is what was said to the girls.

But the children were told "Mummy had fallen down a hole and probably wouldn't be back", I think that idea is a dreadful one for young children to ponder on, and why I feel staying with family would have been more appropriate, if that really is what was said to the girls.

Yes, I agree that is a dreadful thing in the midst of a murder investigation.

But think for a moment though if GBC had been awful to Allison all the time. Maybe he always said horrible things about her or to her in front of the kids.
This then wouldnt be unusual for them. Just daddy not being very nice to mummy again. Almost like he said it hoping thats what had happened to her.
(although we suspect he knew that wasnt true)
He could have said "maybe she got hit by a bus"

Can you see what I am trying to say ?

Another thing that struck me as odd in GBC's recorded interview with Sgt Jackson & SsGt Curtiss is that G says he and OW measured the distance from the bus stop to their home along Allison's normal route.

Quick anyone in Brisbane put 4BC on - speaking to lawyer about BC case now !!

<modsnip>

I think GBC is as guilty as anything !!!

I think in a "normal" family that it is a dreadful thing to say !
This was no "normal" family :(

My point was purely that I think it quite reasonable to send them to school. In my eyes it makes family available to help with the search. But we all know that's not what happened, which I think is why we find it so offensive that they were sent to school.

I have always found that really sad that these little girls went to school thinking there mum had fallen down a hole and wasn't returning???? Wonder if there teachers were spoken to by ow about circumstances, you would think anyone with any decency or concern would have contacted school to keep an eye on the girls that day. Wonder if teachers were interviewed by police ?

Years ago our dog went missing just around the time the kids got up to get ready for school. they were devastated and didn't want to go to school. I ended up having to keep them home because they were bawling their eyes out. I don't know how bad they would have been if their MOTHER was missing.... esp if the police had been called. Not just your average "Mummy's running a bit late."

[quoteI have always found that really sad that these little girls went to school thinking there mum had fallen down a hole and wasn't returning???? ][/quote]
The girls were probably accustomed to hearing him say awful things,and who knows he may have said worse in the past.

I have always found that really sad that these little girls went to school thinking there mum had fallen down a hole and wasn't returning???? Wonder if there teachers were spoken to by ow about circumstances, you would think anyone with any decency or concern would have contacted school to keep an eye on the girls that day. Wonder if teachers were interviewed by police ?

It would horrible for them to leave home that morning with police at the house and knowing there were concerns about their mothers where abouts! I think they would be spending the day wondering "Is Mummy home yet??"

I can see what you are saying but I think to have made such trite comments "as she has fallen down a hole" to young children regarding their mother WHEN you (in this case GBC) have notified police of that their mother is missing is horrid. All I can imagine doing is giving them hugs and reassuring them that Mum is alright and in that case sending them off to school as on any normal day. What I would have then done is tired ringing Allison a few more times and gone for a drive around and then traveled to work. If I had had no contact by say 10am I would have gone back home and rung the police. If there had been a big argument the night before you could have thought that Allison had gone for a walk and was dealing returning home until GBC had left so the situation wouldn't escalate again. The more I think about it, the more his action on the morning of April 20 point to someone who knows that the person in question isn't going to turn up

Why not leave the girls with EBC? OW's children were in town and if they were at EBC's why not have them all together playing? Sending them to school after being told mummy fell down a hole is very odd to me. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa