a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
To anyone who has EVER BEEN abused in childhood or in a partner relationship in any shape or form ALV has sold her soul to the devil here. She is a professional, she would know when she is being lied to, especially by someone up on a murder charge. I've been abused in every way and I'm NOT an abuser. I did some self destructive things in my teen years but accepted the responsibility for my own behavior, put myself through college and didn't blame anyone else. I seemed to always attract people who wanted to use me. FWIW I couldn't ever raise my hand to another even to protect myself and I cannot stand someone raising their voice to me. I run or leave! ALV insults me when she defends JA. Travis was the abused.

Same here ...it is beyond insulting jmo

Happy Easter! Hope you all have a great day!

Interesting! I was wondering if some of the people sitting on her side (other than mom, aunt, donovan) were relatives like cousins or nieces... good to hear that they are Travis supporters. I would give anything to know the full story of her family and what has really been going on with them since her childhood. Of course, we'll likely never know all of it, but I sure hope some of them talk after the trial is over. Kind of strange that none of the residents of Yreka even talk about her. Usually you can get somebody to spill beans, but nothing, crickets. Maybe they're afraid.

The side ja's family sits on is also the public side of the courtroom. The side Travis's family sits on is reserved for family, family friends, and media.
The rest of us sit behind the family of ja. So, while it may look like she has support, she does not.
I think that is why we're given "the talk" before we go inside. We sit behind ja's family and we're told not to make remarks or faces about the family or defendant because it can be heard. If "D" hears anyone saying anything she doesn't like about ja or her family she reports it.

I know what you mean, I have wondered the same thing about her past. Usually the media digs up every and any thing on a defendant and their family, but next to nothing on this one.

She was born in Salinas and later moved to Yreka. I don't know how much of her life was spent in each place.

Do you think the whole purpose of her testimony is to try to convince just one woman on the jury to hold out? So far every defense witness has ended up looking like a prosecution witness by the time cross was done. ALV's "all men are evil" attitude can only further harden the men again JA, so they have to be hoping one sympathetic woman falls for her and gums up the works. Do you get that feeling at all?

That may be her angle, but I don't think it will work. Most of the women on the jury look like mothers and may be offended by "all men are evil", especially if they have sons. MOO.
I haven no kids and I'm offended by her "women are weak/helpless men are abusers" schtick. It's old, tired, and takes us back to 1950, shoot, maybe back to 1850... Anyway, I don't think it will work.

Once Juan gets his turn she will be flipped to a state's witness without her knowing it. :) MOO, of course.

This cannot be lost on the Jury can it? They MUST be noticing the absence of emotions to and from Arias and her Mother??? This is VERY telling and I was just wondering if this might impact the Jury in any way?

I haven't observed the jury watching ja or her family. If they have noticed I haven't seen it. I think what will seal ja's fate is the evidence against her.

I hope some of the jurors will agree to be interviewed so we will know what their thoughts were, and what they observed while in the jury box.

Kind of OT with this question. Has anyone else tried to get up from the position Travis was in in the shower. I tried it last night and had to roll over on all fours first. Just wondering if anyone else could get up faster or more easily from that position and confined space. IMO that in itself would have allowed her time to leave.

For some reason I can't keep thinking about gravity versus position he was in. Have you ever tried the old trick where you sit with your arms crossed and feet flat on the floor and tried to get up? Same idea. Seems there was one like that that you could keep someone from getting up with two fingers touching their forehead. Okay now that I've gotten that notion off my chest I feel better.

Yes, I'm sure it was awkward in that little shower, which makes me wonder why he sat there in the first place. He was scrunched up. It looks like a 24x24 to me. But I guess it depends on the person, what kind of shape they're in. I for one, have a very difficult time getting off the floor at all. :)

That may be her angle, but I don't think it will work. Most of the women on the jury look like mothers and may be offended by "all men are evil", especially if they have sons. MOO.
I haven no kids and I'm offended by her "women are weak/helpless men are abusers" schtick. It's old, tired, and takes us back to 1950, shoot, maybe back to 1850... Anyway, I don't think it will work.

Once Juan gets his turn she will be flipped to a state's witness without her knowing it. :) MOO, of course.

1000% AGREE!!!:seeya:

I have a feeling ALV is gonna get worse before she gets flipped. Honestly I don't know how much more of her I can stomach before cross, but it's been one of those weeks.

did the roomates pay their rent to travis for june? if they did,where is it,,i hope jm looked at travis bank statement,,withdraws from ta account,,deposit in ja

I don't know, but assume at least one of them did.
That would be a great question to ask one of the former roommates. One of them has been on the TH shows a time or two.

i think she dumped it at a campground,someplace where she would not be out of place if seen,,,most camp grounds have showers also

I think it's likely she cleaned up at a campground. I've thought that for a couple of months.

Hi all,
I'm newly-registered here and wanted to thank everyone for all of the info that has been posted. Watching the trial allows me to learn about the justice system and the law, however watching this forum allows me to learn that intelligent, passionate and thoughtful people exist in numbers far greater than cold-blooded sociopaths. What warms me the most is how you all support each other; be it in your views on this case as well as what is going on far beyond the courthouse.
So again, thanks for doing what you've been doing and I hope to be able to keep up!

Thank you!
Welcome to Websleuths!

:welcome4::wagon::welcome4:

I have a feeling ALV is gonna get worse before she gets flipped. Honestly I don't know how much more of her I can stomach before cross, but it's been one of those weeks.

I've actually found this woman the worst witness to watch yet. Whereas I found Samuels idiotic & a comical figure really, I found Alyce to be smug & so simplistic in her generalisations. It's obvious she is the cornerstone of the defense- Jodi's story is linked as much as possible to this woman's mumbo jumbo. She had the nerve to say that the fact that Jodi didn't report Travis to the police is a clasic sign of being abused, i.e. hiding it from others. NO! It's a classic sign that there was no abuse to report!
Another things, she seemed very behind the times, she doesn't text message etc., but then testified she analysed Jodi's & Travis's messages. She also copied Jodi's irritating turning to the jury to answer in such a fake, deliberate way that it almost seemed like she was snubbing Martinez. I'm going to watch her testimony the next day so i can fast forward the annoying parts.

I think it's likely she cleaned up at a campground. I've thought that for a couple of months.

I have been thinking the same...a quick clean up at Travis's ...a more thorough clean up at a campground...jmo

I have to confess. I haven't watched much of her testi-baloney because I can't stomach her. What I have seen/heard has been offensive to me as a survivor of abuse. I'd rather pull weeds or get a root canal than listen to her. :)
:moo: MOO :moo:

I have been thinking the same...a quick clean up at Travis's ...a more thorough clean up at a campground...jmo

Thing is though she would have been DRENCHED in blood from head to toe at the house and there wasn't really a sign of blood being tramped from the bathroom to the laundry room, out the door or garage or anything. She had to be pretty clean when she left the house I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike