long weekend break: discuss the latest here #114

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC Nurmi went into Private Practice. Tried to get off this case due to this. I believe he is being paid what he would charge if he was working at his Practise. My recollection anyhoo.

I really was being sarcastic. :D But truthfully, even if he is getting paid what he would make in private practice - why not do it - he is guaranteed income if he stays on instead of searching out sex offenders to play with, and then he can have Jodi edit his nice little book. Sarcasm intended.

Good question, and I hope that someone has the answer. I recall seeing Casey's commissary purchases during her incarceration. CA liked cheese curls :)

Jody probably buys Tootsie Pops, Pop Rocks, Toblerones, and K-Y. :lol:

Well now that particulat *advertiser censored* can have all the cheese curls she wants.:furious:

I'm sure this has been answered before, but in LDS theology will TA be denied the highest heaven - the Celestial Kingdom - because of his sexual sin just prior to death? I can so see Jodi taunting him with that as she killed him.

I believe our Heavenly Father will judge us on how we have lived our whole life, TA was good man with human weaknesses. I hope he spent his last few mins asking for forgiveness for those weaknesses. Heavenly Father knows what's in our hearts, will judge him accordingly. It's so sad

:please:Those were the longest 4 days of my life,lets move this trial onward people!!!!

Good question, and I hope that someone has the answer. I recall seeing Casey's commissary purchases during her incarceration. CA liked cheese curls :)

Jody probably buys Tootsie Pops, Pop Rocks, Toblerones, and K-Y. :lol:

My guess is that we'll see something like...

Peanut butter and KY Jelly on wheat bread sliced straight across
OJ
Chobani yogurt - blood orange flavor
Lay's potato chips

IIRC Nurmi went into Private Practice. Tried to get off this case due to this. I believe he is being paid what he would charge if he was working at his Practise. My recollection anyhoo.

Exactly....he grumped until the court said they would pay his private practice rate

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I would think JA would want to park as close as possible to house/appartment/townhouse. Just further to carry clean up stuff no?

Sure, I agree that what you're saying makes sense on the surface. But first and foremost, she couldn't allow herself to be seen by anybody, so parking farther away was the lesser of two evils.

carnnell said:
I forgot to share that I read, and we all know, there was no stippling and/or gunshot residue on Travis thus Arias had to shoot him approx. 1-3 ft away. Consequently, Arias couldn't have shot Travis during the "Flying Nun" tackle. The autopsy report said Travis was 69 inches or 5'9". Arias reported she was 66 inches or 5' 6" (she added 1/2 inch). Travis would have had to be really below Arias to shoot him from above the right eyebrow (right slightly left) resting in the left check bone area from a min. of 3 ft away.

I sure hope I am making sense. I wish we had a mathematician who could figure it out for us hahahahha.

JMHO

Sorry to butt in but don't you mean she had to shoot him from more than 3-4 feet away? Any closer than that would have left stippling and/or gunshot residue. MOO

Tri-Color (or is it Strawberry Shortcake?) must be a real threat to JA! But the real threat to the Prosecution is the tattle-tale who ratted Tri-Color out! It only takes one juror, sigh!

On another note, I wish the Judge would tell AVL to stop smiling at the jurors every time she gets a chance! It's infuriating!
Strawberry Shortcake was a juror in the Scott Peterson trial.

I can't really tell, she's alone in the room, has paper on the table. It looks like she reaches behind her and gets something, uses it to mark on the paper, then plugs it in again? It makes a noise...

She unplugged whatever is plugged into that outlet and used the plug ends to try to write with, then heard footsteps coming towards the door and plugged it back in. You can see her unplug it shortly after she finishes singing.

she was relating what's going on, i.e. rumors and defense desperation. Katie seemed a little upset-I think this thing has gotten so big and she's gotten a lot of attention and I hope she's OK. I digress.

It didn't help that DD started out trying to ask Katie about a rumor that he "heard" she knew about-"Jodi and a male juror are flirting". I felt so bad for Katie. She shut it right down and that's when she said all kinds of rumors are going on...

I've never been at the center or even the periphery of a media maelstrom and it's always been my idea of hell. I hope Katie and the other innocents take care of themselves. The defense would not hesitate to make whatever allegations they felt might benefit their client. I think she is being very careful about what she says on DD. These shows don't care about these people-they care about ratings.

BBM

Sorry, but reading through past posts and wanted to get this off my chest.

Hey HLN staff who are following these threads: Stop speculating about these jurors. It leads to Attys speculating then to motions, then to hearings, and so forth and so on.

Stop the tabloid trash, stop scripting and get back to being a news organization. Otherwise the only audience you will have left is the Jerry Springer crowd.

She unplugged whatever is plugged into that outlet and used the plug ends to try to write with, then heard footsteps coming towards the door and plugged it back in. You can see her unplug it shortly after she finishes singing.

BBM

If you can call it that. My ears bled profusely until it stopped.

I really was being sarcastic. :D But truthfully, even if he is getting paid what he would make in private practice - why not do it - he is guaranteed income if he stays on instead of searching out sex offenders to play with, and then he can have Jodi edit his nice little book. Sarcasm intended.

LOL Gotcha. I think we the Public should get a portion of Nurmi's pay. For the cruelty he inflicts on us during his Questioning.

I know she testified that she parked in her usual spot...in the middle of the driveway.

I don't believe her.

Had she parked in the driveway, Enrique certainly would've seen her car there the next morning when he left for work.

I swear I read somewhere that one of the roommates was driving a white car as well - so if she did park in the driveway maybe no one would have noticed?

Morning gang!!
The judge dressed the DT down pretty good about the order of protection thing - the minutes made me laugh. Here's a snip:

LATER:
The Court has considered the public records requests filed by the Maricopa County
Office of Public Defense Services (OPDS), defendant’s Motion for Protective Order, counsel’s
arguments, and the Court’s minute entry in this case dated September 25, 2012.
In the previous ruling on September 25, 2012, the Court denied a motion by defendant to
have all billing records sealed. The Court noted that OPDS “routinely redacts privileged
information from billing documents prior to releasing documents sought through a public record
request,” and found the OPDS practice sufficient to prevent the harm defendant sought to avoid
in the motion to seal. Defendant’s current Motion for Protective Order is nearly identical, both in
terms of reasons for the request and relief sought.
The “law of the case” doctrine generally prevents the court from reopening questions that
have already been decided by the court. However, the doctrine is procedural and “does not
deprive a judge of the power to change his or her own nonfinal rulings or the nonfinal rulings of
another judge of that same court sitting on the same case simply because the question was ruled
on at an earlier stage.” Davis v. Davis, 195 Ariz. 158, 162, ¶¶ 13-14, 985 P.2d 643, 647
(App.1999). Defendant’s current motion is nearly identical to the previous motion and does not
provide a new legal justification or a change in circumstances sufficient to warrant a deviation
from the previous ruling in this case.
Counsel for the ABC News and CNN-HLN Network/Turner stated the public record
requests for records from OPDS do not seek any detailed billings. Rather, these public records
requests to OPDS seek only total hours billed, total dollars paid, and the rates paid. As a result,
the current public records requests can be satisfied under the Court’s minute entry in this case
dated September 25, 2012.
For the foregoing reasons,
IT IS ORDERED denying defendant’s Motion for Protective Order.

She basically said, "You already tried that - quit bothering me." lol

SO, I am hoping if Nurmi had made a mountain out of a molehill on the juror debacle, the judge will again, dress him down properly.

There have been many things appealed on in our cases that were never brought up at the trial level. They were never considered "mentally retarded" until the US Supreme Court ruled we can't execute the mentally retarded over a decade after they were sentenced then voila they became mentally retarded. 7 yrs and 10 million dollars later, one of them was released from death row.

The one good thing-he can't be with his brother anymore. That makes me very happy. It isn't a lot but through your story they were obviously close and keeping them apart is a huge punishment for them...IMO

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member