trial day 39: the defense continues its case in chief #117

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never read that Ted Bundy converted to Hinduism. I have read that he "died a Methodist" and did not embrace Mormonism but I never heard that he converted to Hinduism. Interesting.

Speaking of Ted Bundy, a former FBI profiler and the consultant to Criminal Minds was on Showbiz Tonight again and again he compared Jodi to Ted Bundy. :what:

He also said she is a highly intelligent psychopath/sociopath!

You can be heartbroken and also resigned that you are raising/have raised a dangerous person.

As a mother, you have all the same love and feeling for the angry one and you wonder what you did differently. You blame yourself until their behavior becomes so bad you begin to think of mental illness. Then you find out there is no cure. When I was raising children in the 70's and 80's they didn't give kids pills and I never heard of a mentally ill child - just retarded.

Certainly parents never looked for signs of sociopathy or autism or ADHD. The diseases were around but they just didn't have the names. I took my son to MANY psychiatrists and doctors - the best in the field and the consensus of all their advice - get ready for it - was "You have a difficult violent child. Be sure to give him lots of attention and my favorite, "Try to be a good listener--and if you can, remarry."

If you have ever seen "The Bad Seed" imagine being that girl's mother. My heart goes out to her mother. She probably didn't have the money or time to give her daughter the extra care and supervision she needed. I did and, hate to say it, but it didn't really matter. One psychiatrist saw my despair and said, "Hey, don't feel so bad-- if it weren't for you and all you've done, he would have been institutionalized before he was ten."

Thank-you... great post...:beats:

ANYONE REMEMBER TRAVIS SAYING TO JODI THAT SHE WAS ACTING JUST LIKE HER MOTHER?? I SEEM TO RECALL IT MADE HER VERY ANGRY! :twocents:

Yes, we remember (but don't yell - your CAPS LOCK button must be on).

This is a dysfunctional family to say the least. The mother knows that JA was capable of killing Travis. So does her Father.

Nurmis following someone on twitter
shelli @iheartCourtRms
Missed my calling to be a lawyer so I follow courtroom dramas & do the...
Followed by Kirk Nurmi and 4 others.
Following: 58 · Followers: 100

Nurmi is really bucking for a mistrial, isn't he!

Originally Posted by Ricki
She certainly likes getting things in sets of two. Kinda of weird.
[BBM]She also was caught with 2 pens several times.

2 cheesburgers
2 sunscreens
2 face cleansers[/B]

Is it possible that Jodi could actually have a split personality? QUOTE]

Could be, I'm no mental health care professional, but then again the highly educated (35yrs experience)DocS testified he at first considered then eliminated "Multiple Personality Disorder" ....instead he labeled her a "Fognesiac!"
(Bumped Ricki up too as I hadn't realized how frequently her "2" quirk has been popping up....split personality.)

I will pretty much repeat a post I made earlier, but it is my view of it.. The only thing this article says is the juror was shaking their head "no." The report is from someone saying on TV they saw people saying this juror was shaking her head, the person making the call didn't sound like they even observed it and it could have been just a complete sensational piece on HLN (they love that yknow). BUT, I think if she was shaking her head "no" it could be like how many of us at home shake their head "no" as JA testifies. I know I shook my head all the time at JA's testimony because she, IMHO, was often full of crap.. Here is a quote from my past post..."I would significantly doubt #5 was "coaching" JA... she probably has a difficult time containing her thoughts to just inside her mind and not a physical reaction. I have problems too, I unconsciously react physically often. I do think it is improper for a juror to react physically because it is obviously frowned upon and could be distracting for other jurors around her but I seriously doubt it was any attempt at coaching JA not to answer or to answer "no." It may just have been #5's disbelief or #5's belief in what the true answer is! I wonder who made that call to Stephens!?"

Moo, again :moo::moo:

While sitting at the DTable, I saw Willmott shake her head no to several yes or no questions when both jodi and doc sam was testifying. I wonder if the jurers saw that. Seems to me that would influence jurers also.. no?

If she was coaching Jodi why would they want her to be dismissed? Im confused.

Someone THOUGHT she was coaching Jodi and brought it up to the judge. Seeing as it was nothing considered to be misconduct by the judge #5 stayed on, so that whole business turned out to be nothing.

As for #5's dismissal... she earned it. The judge interviewed each juror and whatever #5 did, said or saw was deemed to be enough misconduct to dismiss her, and this was discovered during those interviews. Jodi nor her defense team could have had her dismissed on a whim. The defense found out about it or another juror might have let it be known they thought it wasn't appropriate and/or showed bias and whatever it was that caused her to be dismissed is on her.

I don't care if she was pro defense or pro prosecution, and at this stage she shouldn't be EITHER - and same goes for the rest of the jurors. If she did something or said something or saw something that showed bias to either faction then she deserved to go. And whatever that something was the judge agreed that it warranted dismissal. I'd FAR rather her be dismissed than not and end up having whatever the issue was be a cause for a guilty verdict to be successfully appealed and a new trial granted for Arias.

I feel badly for her that she was dismissed seeing as it upset her so much, but she DID do something considered to be misconduct by the judge and deserved to be dismissed for it. Hopefully, this one dismissal will be a lesson to the rest of the jurors that they have to be diligent in adhearing to the admonitions and keep their lips zipped and an UNBIASED mind until they begin deliberations since that's their JOB, and it doesn't matter if a juror is biased to one side or the other since NONE of them at this stage should be as that would make them unfit for jury service.

I just saw the first part of the tape, and she really is genuinely coming apart. You can't tell me she isn't being honest, and she sounds genuinely afraid for her mentally ill daughter. On the other hand, she did help her get the rental car... maybe she just wanted to get her on the road and away from the family. I mean, I just have no idea at this point. :cow:

BBM

I think this is the reason - she wanted Jodi to just leave so the family wouldn't have to deal with her or LE any longer. There is a history of Jodi leaving and the parents not going after her to get her to return home. When she moved back from Mesa, she sure did not go to Mum and Dad's place.

Travis was the first man to dump Jodi. She couldn't take the narcissistic injury.

Ditto Bundy. The love of his life dumped him, after which he went on a murder spree killing more than 35 women.

The parallels between the 2 are striking. Thank God JA was caught right away. :what:

Speaking of Ted Bundy, a former FBI profiler and the consultant to Criminal Minds was on Showbiz Tonight again and again he compared Jodi to Ted Bundy. :what:

After watching Arias for 120 days, I'm tempted to suggest that a certain former FBI profiler owes Ted Bundy an apology.

Ditto Bundy. The love of his life dumped him, after which he went on a murder spree killing more than 35 women.

The parallels between the 2 are striking. Thank God JA was caught right away. :what:

Narcissistic rage

If she was in fact suicidal, she'd been on suicide watch. Of course, moo.

When they found the gun in the second rental car, I don't think she was intending to kill herself. She had a target(s).

Trigger warning

15-20% of bipolars don't just talk about taking their own life. :(

I didn't follow the Bundy case but I know one when I see one.

BBM

I think this is the reason - she wanted Jodi to just leave so the family wouldn't have to deal with her or LE any longer. There is a history of Jodi leaving and the parents not going after her to get her to return home. When she moved back from Mesa, she sure did not go to Mum and Dad's place.

Thanks, that's all true and does make a lot of sense. It's consistent with her vagabond style as well. I imagine they were greatly relieved to see her go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz