trial day 39: the defense continues its case in chief #117

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am an active Mormon, and my husband is currently a bishop. No way good Mormons would EVER consider Travis' sex life or potential poor treatment in a relationship (so SHE says) as an excuse for what she did to him. In my opinion everything I've heard about him: the good, the bad, and the gettin freaky, makes him more human to me, and makes me so sad to think about what ultimately happened to him. Mormons are actually not judgmental about past mistakes because we have a testimony in the Atonement of Jesus Christ and believe a person can move past a bad past and do better. I think Travis was trying to do that. What a Mormon would NOT look fondly at is professing momon beliefs and continuing to lie their pants off every time they open their mouth.

Being from Scotland there isn't an abundance of Mormons so I have no perspective of things like this.
Its reassuring to know that Travis wouldn't have been excommunicated for his mistakes.

What is your take on jodi being baptized? Can someone be flat out refused into the mormon church? Im not religious but people like her that imo abuse and use a religion/faith get on my nerves. She pretty much used it to try and trap travis.

What is a mormon take on heaven/hell? We all know where she is going but what is in your opinion of what is in store for saint jodi of arias

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

ok at one point in her testimony she said something to the effect of...at least that is what I pretented/proported or something like that in reference to being a mormon. I'm looking for the link.

having said that...I've been wrong tonight on another issue :)

I looked at well no luck yet. What she said was that "she wanted to appear to be a good mormon. still looking for link.

bbm,which I thought was odd too.

Nope - It's called Dysfunctional. The parents evidently ignored and actually allowed her to move out of their house and drop out of high school as a sophmore (one year after she kicked the family dog to death) and move in with Bobby Juarez.....:what: And here we are.

Just want to add that often times it is very difficult to persuade or obtain help for those members of our family who have mental illness and/or personality disorders. This can be because of the current state of mental health laws that make it difficult to compel someone to get help or even a diagnosis, lack of insurance to pay for help for mental health, denial, ignorance of mental health issues, social stigma, etc.

Not trying to make excuses for the parents. I have two siblings that are seriously messed up mentally, one is paranoid, possible paranoid schizophrenic at this point; and another who is likely a narcissist, histrionic personality and who knows what else. Over the years I have tried various acceptable approaches to convince my siblings that they need to talk to a mental health professional; all methods have failed. I cannot compel them to seek help as they haven't tried to physically hurt anyone. Both live with my elderly mother. Now I get to enjoy watching my narcissistic sibling isolate my mother from each of her remaining children, which she will fail at accomplishing completely, but this sibling has definitely done some serious damage to our relationships.

Blah, blah, blah...serious mental illness sucks for everyone involved. Tragically Jodi didn't get derailed somehow before her premeditated trip to Travis's home in June 2008.

Just watched Arias' parents talking to Detective Flores. It's nice (or rather it's a relief) to see Arias' mother act normal, you know? I don't understand why she is so smug in court. She even rolled her eyes when Travis' sisters were emotional.

I don't get why Arias' mother can't just be normal in court. She is another victim of Arias. Why can't she give this trial its due respect?

Just watched Arias' parents talking to Detective Flores. It's nice (or rather it's a relief) to see Arias' mother act normal, you know? I don't understand why she is so smug in court. She even rolled her eyes when Travis' sisters were emotional.

I don't get why Arias' mother can't just be normal in court. She is another victim of Arias. Why can't she give this trial its due respect?

Where did you watch them? I'm interested in seeing them, too.

I'm bringing this over from the Observer thread because it's more of a discussion topic. :seeya:

As far as I'm concerned...any expert called as a witness in a DP case should have enough experience to be able to quickly identify the "mental" or personality disorders of the person they are representing!!

The fact that she seems to be clueless to the truth in this case is very concerning and speaks volumes as to her qualifications... even not knowing any of the evidential facts of the case, as a professional, she should be able to figure out something isn't quite right with Jodi!

None of us are professionals, and as lay people we had Jodi figured out in a matter of minutes!! What's ALV problem?

I still like and feel apprehensive for ALV. If she stuck to the admonition not to follow the trial until called to testify, she has no clue - or is just gaining a dawning realization - of the scope and breadth of Jodi Arias' litany of lies and manipulations. I suspect that might have something to do with her growing terror. Correct me if I'm wrong (and I am. A LOT! :D), but the DT could absolutely have given her completely one-sided or limited information. In fact, wouldn't that be a good idea strategically? Why would they give her the true story when the defense story presented as truth would make her a more convincing witness? ALV is too accomplished and together imo, especially compared to Samuels, to just make up things out of whole cloth. At the time of her analysis I am certain she believed these things to be true. I try to remember that these witnesses don't have the omniscient perspective we have. I am very interested to see what Juan does on cross for a lot of reasons and won't be surprised if she actually gets turned into a witness for the prosecution. MOO

In the meantime, her current back and forth with Wilmott makes me sleep like a baby, so I appreciate her for that. :blushing:

I used to Lurk but decided it was time to jump right in and you need to do the same. Give us your thoughts
:seeya:

Originally Posted by m1279 View Post
I'm sorry Not trying to be a "tattle tale," was just getting a little uncomfortable with the religious talk. Carry on, I'm going back to lurking lol

I agree with Auburn, m1279, give us your thoughts, if you aren't comfortable reading the discussion about the religious evidence, then just scroll & roll past it. :seeya:

I know some people are upset with tri-color for allegedly talking to someone and saying something she shouldn't have. Part of me is having thoughts about all the what-ifs...what influence would she have had? What info is in her notes that other jurors may have forgot, but would effect their opinions? etc. etc. This is all assuming she would have ended up being one of the 12 selected.

I think it's best to wait and see what was said before passing judgment. With the way this judge has been handling things, it could have been something innocent that can be misinterpreted, but the judge doesn't want to take any chances.

It's no secret that she is believed to be pro-prosecution. I would assume after calming down, she would investigate the case further. Part of me would love to see her in court sitting on the side of Travis' family to show support and figuratively give JA the finger.

Does anyone know if Jodi has received marriage proposals while in jail--as numerous male killers have? (Including Bundy IIRC.)

Well, I haven't heard back on my proposal yet. Still waiting with bated breath.

I fell asleep during the expert's testimony! I woke up when the Judge said 'Please remember your admonitions. You are excused.' lol.

I got iced coffee today so I can actually stay up. I'm hoping we'll get to see JM today. I'm so thrilled at the Defense is nearly done. I cannot wait for the next phase of the trial.

Ok back to reading through this entire thread!

Unfortunately, I do not share your hope of seeing Juan today, as much as I want to see him set this woman straight. Wilmont was still on the year 2007...the end of October. I don't know if there is court tomorrow. Do you? If so, tomorrow might be the day we see him. If not it will give Juan more time to make a plan of questioning regarding ALVs' testimony.

No matter what religion (if any) we belong to I think we can all agree that motives of the heart make all the difference.From everything I've learned about him he was a really kind soul. He was striving to walk the narrow path but stumbled a few times. Again, motives matter.

That is why even the seemingly 'nice' things Arias may have done throughout her life are tainted. Her motives were to use and abuse, to manipulate for her own base desires.
She is pure evil. Even if Arias were given a choice to be completely transformed into an angel she'd still choose the dark side.

Is it possible that Jodi could actually have a split personality?

We saw her on the interrogation tapes talking to herself outloud. Could it be possible she was talking to her other self? This whole "Two Thing" is really beyond bizarre.

Put her down for OCD too!

I'm guessing the obsession with 2 stems from her (twin) mother issues.

So, still catching up but have to go to work AGAIN..lol

So JA's parent's didn't even know what to do? How could TA possibly know how to handle her? Her parents knew her better than anyone!

Honestly, I can't fault the parents to any great degree. In order for a person to get help, they have to want it. When a child hits the teen years, even as young as 13/14 you can take them to the dr but they have to be willing to talk to the dr...and usually they won't. Its a hard thing, mental illness. My aunt is bipolar. Diagnosed late in her life, late 30's early 40's. Reality is that I would spend summers at her house watching my little cousins. There were days my aunt would repain the entire house in a weekend, never sleep. Then go to work and crash that week sometime. For us, as a family, that was just the way she was. Seriously. Sure, there were times we had to tiptoe around her because she did have outbursts, but again, that is the way she was. Until the day she was forced to evaluate what was going on because it had spiraled out of control.

I think her parents may have tried to do what they could. I hope they did. But honestly, I don't know that they could have changed the outcome. I don't think there is a magic pill to cure what ails JA. She is probably taking meds now and we can still see some of the behavior issues, the smirking, eye rolling, etc etc.

I wouldn't want to be in her parents position. Lets face it, they knew she had issues and when the time came they didn't lie. They deserve kudo's. Can you imagine having your child come home after a horrendous killing and act NORMAL? How do you reconcile that?

Kelly

Maybe the State's rebuttal witness for AVL will have a continum for obsessive stalking.

Then JM can go down the list....

Kelly

urgh i cant stand to watch ALV on the stand anymore but i don't want to miss juan. well all know how quick he is once he's up.

not religious but im saying a prayer that willmott finishes today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members