trial day 43: the defense continues its case in chief #131

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek: OMG ... that is going to be one long hello re-direct !

No way will I be able to listen to all that drivel !

:moo:
Well. Ya gotta give her credit for her multitasking abilities. Write all those notes, objections w/sidebar every 2 1/2 minutes, AND babysit the defendant.

ETA: OOoops. Forgot to add coaching the witness.

How can a person who is uncomfortable discussing sex....any type of sex...even go as far as not discussing it purposely.. effectively counsel any and especially couples about 'abuse', when often, sex in various forms, are part in abuse? (I admit I have never been abused in any way, but I do have a friend who was and sex was a big part of her abuse)

When I hear the interviews with Jodi's parents where they say they suggested to Jodi that she was bipolar and that her friends had actually CALLED bipolar hotlines on her behalf. I really think Jodi's story about Travis and her giving him pamphlets and helpline numbers came from those experiences.

I'm not sure that they would have relevance, since they were written after Travis died. ALV role was to evaluate the relationship to determine whether or not it qualified as DV. IMO, dates after Travis's murder would be outside of the scope of her engagement.

Might be better to leave this to his own expert?

It's hugely relevant in that she falsified information in her journal, and the only reason to do that is because you know somebody is going to read it. She intentionally made those entries to deflect any suspicion from her being the killer. If she did that after June 4, doesn't logic tell you that she easily could have falsified other earlier entries? She had 5-6 weeks after the murder before she was arrested. She was doing all sorts of cover up at that time, including leaving fake voicemail messages.

This evidence impeaches Jodi's journal, which ALV is using as a tool to make a basis for abuse.

Critical mistakes by the DT:
Putting JA on the stand.
Putting Samuels on the stand.
Putting LaViolette on the stand.
Not pleading for LWOP.
Attempting to defend Jodi Arias.

(I added the red)

exactly which is what made ALV's answer so horrifying to me. she acted like what JA did is what ANYONE would do in that situation. like 'so what? i would've done the same thing.'

what she doesn't include is that JA was trying to act normal to avoid being held responsible for her crime.

this is the same as saying CA was partying to avoid thinking about her baby being dead. normal people know that makes no sense at all.

That comment made me ballistic. I cannot believe anyone would believe for a second that it is no big deal that after you murder someone you just run to someone else and start trying to seduce them, attend a business luncheon, watch movies and just try to be normal. Holy cow - that was just a major messed up thought. JMO - it proves how deeply invested on a personal level she is in this case. I guess I should do some research but I'll bet my pint that Ms. LaViolette stands in strong opposition of the DP. Some of the stuff she spews appears to me to be well beyond the agenda of seeing men as always being perps in cases of dv and or abuse. JMO - this lady needs a very firm wakeup call to the year 2013.

I drove myself crazy, trying to figure out the why, concerning my brother. Then the murderer blamed it on Demons. I quit asking why.

I am so sorry Tulessa.

Amazing, isn't it? It is always someone/something else's fault with these psychopaths. Even supernatural soldiers for the devil- wow.

I don't see Weebles? :panic:

YES!
Weebles.... Where are you???
Your "pounce" pics were PURRRRFECT yesterday!

Find me a laughing puddy-tat... PAWEEZE?!

We need you weebles!

A note about name changes and nicknames for case players, from our Rules Etiquette & Information Thread:

"Derogatory Name Changes to Case Players/General Name Calling

In an effort to keep case discussion constructive, name calling, general bashing and using derogatory name variations for any of the case players is not tolerated. Regardless of how we may feel about many of the people that are the focus of our discussion here,it is always best to elevate the conversation and avoid this type of posting behavior. Feel free to express your displeasure with individuals that are being discussed, just avoid petty nastiness,name calling, name changes and over the top rude posts directed at case players."

:tyou: and here's to another amazing day closer to Justice for Travis!

Hey, Ynotdivein, I just noticed you live In Context that we've been hearing so much about. What's it like over there? :what:

How do you do an "assessment" by only interviewing the defendant and not interviewing anyone else?? By "reading" some other things provided to her by the defense team, she believes this is a valid "assessment"? How can this be?

I am still gobsmacked that she never even wrote a report or summary. Nothing. Zip, zed, nada, zilch.

The part about her not writing a report is astounding. Doesn't a court require that an expert witness submit a report? How could she get away with that. :banghead:

To me, to not write an assessment means you're not professional. She obviously is very knowledgeable, and makes a living off of providing information. But I just can't imagine getting paid - or looking at yourself in the mirror - if you're not providing those who are counting on you with documentation of your findings. :facepalm: Of course, maybe the DT told her "Whatever you do, don't write anything down!"

I think she's done a lot of good in her life helping battered women. I also think there are a lot of innocent men out there she's probably accused of being abusive.

I remember watching and episode of, I think, Forensic Files where a defense witness realized that he may have made a mistake and went back and retested his (I think it was blood spatter) evidence and found his original conclusion was wrong. He notified the defense that he intended to alter his testimony. Alyce doesn't have that professional integrity. JMO

ALaV reminds me of Barbara Wodehouse, calling "Walkies", ect. Lord knows she has the shoes for it. LOL

P. S. Miss Wodehouse was the original dog maven. She had a British accent and was made fun of by SNL by screaming "walkies" in a big booming British accent.:floorlaugh:

How can a person who is uncomfortable discussing sex....any type of sex...even go as far as not discussing it purposely.. effectively counsel any and especially couples about 'abuse', when often, sex in various forms, are part in abuse? (I admit I have never been abused in any way, but I do have a friend who was and sex was a big part of her abuse)

It's a stumper, ain't it.

BTW, Alyce said she's not an expert on orgasms. That's the first thing she's said on the stand that I have no trouble believing. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993