Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #7 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

Status
Not open for further replies.
When they began moving in, they could see their target lying on his side in the boat, one leg and one arm hanging out of it, possibly unconscious.

They were about 10 to 15 yards away when Tsarnaev suddenly sat straight up.

"You don't really have time to be afraid," Sgt. Sean Reynolds recalled.

"At a time like that, training kicks in," Thompson added. "We don't have emotion going into something like that."

Thankfully, the suspect put both his hands up, and when the cops saw they were empty, they ran to him.

"We pulled him down and put the cuffs on him," said Thompson, the arresting officer of record in an operation that involved hundreds of cops over the course of the day.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...cuffed-bomb-suspect-no-time-to-be-afraid?lite

This helps to make some sense of DT's condition at the time he was cuffed.

Giving a little more thought to this 'marriage' or whatever it was, suddenly the bomber's wife's parents home is up for sale, i.e., they are moving. Did Katherine work with Feds after the bombing? Could she have known, but feared for her and her baby's life, does she still fear along with her family?

Realtor said that she had been in discussions for weeks with the parents about selling the house, it was not a last minute decision. I wonder if they will get asking price now after all that has happened.

Let's see.......ie no babysitter.....Katherine sitting in a get away car toddler in tow would not surprise me ALL MOO, IMHO etc

You read my mind.
If she was at work, where was the toddler on Monday? Thursday?
Sounds like K.R. was terrorized by her abusive husband. I am surprised he 'allowed" her to work or live with her parents.

I'm still not sure where the daughter lived, but if mom worked 7 days a week and others claim TT was caring for her, then mom must hardly ever have seen her.

Couple lived apart

Katy -- that's what family and friends call her -- lives with her parents in North Kingston, Rhode Island, and works as a home health aide, he said. "She worked many, many hours."

Their daughter lived with her husband because she worked seven days a week, he said.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/22/us/boston-suspect-wife/?hpt=hp_t2

He said she had been working 70 to 80 hours, seven days a week....“They were always together and had a little girl, who must be about three now,” the person said, noting that the duo hadn’t been seen together for the past year. “She moved back home and was living at home with the baby

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...h-a-baby-heres-more-about-his-wife-and-child/

reading between the lines: I work 80 hours a week = I'm never there, I see nothing, I know nothing

"She understands the need for doing it," he said. "This is the way the government looks at it, and she understands this. It's a threat to national security, and she gets that. And she's a really good person, very sympathetic to that. Katy's just trying to bring up her daughter."

just trying to bring up her daughter. oh, OK, never mind then. just trying to bring up her daughter by being away from home 80 hours a week

how think do they dumb we are?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/21/us/tamerlan-tsarnaev-timeline/index.html

That same year, Tsarni says, he had a falling out with Tamerlan. "I got into really a state of shock from changes I heard, I wouldn't say I saw, I heard from Tamerlan," he told CNN. He recalled a 2009 phone conversation in which in response to some life advice he had given, Tsarnaev called him an "infidel."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/wife-boston-bombing-suspect-dark-lawyer-article-1.1323925

They married in 2009 or 2010, and she never graduated.

bbm

Yeah I find to believe this guy was busy babysitting 12 hours a day when he had such "big plans" in the works.

Just when you think you have heard it all, someone tries to sell us another story! I don't believe any of that carp and don't know what to believe anymore.

Well, we all know that the Daily Mail often steals their stories from other legitimate news agencies, and that they sometimes just totally make stuff up, but... this part of this Daily Mail article has a total ring of truth to it, and a great photo!!!

Photo: Troubled family: This black and white photo shows Tamerlan as a baby, with his father Anzor (left), mother Zubeidat and uncle Muhamad Suleimanov

EXCLUSIVE: Did 'controlling' mother of Boston 'bombers' lead them on the path to radicalization? Uncle claims she allowed hardline cleric to preach to boys at their kitchen table

"The two men who allegedly carried out the Boston Marathon bombing were ‘failed’ by their parents, especially their ‘controlling’ mother who encouraged their move towards Islamic radicalization, relatives told MailOnline today.
Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaeva looked up to mother Zubeidat as an ‘angel’ but, according to one of their uncles, she was the one who allowed them to be introduced to hardline Islamic views.

Ruslan Tsarni claimed that Zubeidat allowed a firebrand cleric into their house to give one-on-one sermons to Tamerlan over the kitchen table during which he claimed he could talk to demons and perform exorcisms."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-preach-boys-kitchen-table.html#ixzz2RERAZpmL

When they began moving in, they could see their target lying on his side in the boat, one leg and one arm hanging out of it, possibly unconscious.

They were about 10 to 15 yards away when Tsarnaev suddenly sat straight up.

"You don't really have time to be afraid," Sgt. Sean Reynolds recalled.

"At a time like that, training kicks in," Thompson added. "We don't have emotion going into something like that."

Thankfully, the suspect put both his hands up, and when the cops saw they were empty, they ran to him.

"We pulled him down and put the cuffs on him," said Thompson, the arresting officer of record in an operation that involved hundreds of cops over the course of the day.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...cuffed-bomb-suspect-no-time-to-be-afraid?lite

This helps to make some sense of DT's condition at the time he was cuffed.

And also confirms he DID NOT climb out of the boat on his own accord.
He was pulled down/out by LE.

Is the thread beginning to veer off into conspiracy theory territory, or is it just me?

Making a plea for people to stay rational, deal with facts we have (admittedly not everything yet), and keep separate issues for separate threads, and politics for the PP (reminding myself also).

Well said.

You read my mind.
If she was at work, where was the toddler on Monday? Thursday?
Sounds like K.R. was terrorized by her abusive husband. I am surprised he 'allowed" her to work or live with her parents.

I would bet that KR was working long hours and sending the majority (if not all) of her paycheck to TT who was using it to fund his "lifestyle" and probably to fund his bomb building hobby. I bet she was living with her parents for free.

I don't understand why she'd leave the child with him, unless either:

a) he had threatened her in some manner

or (and I hope this is not the case)

b) they weren't really "estranged"....she was so far under his ruling that she went to her parents, lived for free, sent him her paycheck, and let him raise the child, willingly, because she believed that what he was doing was "right"

Don't know if this has been posted already (includes pic of two grand men, Carlos and Jeff .. not toooooo graphic):

Doctors say all Boston bombing victims likely to survive, at least 14 people lost limbs ...

BOSTON — In a glimmer of good news after last week’s tragedy, all of the more than 180 people injured in the Boston Marathon blasts who made it to a hospital alive now seem likely to survive.

That includes several people who arrived with legs attached by just a little skin, a 3-year-old boy with a head wound and bleeding on the brain, and a little girl riddled with nails. Even a transit system police officer whose heart had stopped and was close to bleeding to death after a shootout with the suspects now appears headed for recovery.

“All I feel is joy,” said Dr. George Velmahos, chief of trauma surgery at Massachusetts General Hospital, referring to his hospital’s 31 blast patients. “Whoever came in alive, stayed alive.”
<bbm>

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...-people-lost-limbs/?google_editors_picks=true

I'm still not sure where the daughter lived, but if mom worked 7 days a week and others claim TT was caring for her, then mom must hardly ever have seen her.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/22/us/boston-suspect-wife/?hpt=hp_t2

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...h-a-baby-heres-more-about-his-wife-and-child/

These conflicting stories are starting to sound like the ones that came out of some of Tamerlan's relatives mouths. They just twist and turn the story every which way. This is not going to work. We are not stupid and neither are the FBI!

I hope a check of any bank accounts shows how they funded themselves.

place than Cambridge. It's incredibly diverse with lots of groups, support systems etc. We have many friends affiliated with colleges/universities there and every gathering we attend looks like the UN. It's amazing the people you meet. I live in a smaller college town in MA and even this place is diverse and welcoming.

On the surface, both brothers seem to have assimilated to some degree. Then the elder went off course and became dissafected and perhaps turned to religion as the outlet as religion seems to be a more recent fixation for him. Unfortunately, it's easy enough to hook up with that element if you're so inclined. He wanted to become a US citizen and box in the Olympics but he had already started going off the rails and assulted his gf. So, maybe America became the hated target.

What I don't get is his stoner little brother who liked to party and is described as so laid back getting on board with his older brother as he clearly did. And the whole American wife thing. Didn't she or her family notice something? Didn't the younger brother have anyone to turn to? I don't get why he would jump on board as he clearly didn't follow his brothers advice about religion and drugs but he followed him into bombing.

I certainly didn't say anything was the WHOLE problem. I simply said how we treat people is part of the problem. Additionally when I was referring to how we treat people I was NOT addressing public policy issues as you have brought up...but rather human to human how we treat each other, how accepting we are of the unknown, and how much effort we take into teaching our children empathy and open mindedness.

If TT was watching the kid, where was he watching her? It certainly doesn't seem to be in that apartment? Did she go there to pick up the kid? None of this is exactly making sense.

I agree. It doesn't make any sense. Either TT's wife was living with her parents up in Rhode Island or she was in Massachusetts living with TT who was supposedly caring for their child in the filthy apartment. Which is it?

And don't anyone tell me she drove every single day from her parents' home in RI to TT's home in MA to drop off their child with TT, then she went to work her 70-80 hour/week HHA job, and then returned to the MA apartment every single night to pick up the child, and drive all the way back up to RI to sleep in her parents' home, and that she did this crazy commute and schedule this every single day!

Perhaps TT's wife only went once a week to her and TT's home in MA to drop off her daughter with him while she worked 70-80 hours straight (nonstop) without seeing her daughter the entire week?

If that is the case, then I can believe she might not have known WTH was up with her terrorist husband TT. Otherwise, I call BS to her ignorance to his activities.

My question is do you think that they will charge him with the murder of his older brother, as if it is true or not, his brother was still alive, just handcuffed
and when he fled the scene, he ran him over, I will go out on a limb here, and say, I do not think for (1) minute, that he planned on killing him, but panic mode set in, for him to run.

I wish they would, because I think that might cause him some mental anguish to know he probably killed his brother. I doubt very much he will have anguish over the other people he killed or injured.

I keep reading, and the more I read, the more scrambled my brains become. Is this where we stand: nobody knows where TT's wife was actually living or who was caring for the baby? Is that correct or have I missed something definitive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennjon