Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #7 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok that Daiky Mail article is full of great quotes. I love this from Uncke Ruslan:

Ruslan said: ‘It was all the same talking, God, God, how he's talking to demons, how he's an exorcist, how he's healing people. Tamerlan was absolutely in his possession. All around people considered him just another prick.

Everyone needs an Uncle Ruslan around, to tell it like it is lol.

i.b.nora's post with the link about their controlling mother clinches it for me. everything that woman has said reminds me so much of someone I know (job-related circumstances required me to spend time with her). this person had 5 planned pregnancies, 4 years apart: "I couldn't see myself doing the empty nest thing"

she's a grifter, all of her kids are grifters and criminals and she uses every excuse under the sun to explain their "misfortunes". she herself married at 16 to a guy who was 19 but she has expected/demanded that her kids not marry young, live at home until they did marry, and even then she wanted them/their spouses to continue living with her. she interferes with/tries to break up all of their relationships. I won't name her ethnicity/religion but she says "that's how WE do it". I asked what her parents thought about HER moving out at 16 and she was um, uh, er, um, all shifty-eyed. she claims all of her motivations are cultural/religious but she doesn't attend services and isn't truly observant in her daily life. obviously

her last pregnancy was twin boys and they are the worst of the bunch. they live in different states, and the hopelessly criminal one never carries ID so when he is rousted/ticketed/jailed he uses his twin's name and a phony address. when not-as-hopeless twin is rousted here they find outstanding warrants/failures to appear/unpaid tickets/etc in his name, and he explains his twin's scam but it never seems to get resolved. her take: they're my angels, I can't take sides and the damn cops make their lives miserable anyway so how can I add to it. poooooor meeeee, poooooor themmmmm

Ok that Daiky Mail article is full of great quotes. I love this from Uncke Ruslan:

Gotta' admit, that entire article is making my day.

I know, huh? I need to find out how to properly pronounce his name, because my new catch phrase needs to be "I'll take that up with Uncle Ruslan and get back to you"

I keep reading, and the more I read, the more scrambled my brains become. Is this where we stand: nobody knows where TT's wife was actually living or who was caring for the baby? Is that correct or have I missed something definitive?

Just my take...I would say it appears that TT's wife was living with her parents in RI, and working many hours. Their child lived with her father in MA where he was the "stay-at-home" parent. It also appears that TT would bring the child with him to her parents' home in RI on the weekends. During those days, she would probably see their daughter and her husband when and if she wasn't working, or when she returned from work on those days/evenings.

Whether KF knew what her husband was involved in or planning...that I'm unsure of at the moment.

Do I think she knew he had become an extremist in his views? Yes, that I believe she did understand.

Wow, I have to give it to Katherine, she dressed more to the nines in Muslim garb than any real Muslim woman I have seen. Most I have seen wear jeans and tennis shoes underneath. Tamerlan must have trained her well, she has the pants, shoes and even socks.

She had to know when leaving she was going to bring a lot on to herself, I have a hard time believing she works some 70 hours, would like to see time sheets.

I think it varies from person to person, just like some in Western-style clothes. We lived in Egypt and saw everything from covered young girls with tight jeans to other covered women with fancy nice silk clothes on, to women who weren't covered at all.

I know, huh? I need to find out how to properly pronounce his name, because my new catch phrase needs to be "I'll take that up with Uncle Ruslan and get back to you"

Pretty sure it's pronounced roos-lawn

So he must be at least admitting to it. I mean, how could he deny it?!? Wonder what his parents are thinking now?

(ETA - sorry if this was posted before - I'm behind)

Officials: Bombing suspect says he and brother acted alone

Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev told authorities from his hospital bed Monday that he and his brother acted alone in last week's attack, officials said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162...bing-suspect-says-he-and-brother-acted-alone/

At this stage? Nobody!

It's all just ridiculous, and I think trying to get an accurate idea of the truth while the media has no idea is fruitless. There are a select few in the world right now who actually know the truth, and none of those people are here. The speculation a few days ago caused a lot of grief to innocent people and I'd hate for that to happen again.

If Katherine Russell knew what was going on, the authorities will find out and deal with her accordingly. However, this might be a case where she truly had no idea. From what I know, she was in an abusive relationship (we know he was arrested for domestic violence against her) and she was working long hours to try to support her family. We don't know how she justified that, or the logistics of child care. Speculating online isn't going to solve that mystery.

I've seen stories of women who were blindsided by the secret life of their husband. They genuinely had no idea. IF this is the case for Katherine, I hope she can be supported IF/WHEN the truth comes out. Until then we have no proof that she is involved in this terrorist act, and accusing people of terrorism without proof is awful.

Respectfully snipped

While I suspected the parts snipped about mom, this part made me laugh. I feel like I've just entered The Twilight Zone. :ufo:

(No offense to anyone or any belief intended.)

ETA: The pictures tell a thousand years, go have a look!

The first time I saw the mugshot I thought, "humm, that is where the evil comes from..." I have been withholding that IMO until now.

I'm wondering if t his is the same guy who was with the sister as all say Fairview:
http://www.northjersey.com/news/hud..._says_she_is_sister_of_suspected_bombers.html

http://www.northjersey.com/news/Cliffside_Park_man_charged_in_assault_after_police_chase.html

Court records with the Bergen County Prosecutor's Office reveal that a civil forfeiture case was filed in March against Bella Tsarnaeva and her boyfriend, Ahmad Khalil. According to the filing, Fairview police went to the residence on Dec. 11 to follow up on a domestic violence report claiming Bella had scratched Khalil.

NJ reports that while inside the apartment, police said they smelled marijuana, and found drug paraphernalia and $537 in cash in a clear plastic bag. Ailina Tsarnaeva reportedly admitted to slapping Khalil, and was, according to court records, subsequently arrested for domestic violence and simple assault. Khalil, meanwhile was arrested for possession of a "large amount" of marijuana.

http://news.yahoo.com/boston-bombing-suspects-sister-speaks-m-hurt-everyone-184621218.html
yes, that's the older sister, Bella in NJ. I read that last night

the younger sister (Alina?) is the one in NY whose SO stood in front of her in the doorway when they were talking to reporters, the guy who said he was never accepted by the T family because he is not Muslim. she's the sister who said how sorry and ashamed she was about what her bros have done

but last year both sisters lived together and were sued for non-payment of rent (which was later settled in court, and paid)

Thank Goodness for passports...it will all come out in the wash. This is the Russian version of the Anthonys.

From the link. I am just not getting this. Why leave your wife and baby for 6 months?

Every day, using Skype, he spoke to his American-born wife, who had recently converted to Islam, and at times she instructed him on how to observe religious practices correctly when he lapsed, Suleimanova said Sunday from her home in Makhachkala, the capital of Dagestan. She said her nephew was considering bringing his wife to Dagestan.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/04/21/3995769/parents-of-boston-suspect-describe.html

I'm also not so sure the wife is not equally devoted the same way that TT was. Uncle we all love says his conversion started in 2007 - that's before meeting the wife. She would have believed as he did.

yes, that's the younger sister, Bella in NJ. I read that last night

the older sister (Alina?) is the one in NY whose SO stood in front of her in the doorway when they were talking to reporters, the guy who said he was never accepted by the T family because he is not Muslim. she's the sister who said how sorry and ashamed she was about what her bros have done

but last year both sisters lived together and were sued for non-payment of rent (which was later settled in court, and paid)

But in time's link/article, both Bella and Ailina were involved .. Bella was scratching and Ailina was slapping. Sounds like Khalil was getting it from both ;). These gals just don't strike me as shrinking violets.

She had the courage to report him in May 2009 when he was charged with DV; she had the courage to marry him a year later.

I have to wonder if she or DT knew or suspected TT may have been involved in the Waltham case. If so, that would be pretty intimidating.

JMO

Interesting thought.

I was going through some photos again and wanted someone else to take a look at something I think I see. It has nothing to do with the suspects but just trying to figure out if I'm seeing what I think I'm seeing... :(
Warning: the link is very graphic as is what I am about to describe. Focus on the woman near the center of the photo, the woman with the white shirt and red jacket. I can't quit looking at it b/c I think she is lying against some significant... carnage... for lack of a better word.

http://jto.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/wn20130417n1b.jpg

I know that talking about PMs aren't really approved here, but since many folks probably don't want to read what I really think it is, please PM me if you want to discuss the details. I will have to step out for awhile but will be back shortly.

Thanks. It's just bothering me.

I am pretty sure what you are seeing are the lower parts of Jeff's legs. :(

Police in Massachusetts are re-examining a brutal 2011 triple murder involving the best friend of the now-dead suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings.
Authorities have confirmed they are investigating a possible link between Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, killed during a gun battle with police on Friday, and the murder of a man said to be his close friend, Brendan Mess, 25. Also killed were Erik Weissman, 31, and Raphael Teken, 37.
The bodies of the men were discovered in September 2011 at Mess's home in the Boston suburb of Waltham. Each of the men's throats were slashed and they were almost decapitated. Their mutilated bodies were covered with marijuana.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/world/brut...ton-suspect-20130423-2ib8k.html#ixzz2REm5QIUQ

OThe terrorists in this case were white so I don't get the emphasis on " white" Christians ( Christians are many races in many countries) and " foriegn" Muslims when many Americans ( born and raised) of many races are Muslim? Other than that I can agree with what you have posted.

moo

ETA I did quote a post but it appears to be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa