trial day 51: REBUTTAL; #157

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were the jury I wouldn't need to hear anything else. Premeditation was proven today.

I wondered that too.. I think it has to do with cross and arguments in camera. I think that the defense is going to open the door for stalker.. and Juan will get that in on redirect but idk.. just a guess
Didn't Jodi try to peg Deanna as the tire slasher??? IIRC?

Deanna (or anyone) cannot testify to anything Travis told her, can she? Wouldn't that be hearsay?

:twocents: Okay ... I just got a call from my sis about the trial, and the first thing she said is that she does NOT believe that Travis and Jodi were "boyfriend and girlfriend" ... lol !

I was like whoa -- why so ?

And she said she just watched Deanna testify and does NOT believe that Travis would have Jodi as a "girlfriend" when compared to Deanna !

I thought this was interesting since she has not followed the trial much -
- just snippets here and there ...

She's calling me back later to discuss more !

:seeya::moo:

Just imagine how much the Jurors have to chose from. They've spent a whole lot of "time" with this trial and The Killer and they will bring justice to Travis and she will go away forever.

Dreading Nurmi's plan to bring this back to double life/sex bs on Deanna's cross. :banghead:

Arisha - without getting too specific, what geographical area is your granddaughter missing from?? Any big cities nearby?? Any press coverage yet? Hoping she is good and just having a good time and lost track of time. God speed with her safe return. Maybe list this information in the Missing Persons link

Of all the atrocities we've seen and heard throughout this trial, seeing Deanna on the stand and hearing her testimony is bringing Travis' living soul into the courtroom. Finally.

Don't know what this says about me, but seeing that picture of Naps peacefully sleeping in the little bed Deanna set up for him is breaking my heart. When that sweet pup passes away, she's going to have a really hard time. It'll be like she has to lose Travis all over again. I know this because I promised my grandma the day before she died that I'd take her beloved 16-year old kitty. And I did, and kept that old girl for 8 more years, and when it was her time, I was devastated.

Carry on, lol.

You are so right! Napoleon is an extremely lucky little guy to have had an owner who was so forward-thinking about what would happen to Napoleon if he should die. He went into the arms of someone who could love and cherish him all the days of his life and emotionally support him through all the grief he had to have suffered when Travis was murdered. I can't even imagine what he went through that day and the days that followed.

Thanks all...so is CNN going to have it later at all? that is where I have been watching it...and if not there today, what are the links to the other places to watch live??

Why is CNN Live not having it?? At all today they are not??

:drumroll:

On line wptv.com

i wish they would have played the sound on the video juan showed today for the jury

Me too. HLN has shown this video many times. i wonder why the entire clip wasn't shown in court with the part when Jodi sits up looking sleepy and bored.

I hope the DT opens the door on the stalker issue, I am praying they open that door even though the defense should steer very clear of that issue. Bring it on ! :D
IIRC, Deanna witnessed some of Jodi's bizarre behavior first hand, so I would think Juan would be able to introduce it before the DT's cross. Of course if they open the door wider, then he'll plow through it.

I love Deanna!! She seems like such a nice person, and a loyal friend. I am amazed that they did not seem to have any huge blowups or any screaming type of arguments in their looonggg relationship. This to me shows that he TRIED HARD to be a calm guy, maybe because of his childhood that we've all heard about, he TRIED HARDER THAN NORMAL PEOPLE to be an all-around good guy. To stay calm and not get angry in a long relationship, IMO, takes WORK, that means he worked at being patient, the exact opposite of what Jodi is saying. Someone who works at the quality of patience and forgiveness does not just blow up one day out of the blue. This is very telling to me. Also the fact that it seems that generally Travis tried to surround himself with good people...he would have been very vulnerable to someone like Jodi.

UGH, sorry but I can't stand the defense guy on HLN. He's saying Deanna might have helped defense by showing that there were two sides to Travis. Is he even watching the same trial I am??

Can you post the picture of Napoleon?

http://s938.photobucket.com/user/ma...5-4d3d-a614-99424dfdd13f_zps6fab0479.jpg.html
travisdogNapolean_zpsaae2c1b3.jpg.html

Duane Cates, Talking Head on HLN admitted this is a bad day for Jodi! He thinks the gas cans will sink her!!!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::skip:

Now I'm crying after read the eulogy that Deanna did at Travis' memorial. Here is the link. Hope is ok to post.

http://morbitbuzz.blogspot.com/2013/04/some-words-from-deanne-and-lisa.html

How heartbreaking to think of the precious young man that he was and what potential he had, and then to know what that cursed creature, JA, did to him. It's the age old battle of good versus evil. Travis was light, JA is darkness. Travis was good, JA is evil. She makes me so sick watching her sit at that table with that petty, defiant little smirk on her face, just coloring and scribbling away like she hasn't done a thing wrong. It's time to pay the piper, JA, you took a life, now you should pay with your own.

I'm crying too. He bought Feng Shui books to help him decorate his apartment. This information just breaks my heart knowing how he was found and the way the apartment looked post-murder. I'm heart-broken.

Posted from the previous thread because it closed immediately after my reply.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuri
After listening to Deanna, it is obvious TA was not a physically abusive man. I would think that BECAUSE of his early life, he would not raise his hand to hit anyone.

Response:
I never thought Travis was an abusive person, however that's not to say he couldn't have been. I think he chose NOT to be, and I also think his grandmother's influence has been woefully under reported in this trial. Though I discount just about everything ALV had to say about the Travis and Jodi relationship and about them as individuals, some children who witness abuse or are abused themselves grow up to be abusers, abused or both. Moreover, many of us learn to "cope" with chaos and/or think drama or chaos is normal in our relationships. Sadly, we relate to the adrenaline rush and can find healthy relationships "boring" unless or until we figure it out. I think it was that part of Travis who was drawn to Jodi and her drama. She was sexual (and he wrestled with normal male urges of guys his age) and probably unlike any woman he had ever met. Exciting at first, but doesn't take him long to figure out that he's in over his head. While I think he came to understand fairly soon that she wasn't what he was looking for in a wife, I don't think he realized just how off/dangerous she really was until it was too late.
Absolutely - some who even just witness domestic violence become abusers and victims. LaViolette stated 100% of abusers were also abused. That's an over-statement and many who are abused could never, would never, perpetuate their pain.

However, just to put this into context: I ended up with a personality disordered abuser too and where my childhood was turbulent, it wasn't abusive. Psychopaths tend to specifically target people who are somehow vulnerable though and sometimes that vulnerability is as simple as being too trusting, young, naive, etc.

Travis is not on trial so whether he had sex with anyone before Jodi I would think is not related to what happened to him. ALV just brought it up that Travis said he told everyone he was a virgin and therefore he was lying. Deanna just testified he would be teased about it and he would just go along with it so it really has nothing to do with sex, just whether or not he was lying when he made those statements. So the issue was lying. Don't think the jury can ask questions that were not asked in rebuttal. jmo

You mean can they ask Deanna questions about things Jodi said? Yes.

Even if that was not brought up by the prosecution or the defense?

Kind of like she had always wondered what happened to Napoleon or maybe it was an "I should have known" look.

Ms. Borderline Personality Disorder is STILL displaying intrusive behavior--she inserts herself into the midst of Travis' loved ones as they remember Napoleon. YOU DON'T GET TO INCLUDE YOURSELF, Jodi. I'm sure the dog hated her, too--he knew that she abused animals. I'm sick of the faces Jodi makes at witnesses as if to say "Yes--we all miss him." You killed him, stupid!

@Arisha, prayers for your granddaughter's safe return to those she loves and for peace of body, mind and spirit for those who love her. ((((Arisah))))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa