trial day 52: REBUTTAL; #159

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Afternoon Peeps!

I guess we can't watch the hearing. :sigh:

Oh but we can and we will. Wild reported cameras will be rolling and he will be providing his salmon colored witty tweets.

The seal is up at Wild About Trial. Hope this starts on time and turns out well for Juan.

Morning all! Why is the

seal.gif

I thought court wasn't on until 1330 PST.

I don't understand why the DT doesn't want Dr. Horn to testify again. I would think he will only reiterate what he said when he was on the stand back in January. I'm sure it has something to do with the "shot came first" claim that JA testified to, but, like I said, I would think it would only be a repeat of earlier. Unless he's found something new. :dunno:

Also, I wonder if the DT is still going to play the video of Travis firing a gun? Although I don't know when unless it were in closing arguments. Juan asked to have Dave Hall be able to testify that he knew Travis didn't own a gun, but as far as I know, he isn't on the rebuttal witness list.

I think the DT wants the jury to forget his testimony - Juan is tying everything up for the jury now and connecting the dots - the DT doesn't want that to happen. And in light of what they know now, do not want new jury questions.

:wave: & seal is up!

pirate_cat_dog_costume_pm858003.jpg

http://www.piratemerch.com/images/pirate_cat_dog_costume_pm858003.jpg

It is VITAL that the judge allows the state to bring in the remaining rebuttal witnesses. The state's case is under attack from the DT with their new request for manslaughter charges being added into the mix.

The only way to combat that verdict is for the state to prove premeditation. To do so, Juan needs all of these follow up witnesses. :praying:

Manslaughter? I don't get it.
A plea deal was rejected before the trial started (that's when the pedophilia ordeal came to light). How can they possibly ask for--- and possibly be granted one now?

to margarita or not to margarita that is the question... go now or wait till after the first hearing

This late start has forced me to do some Serious cleaning :sigh:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Lulz. You should send before and after pics. :)

Hopefully, we will get something resembling anything about this delay. Or as I call all Jodi trial delays, a speed bump on the way to death row.

I think he's more than proved premeditation. I doubt a jury is going to go for manslaughter when she rented a car 90 miles from home, brought gas cans, brought weapons, stabbed the man 29 times (including the bottoms of his feet), slit his throat and shot him in the head.

BBM: I read the autopsy report and do not recall reading about any injuries (let alone stab wounds) to the bottom of TA's feet. Abrasions on the back of his ankles I did note.

I agree this jury will ignore the nanslaughter option. It just doesn't apply to the reality of what occurred in this case.

Hey now I'm 33 and I drive a Crapalac, I mean cadillac.

i know it's wrong to stereotype...
:iamashamed:
:waitasec:
:help:
:crosseyed:
:lipssealed:

:ziplip:
:idea:

that's all i've got.
:runaway:

Wendi Andriano - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wendi Andriano filed a post-conviction appeal in 2007, claiming that evidence of her affairs and efforts to buy life insurance policies for her ailing husband unfairly prejudiced her in front of the jury. She also claimed that jurors were not allowed to consider lesser charges, such as second-degree murder or manslaughter. Ultimately, her conviction was affirmed the Arizona Supreme Court in July 2007.[5]

So maybe the judge does not have to allow sur rebuttal to include lesser charges?

Speaking as a long time hairstylists I think she may have colored her hair in march/April like she said but the blonde came back through as it ofton does or the color job was terrible and didn't get full coverage. Covering pale blonde like that is not an easy task. I also think that she absolutely colored it before going to Travis's. Not only does it appear freshly colored in her pics from Travis's camera but her new growth line in her mug shot is consistent with that time as last color.

it seems Nurmi and JW could not control Jodi and keep her from lying and embellishing on the stand.

hear that flushing sound? I do....

Yes and that's why Nurmi wanted to withdraw from the case early on but he can't. You can see he doesn't interact with Jodi much in court. Willmot probably has a bit more passion than Nurmi but I think she sees Jodi as a client who would bring her $$ rather than a friend.

Hopefully Nurmi will not ask any more personal sexual experience questions of anymore witnesses. It looked like witness intimidation to me when he crossed Deanna. Totally uncalled for.

AZ link anyone. Does ANYONE have problems with LAG on WAT? Is it just my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona