a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a heads up.

There will be NO Websleuths court observers in the courtroom next week unless someone goes up there to line up at probably the wee hours of the morning to get a public seat (which could happen).

Thankfully the family has many members coming in for all 3 days next week--Wed testimony plus closings Thurs and Fri. so there probably won't even be enough seats for them in the courtroom (isn't that sad--public observers and media will trump family members sigh...). They will overflow on site and watch on a feed.

I'll be nearby watching on the feed. But will be seeing what the rest of you are.

How funny is it to everyone that the defense could not get Lenore Walker to come to the stand for Jodi, considering the way Jennifer went on and on about her, as if she had spoken to her recently and was the authority on understanding Mrs. Walker's book and ideas?

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/04/17/jodi-arias-battered-woman-syndrome-author-lenora-walker

It is rather glaring that they will bring in a witness that wrote the forward to ALV book, rather than someone who is not friends with the expert that got humiliated for her wrongdoing in this trial.

It is as glaring as the defense never producing the one Jodi claimed, over and over again was aware of Travis abusing her, Matt McCartney.

There is nothing anyone could take the stand and say on Jodi's behalf at this point, about her condition, real or imagined, that will ever take away from those photos and the brutality of the murder. Nothing. It is interesting that the jury will have a week to have that pressing on their hearts and minds, and the delay is thanks to the defense.

All things they have tried, and each witness they have called, without exception has backfired, to biblical proportions. I say bring him on......
:drumroll::drumroll:
This ain't Juan's first rodeo! They better bring somebody stronger than a buddy of ALV who has been sanctioned and wholly discredited by the court before. Bring it on! Can't wait for Wednesday. Meanwhile I know Travis' friends and family are thanking God for Juan Martinez.

Just a heads up.

There will be NO Websleuths court observers in the courtroom next week unless someone goes up there to line up at probably the wee hours of the morning to get a public seat (which could happen).

Thankfully the family has many members coming in for all 3 days next week--Wed testimony plus closings Thurs and Fri. so there probably won't even be enough seats for them in the courtroom (isn't that sad--public observers and media will trump family members sigh...). They will overflow on site and watch on a feed.

I'll be nearby watching on the feed. But will be seeing what the rest of you are.

The family should be the priority with seating. Observers should be made to watch it from feed. I pray they all get seating. God bless them.

Katie, I'm so glad you have been the voice of reason throughout this trial and that you were able to do so much for the family. I'm not sure what you do for living but I bet you help others in so many ways that impact their lives in though a good way:) bless you
Also thanks for taking your time to fill us in on what has been happening .

For the most part my family has been very well treated by the "system" -- other than the Legal Defender's office who try to get Death Row inmates off at all costs, including torturing surviving family members at tax payer expense. It wasn't bad until that heinousness started. One of them apologized to me in open court...right before I was to give my impact statement. I think if it was sincere he'd have chosen better timing. I still kicked his A$$ to his face looking him straight in the eyes. One of two reasons Ricki Lake called me a "bad *advertiser censored*".

I followed a bit of your sister's case.....I have no words that you haven't probably heard or said yourself. :hug:

I hope you're still chillin' out from last week......take it slow, and be good to yourself! Head up North, there's still snow on the San Francisco Peaks! Get out of the HEAT:rockon:

Just a heads up.

If I were a member of the media I would gladly offer my seat to a family member. Even if my boss fired me for it and I was blacklisted throughout the media industry. That's how strongly I feel for this family. It would make a great media story though. Would be nice to turn it on them for a change.

Please put my Peanut aka PASA on the prayer good thought chain- things have been rough and she's feelin it- thanks- love my Peanut. Xo

Now I'm curious about the alternates-what they look like and how their behavior is in court.

Please put my Peanut aka PASA on the prayer good thought chain- things have been rough and she's feelin it- thanks- love my Peanut. Xo

Is there anything I can do to help her? I hope things get better for her..... praying for her.

I haven't run in to many complaints on the system other than the universal Joe Arpaio complaints that pop up everywhere from time to time. ;)

I don't really tangle with people about stuff like this. We have a justice system that put both my sister's killers on Death Row but also one that spent 10 million taxpayer dollars claiming both of them were "mentally retarded" and let one off death row back in to the general pop.

We also have a system that allows jurors to ask questions which many are envious about.

For the most part my family has been very well treated by the "system" -- other than the Legal Defender's office who try to get Death Row inmates off at all costs, including torturing surviving family members at tax payer expense. It wasn't bad until that heinousness started. One of them apologized to me in open court...right before I was to give my impact statement. I think if it was sincere he'd have chosen better timing. I still kicked his A$$ to his face looking him straight in the eyes. One of two reasons Ricki Lake called me a "bad *advertiser censored*".

re BBM - I like that! Wish California had that! This jury, I believe, "gets it"!! GUILTY - DP!!

Just a heads up.

BBM - I'm hoping as Midnight Rambler said above - hoping the media or even a public court watcher will let them ALL be in the courtroom!

snipped for space:
It is rather glaring that they will bring in a witness that wrote the forward to ALV book, rather than someone who is not friends with the expert that got humiliated for her wrongdoing in this trial.

All things they have tried, and each witness they have called, without exception has backfired, to biblical proportions. I say bring him on......
:drumroll::drumroll:
This ain't Juan's first rodeo! They better bring somebody stronger than a buddy of ALV who has been sanctioned and wholly discredited by the court before. Bring it on! Can't wait for Wednesday. Meanwhile I know Travis' friends and family are thanking God for Juan Martinez.

Is there somewhere here on WS that I can read about this? Missed that - as I was still reading Jodi's testimony & re-direct getting caught up! TIA!! Also - totally agree with your statement of the defense - each witness has backfired! And mainly Jodi's testiboloney!!

KCL - wishing you good thoughts and prayers to your brother Alphonso!! Hope he's getting better! Hope you are relaxing this weekend and enjoying yourself! Take care! :seeya:

Now I'm curious about the alternates-what they look like and how their behavior is in court.

there is a link with a description of each juror on the 1st page of this thread. The alternates will be determined once the actual deliberating jurors are picked by lottery. KCL explained this in one of her posts on this thread, hope that helps.

there is a link with a description of each juror on the 1st page of this thread. The alternates will be determined once the actual deliberating jurors are picked by lottery. KCL explained this in one of her posts on this thread, hope that helps.

Thanks. Yes I've been following along ever since that juror description list came out and I realize they are picked by lottery. I was curious about the alternates descriptions, which I don't think those are in the description list. ETA-Just looked again and they are lol wow it's been a longggggg week. :facepalm:

As I read the message from Tanisha, my heart broke. This family is so strong, and I can honestly say that I completely broke down for the first time since the trial began. I normally am the strong one, but not now. Tears are a good thing I suppose. For this girl to ask for nothing more than prayer and a day of fasting on Sunday just blew my mind. God bless the entire family. Justice is coming and it's not going to be pretty for Jodi. She is the vision of what we all know as evil. No remorse= DP.

According to this video, juror 8 was described just like KCL and others have described him. They must have been reading here, as they said some nick named him "CEO"

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/jodi-arias-trial-update-potential-jodi-arias-jury-19048831

Hey I was chatting with Ryan on the rooftop right before his writing of this piece. He gave me some scoop on how they do it so it looks like daylight but they taped that in the middle of the night...there's some inside scoop. LOL yes last week we all shared our nicknames and I told him we called Juror 8 CEO...also that i had thought of him as foreman. Many of us had called him that too. That's funny...he looks good on camera!

I feel so bad for CEO! I hope everything works out for him....I know this case has been hell for the jurors and I am sure it was stressful! No more drinking and driving though!

Hey I was chatting with Ryan on the rooftop right before his writing of this piece. He gave me some scoop on how they do it so it looks like daylight but they taped that in the middle of the night...there's some inside scoop. LOL yes last week we all shared our nicknames and I told him we called Juror 8 CEO...also that i had thought of him as foreman. Many of us had called him that too. That's funny...he looks good on camera!

So it was KCL:rockon: that's interesting! Thanks for sharing! That rooftop restaurant/bar looks awesome! I wish I could hang out with you all. You guys must have some amazing conversations!

I'm bummed about CEO, and in a way, I feel bad for him. I'm sure he feels kind of embarrassed by the incident. We all make mistakes. Hope things do work out for him, as he devoted so much of his time to this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member