State rests rebuttal case - thread #167

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who didn't see this coming? The type of traumatic event doesn't matter. So the lie doesn't matter.

So basically Wilmott is making this some personal "gotcha" game with Dr. Demarte? It's certainly not helping Jodi.

I hope he doesn't give away too many questions and risk violating copyright law!

If I were a juror I would ignore Samuels/ALV/Demarte and this guy's testimony and focus on the actual murder! I don't care about PTSD and BPD or whatever else!

This man is the super duper big important expert that will make it all clear why Jodi didn't mean to kill Travis.

I'm sorry, but JA's staring at the jury is REALLY freaking me out!
I bet we will have another one gone by the end of the day.

other specialized training in Trauma?
yes grew out of working with abused women children and child abuse trauma in 1980s he did more reserach on trauma and going to trainings across the nation.

did research, training and practice in this area . . .involved in major organizations involved and still is.

write articles for journals or chapters for books?
all the above - he has co-edited and co-authored books on trauma and child abuse . . he has co-edited or co-written about 45 books going back into 1980s - chapters rs of books and peer reviewed djournals - professionals who publish their works he oversees . . in the country and in other countries . . . trauma affects children, victims, offenders, - treatment . . . he is involvedi n this in a variety of ways

with journals - reserach a clinical article, treatment or research in a reputable journal must be peer reviewed and anonomous . .. . they do not know who the author is and vise versa - they make recommendations for publication . . . edited or appropriate to publish . ..

good journals are all peer reviewed and anonymous and double blind

he is involved in editorial process of several journals.

journal of aggression/treatment/trauma X15 years - 10 publications
another
journal of child sexual abuse - 22nd year
journal of family violence - comes out 8 times per year that is how people get educated about current research. . . .

mental health and other professionals have access to hard copy or online.

floating profiles . . . peer reviewed but not focused on research they were focused on clinical practice . . . as long as it goes thru same process . . how we learn
later on research done on borderline personality and floating profiles

#626 computer score of the TSI
time period of 2007 - 2008 retrospectively not the ideal way to do this . . ideal would be to test them @ that time and again later.

summary scale . .. 50 is average - 65 is clinical cut off
these 3 scales are validity scales . . . consistent answers
which scales elevated . . .7 scales of 10 are elevated . . . in clinical area

what this instrument looks @ trauma overall but
overall parts of the scale - mood level, way person thinks of themselves, if they suffer

combine whole test
does it focus on one trauma or trauma in general
it doesn't ask what may have traumatized you . . .but what symptoms ie: nightmares, difficulty going to sleep,

asking about symptoms 100 of these . . . puts it together into different scales to interpret
doesn't ask person @ all what caused the behaviors . . could be person had several traumatic incidents because we are talking about symptoms

Dr. Demarte said no summary scales exist?
OBJECTION

I hope she's feeling the heat today

Attachments

• jalook.gif
    jalook.gif
    87.4 KB · Views: 30
When William and Katherine ( of England ) were married, 3 a.m. McPeep time,
I munched eclairs and drank tea in my fanciest jammies, as I watched the wedding.
Does anyone have a Mystery Date game we could play?
Current Mood: Impatiently serene.
We're out of paper in the thread loo.
rambling along.....

Alyce and Samuels gave her the correct answers for ptsd tests, with the books and talking points that alyce used etc., Jodi could easily figure it out....

Even the live feed is having trouble with the witness and JW's line of questions.

Keeps skipping in and out...media's way of saying this is BS testimony so let's mess with it. Ha

He needs to quit asking "Does that help?" Does he (and the defense team) not realize that makes him sound like he is trying to "help" the defense and clearly is not a neutral "expert" witness.

I have only been on about 1/2 hour and I have heard him say it twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rube Goldberg Variations